Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
nelads wrote:

Can you still tighten up the main pivot right up or does the bolt bottom out before the pivot is fully tight?

Thanks for the reply. The main pivot is tight, i.e. the opposing sides won't tighten any further. But they can spin. I assume that is normal.

I think I'll take it appart and inspect, see if I can notice any wear like you mention.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
1partatatime wrote:

Is it vertical play or side to side?

Side to side, hence me thinking it was the hub bearings coming loose at first.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
Here is a link to Fanatik's WV3 frame page. Insertion depths are in their geo chart. I ended up selling my WV3 because I couldn't get the saddle height right. With a 180 oneup V2 I either had to run it too low climbing or too high descending since the 210 didn't fit

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/evil-wreckoning-v3-frame-2020?variant=32453881331758

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
Jamesb15uk wrote:
nelads wrote:

Can you still tighten up the main pivot right up or does the bolt bottom out before the pivot is fully tight?

Thanks for the reply. The main pivot is tight, i.e. the opposing sides won't tighten any further. But they can spin. I assume that is normal.

I think I'll take it appart and inspect, see if I can notice any wear like you mention.

You shouldn't be able to still rotate the main pivot once it is fully tightened so it sounds like your bolt is indeed bottoming out before the pivot is tight enough. This is one of the things I noticed on mine when I had this issue - the other thing was excessive lateral play coming from the main pivot area. Evil manufactured slightly thicker conical washers for use in this situation and replacing your current washers with the newer ones should sort your problem out.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 21:53 Quote
nelads wrote:
Evil manufactured slightly thicker conical washers for use in this situation and replacing your current washers with the newer ones should sort your problem out.

Ok that's great, I'll contact them thank you.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
Y'all I gotta be straight up and say this.. v1 insurgent > calling. I can't dial in the rear suspension and it just gets too buck on rowdy descents. I've slowed the rebound and compression down and it just doesn't grip the tech like I need. Pike Ultimate up front and a fox dpx2 in the rear. Any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
Y'all I gotta be straight up and say this.. v1 insurgent > calling. I can't dial in the rear suspension and it just gets too buck on rowdy descents. I've slowed the rebound and compression down and it just doesn't grip the tech like I need. Pike Ultimate up front and a fox dpx2 in the rear. Any suggestions?

you shouldn't be slowing the rebound down, that will make the issue worse. rebound should be as fast as possible without getting bucked, that will help the rear wheel grip in the chunk.
as for compression it can be detrimental to have the shock fully open (the shock ends up sitting too deep in the stroke and giving that firm packing feeling), it can help to add some compression damping and keep your bike higher in it's stroke.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 10:55 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
How slow is your fork rebound?

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
Ah, I'll try speeding it up before the next ride. The fork feels fine, it's the rear shock that doesn't feel nearly as supportive. It just wants to slide out when plowing through chunk and doesn't feel like I'm in control. Not that I am anyway, but I like to pretend to feel like I am.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
Ah, I'll try speeding it up before the next ride. The fork feels fine, it's the rear shock that doesn't feel nearly as supportive. It just wants to slide out when plowing through chunk and doesn't feel like I'm in control. Not that I am anyway, but I like to pretend to feel like I am.
Sometimes of your fork is set too slow, your shock will be set wayy too slow. Your fork rebound should be a little bit faster then your shock rebound. Try speeding up the fork and speed up the shock. It will be more balanced.

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 4:49 Quote
Hello people!

Is a anyone willing to sell Uprising / Undead parts (especially bolts)? I'm running into many problems disassembling my 2014 Uprising. 2 bolts completely broke off (pictures bellow) and I can't get any sort of replacement. It's really sad that evil stopped supplying these parts back in the day.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UYrNfDx

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 19:10 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
Hello people!

Is a anyone willing to sell Uprising / Undead parts (especially bolts)? I'm running into many problems disassembling my 2014 Uprising. 2 bolts completely broke off (pictures bellow) and I can't get any sort of replacement. It's really sad that evil stopped supplying these parts back in the day.

I might have some uprising hardware under my house. I'll try to look around for it this week. I shipped the rear end back when the front triangle broke and I'm pretty sure they used it to keep somebody else running. I think I kept some for my undead though, because I had this happen once when I tried to flip the chip. I'll see what I can find. Where are you?

Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
tpersons wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
Hello people!

I might have some uprising hardware under my house. I'll try to look around for it this week. I shipped the rear end back when the front triangle broke and I'm pretty sure they used it to keep somebody else running. I think I kept some for my undead though, because I had this happen once when I tried to flip the chip. I'll see what I can find. Where are you?

Looking forward on that! I'm from Romania.

Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 4:55 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
I'm from Romania.
No shit! I was born there, moved to the states when I was 7. I was last there two years ago, and finally brought my bike to ride. Was absolutely not let down. Started at Balotesti, then rode the Sinaia bike park, which was super fun. Then did a few days in Brasov on the tram. Those were excellent days.
Absolutely can't wait to go back. The scene there is so good, and there's just so much to explore.

Posted: Apr 13, 2022 at 1:30 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
I'm from Romania.
No shit! I was born there, moved to the states when I was 7. I was last there two years ago, and finally brought my bike to ride. Was absolutely not let down. Started at Balotesti, then rode the Sinaia bike park, which was super fun. Then did a few days in Brasov on the tram. Those were excellent days.
Absolutely can't wait to go back. The scene there is so good, and there's just so much to explore.

That's crazy! I hope I'll get the chance to visit the states when I'll grow older. Riding here really is great!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007001
Mobile Version of Website