Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 15:36 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
Just got a Following and im loving it. Here is a couple things I have noticed. The stock Rockshox Deluxe bottoms out very easily with the stock 2 volume tokens. I am not very heavy and it still bottoms out on rocky terrain. I am buying a Rockshox GnarDog token to remediate this issue. I purchased mine on the BuyandSell and it came with A Maxxis Assegai and an Agressor. They rolled extremely slow so I purchased a Dissector/Rekon tire combo and the bike feels like a rocket ship. However, the weight. I weighed my Following originally when it still had the Assegai/Agressor tire combo and my bathroom scale says that it weighed 35 pounds. That seems extremely off. All of the reviews that I could find online of an XL following said that it weighed around 29 or 30 pounds. Mine is the GX build but does not have extremely heavy parts and now with the Dissector/Rekon combo that should save about a pound of weight. How much does your Evil's weight? Mine is the 2021 frame.

try 50 psi over your weight, im 190ish and run 240 on my evils and always had great performance. Evils are not light, and a xl frame will weigh more than smaller sizes. None of mine weighed less than 33 granted i run dd or dh casings becasue single ply tires do not like me Big Grin

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 4:45 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
Just got a Following and im loving it. Here is a couple things I have noticed. The stock Rockshox Deluxe bottoms out very easily with the stock 2 volume tokens. I am not very heavy and it still bottoms out on rocky terrain. I am buying a Rockshox GnarDog token to remediate this issue. I purchased mine on the BuyandSell and it came with A Maxxis Assegai and an Agressor. They rolled extremely slow so I purchased a Dissector/Rekon tire combo and the bike feels like a rocket ship. However, the weight. I weighed my Following originally when it still had the Assegai/Agressor tire combo and my bathroom scale says that it weighed 35 pounds. That seems extremely off. All of the reviews that I could find online of an XL following said that it weighed around 29 or 30 pounds. Mine is the GX build but does not have extremely heavy parts and now with the Dissector/Rekon combo that should save about a pound of weight. How much does your Evil's weight? Mine is the 2021 frame.

My Wreckoning was 66 pounds in a bike bag with spares so that’s sort off irrelevant.Try another scale or just enjoy a killer off a bike

A light bike comes with disadvantages, either cost, reliability or both. If it feels right then enjoy!

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
Sorry for the a repeat post. I haven’t seen much on this topic recently in this thread. Does anyone know a fool proof way to eliminate the Insurgents V3 or any Evil Bikes nocking sounding chain slap? With a perfect B screw and all that protection I still get an annoying biking sound. Btw I am using a GX AXS derailleur.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
Bigger front ring? Creates more space between chain and chainstay? You try STFU? Heard it's good...

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 15:01 Quote
fredro wrote:
Bigger front ring? Creates more space between chain and chainstay? You try STFU? Heard it's good...
lmao I have no idea what STFU is? Could you inform me? I am running a 32T right now. I don’t really wanna go up in size.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 15:06 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
fredro wrote:
lmao I have no idea what STFU is? Could you inform me? I am running a 32T right now. I don’t really wanna go up in size.
Never mind I have seen STFU but never knew thats what it’s called. Does it really work?

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
fredro wrote:
Never mind I have seen STFU but never knew thats what it’s called. Does it really work?
Ohh yeah. I've heard a lot of good things. Watch the newest Berm Peak video. He reviews it at the end of the video

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 19:52 Quote
Never had an issue with chain slap noise, or any noise for that matter, on my Offering. But would agree that STFU is probably the best remedy available if you somehow are experiencing that. Or just remove the chain.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 23:24 Quote
I run an stfu on my bike with onyx hubs. It definitely helps a lot. I like a silent bike so the stfu I think works. I run mine on a Transition currently and use both pieces. My buddy only runs a single piece on his insurgent and it works just fine.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 4:02 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
fredro wrote:

It works. I posted a pic of my setup a few pages back.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:
Never had an issue with chain slap noise, or any noise for that matter, on my Offering. But would agree that STFU is probably the best remedy available if you somehow are experiencing that. Or just remove the chain.
Yeah, it’s strange why I am getting so much chain slap. It’s the knocking sound too. Very confused. I talked to a dude at that road a Wreckoning at TDS and he said it’s definitely chain slap.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
You think the knocking sound is really anything else?

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 16:12 Quote
Any chance that your clutch is off on your derailleur if you have a shimano derailleur

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 17:06 Quote
adhd wrote:
Any chance that your clutch is off on your derailleur if you have a shimano derailleur
Nah I'm running a GX AXS.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 18:13 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
You think the knocking sound is really anything else?

My insurgent made a weird knocking sound when I was running too much preload on my ext. I also had a creak coming from my bottom bracket that was silenced with a Wheels ABEC 3 BB and some quality grease on the threads. Are you running a bunch of preload? Also, a buddy of mine took delivery of a v3 offering that was shipped without conical washers in on the main pivot. Have you ever fully disassembled the linkage and pivot, cleaned, greased and torqued back to spec?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008344
Mobile Version of Website