Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

I do the following once a month if I’m riding a lot. Remove shock, rear wheel, and chain. Remove dog bones and flip chips. Use a bungee cord or two to suspend rear triangle from seat rails prior to removing the main pivot. Clean everything thoroughly and pack the pivots with quality grease. Reassemble, apply blue loctite to cleaned bolt threads if needed and overtorque trunnion shock bolts by 10 lb-in.

I go through a lot of q-tips to clean all of the pivots and bearing faces. I do this over a drop cloth so the conical pivot and shock spacers don’t roll away if they fall out of the frame during disassembly.
Got any tips on disassembling the old Uprising?

I’ve never seen an uprising in person.
Me either but I love that name. I think it might be their best name?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:

Me either but I love that name. I think it might be their best name?
The Undead and Uprising were top tier names in my opinion.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

I do the following once a month if I’m riding a lot. Remove shock, rear wheel, and chain. Remove dog bones and flip chips. Use a bungee cord or two to suspend rear triangle from seat rails prior to removing the main pivot. Clean everything thoroughly and pack the pivots with quality grease. Reassemble, apply blue loctite to cleaned bolt threads if needed and overtorque trunnion shock bolts by 10 lb-in.

I go through a lot of q-tips to clean all of the pivots and bearing faces. I do this over a drop cloth so the conical pivot and shock spacers don’t roll away if they fall out of the frame during disassembly.

It's a once in a life time experience to ride one.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:

due to nostalgia or performance?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
I am probably going to take the rear triangle off this week. Any tips? I have never disassemble an Evil linkage. What should I look for/be careful for? Anyone got any tips for getting the flip chip out easier?

How long does it usually take someone like you? Evening? Is it easier than a Santa Cruz? I wanna know what I am getting myself into time wise.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
I am probably going to take the rear triangle off this week. Any tips? I have never disassemble an Evil linkage. What should I look for/be careful for? Anyone got any tips for getting the flip chip out easier?

How long does it usually take someone like you? Evening? Is it easier than a Santa Cruz? I wanna know what I am getting myself into time wise.
I have a diamondback release and I can do it within a couple hours max

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:59 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

I have a diamondback release and I can do it within a couple hours max
Cool thanks. I have done it a few times on my old Santa Cruz and it took for ever… Then I realize on time I took it apart the bearings in my lower link were blown up somehow and were just hanging by a thread.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
I'll do my best to describe this, and it might be nothing at all...

I feel like I hear a hollow thud sound from my rear end when riding through rough stuff. I can recreate it by bouncing up and down in a parking lot. I have checked all my bolts, calipers and rotors seem fine, drivetrain is on with no issues. My guess is it is wheels, but the spoke are all relatively tight. I can't remember if I had this with my last bike, it might have been that I couldn't hear it over all the other noise it made.

So my super vague question is, does anyone else hear a hollow thud or generally more noise from their back end when compared to their front?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

A couple beers if I have a clean and organized work space and no distractions. I prefer to take my time and enjoy working on my bike, but you could prob knock it out in a half hour and do it right if you're in a hurry.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
Ianjmalcolm wrote:

I feel like I hear a hollow thud sound from my rear end when riding through rough stuff. I can recreate it by bouncing up and down in a parking lot. I have checked all my bolts, calipers and rotors seem fine, drivetrain is on with no issues. My guess is it wheels, but the spoke are all relatively tight. I can't remember if I had this with my last bike, it might have been that I couldn't hear it over all the other noise it made.

So my super vague question is, does anyone else hear a hollow thud or generally more noise from their back end when compared to their front?
When you bounce does it do it repeatedly and get quieter or just once? Because I remember it happening on my Insurgent when I dropped it. It would thud.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 14:56 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Ianjmalcolm wrote:

I feel like I hear a hollow thud sound from my rear end when riding through rough stuff. I can recreate it by bouncing up and down in a parking lot. I have checked all my bolts, calipers and rotors seem fine, drivetrain is on with no issues. My guess is it wheels, but the spoke are all relatively tight. I can't remember if I had this with my last bike, it might have been that I couldn't hear it over all the other noise it made.

When you bounce does it do it repeatedly and get quieter or just once? Because I remember it happening on my Insurgent when I dropped it. It would thud.

I would say it is the same sound every time.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 15:03 Quote
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Ianjmalcolm wrote:

Do your cranks spin back when you drop it?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 16:13 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Do your cranks spin back when you drop it?

Just went and checked. They do. I would say it takes about 5-6 drops for the cranks to do one full rotation.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 22:28 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

Both if you like 26 inch.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 5:30 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:

Both if you like 26 inch.

Based on what I know, the uprising was well ahead of it's time!

Active Forum Threads
1 hours ago - Continental Kryptotal Enduro Soft - your experience?
1 hours ago - Family BC trip next summer
2 hours ago - When to replace sealant?
2 hours ago - Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
2 hours ago - Riders with V1 sentinel and cascade components link
2 hours ago - ColoRADo DH riders
2 hours ago - Buy a 2018 Mach 429 in 2022?
2 hours ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
2 hours ago - Banshee Titan Owners
3 hours ago - TLD D3 Pad Liner
3 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
4 hours ago - Transition Sentinel
4 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2022!
4 hours ago - Best Bike for the Price?
4 hours ago - Herbalist To Bring Back Lost Lover +27768521739 Springs Love Spells Caster
4 hours ago - Sangoma To Bring Back Lost Lover +27768521739 Durban Love Spells Caster
4 hours ago - Sangoma To Bring Back Lost Lover +27768521739 Cape Town Love Spells Caster
4 hours ago - Sangoma To Bring Back Lost Lover +27768521739 Soweto Love Spells Caster
5 hours ago - Sangoma To Bring Back Lost Lover +27768521739 Pretoria Love Spells Caster
5 hours ago - Sangoma To Bring Back Lost Lover +27768521739 Johannesburg Love Spells Caster
5 hours ago - Elite/expert racers of pinkbike...what is your mindset when racing. How fast are you going?
5 hours ago - Sangoma To Bring Back Lost Lover +27768521739 Tembisa Love Spells Caster
5 hours ago - Pregnancy Spells Canada +1 929 335 6292 Fertility Spells to get pregnant.
5 hours ago - Pregnancy Spells United States +1 929 335 6292 Fertility Spells to get pregnant.
5 hours ago - Pregnancy Spells Texas, TX +1 929 335 6292 Fertility Spells to get pregnant.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007088
Mobile Version of Website