Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Dropper too high?

Are you asking if the post insertion is too high? If so, of course that is fine Smile Last I checked, they need to 3-4 inch minimum insertion and that dropper is definitely at least 4 inches in the seat tube.

If you’re asking about seat height, height is personal preference and dependent on what you need for proper leg extension when pedaling. Set it up for what your body needs, not for looks.

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
krau wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Dropper too high?

Are you asking if the post insertion is too high? If so, of course that is fine Smile Last I checked, they need to 3-4 inch minimum insertion and that dropper is definitely at least 4 inches in the seat tube.

If you’re asking about seat height, height is personal preference and dependent on what you need for proper leg extension when pedaling. Set it up for what your body needs, not for looks.
I was asking if this looks stupid because of how high it is out of the frame. I am on a medium Insurgent and running a 185mm post. Is that over kill? I wish Bike Yoke Droppers had a lower stack. Btw I am a looks person! I gotta have a good looking bike!

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
krau wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Dropper too high?

I was asking if this looks stupid because of how high it is out of the frame. I am on a medium Insurgent and running a 185mm post. Is that over kill? I wish Bike Yoke Droppers had a lower stack. Btw I am a looks person! I gotta have a good looking bike!

Haha have you seen Jack Moir bikes? I think it looks fine ☺️

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 17:20 Quote
I run the same amount of seat tube exposed with a large insurgent and a 210 oneup. Perfect height to pinch the seat when tucking going Mach chicken or to move the bike a bit with your knee in a turn. I used to hate it but now I find it ideal.

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 16:41 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
I run the same amount of seat tube exposed with a large insurgent and a 210 oneup. Perfect height to pinch the seat when tucking going Mach chicken or to move the bike a bit with your knee in a turn. I used to hate it but now I find it ideal.
Riding a large Insurgent? How tall are you bro?

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
krau wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Dropper too high?

The New Evil Frames have horrible insertion depths. WV3 has a 265mm depth on a large, Insurgent and following are similar. Only the Offering large has a depth deep enough to slam a 210mm oneup @ 305mm but that drops to 245mm on the medium. 210 Oneup has the shortest max insertion of 297mm. Maybe Evil will realize on the next frame updates that shorter seat tubes only allow longer droppers if the seat tube is straight.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

6’2” with a 35” inseam. Wish I could ride a medium but the seat tube is too short.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 21:37 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

6’2” with a 35” inseam. Wish I could ride a medium but the seat tube is too short.
You on a large? Why would you want to ride a medium? I am 5'9" and a medium Insurgent is in the sweet spot

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 12:28 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

You on a large? Why would you want to ride a medium? I am 5'9" and a medium Insurgent is in the sweet spot

Because medium rides like a long travel bmx bike for someone of my height and inseam.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 16:03 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

Because medium rides like a long travel bmx bike for someone of my height and inseam.

I'm the same size as you and I went with a large, felt huge and still does. Coming from a "large" 27.5 enduro, that thing really did feel like a long travel bmx bike. Definitely not able to flick this thing around as hard.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 16:13 Quote
[Quote="GunnarGunnarGunnar"]
Muchogusto wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Because medium rides like a long travel bmx bike for someone of my height and inseam.[/Quote

I'm the same size as you and I went with a large, felt huge and still does. Coming from a "large" 27.5 enduro, that thing really did feel like a long travel bmx bike. Definitely not able to flick this thing around as hard.

The high stack height makes for a roomy large.
I may take the angle set out and over fork the bike to shorten up the reach and wheelbase. 180 29” zeb and no angle adjust headset on the large Insurgent would give me the following geo:

64 hta
75.5 sta
1256 wheelbase
-3 bb
465 reach
652 stack

Essentially this would increase hta by 0.6, decrease sta by 0.6, decrease wheelbase by 7, raise bb by 5, decrease reach by 8, and increase stack by 6.

A 190 zeb would compromise seat tube angle a bit too much at 75, but the rest of the geo would be spot on.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
Anyone had any positive experiences with Evil's warranty/crash replacement program? I had a wet log on a skinny make contact with my non-drive side rear triangle (Offering V2). Shop says it cracked the rear triangle. Hard to describe how light of an impact this, was but I assure you it was light. Evil is calling it a crash replacement. I am happy to pay but it does feel like a bit of a slap in the face for a 10K CAD bike that is basically rendered useless after one light impact.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
Hey all, can you long stroke the Offering V1? Was thinking it might help make it feel more balanced with a 160mm fork. Any tried this?

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 18:58 Quote
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
Anyone had any positive experiences with Evil's warranty/crash replacement program? I had a wet log on a skinny make contact with my non-drive side rear triangle (Offering V2). Shop says it cracked the rear triangle. Hard to describe how light of an impact this, was but I assure you it was light. Evil is calling it a crash replacement. I am happy to pay but it does feel like a bit of a slap in the face for a 10K CAD bike that is basically rendered useless after one light impact.

I would recommend checking out Robert's composites in Vancouver if going through evil gets you nowhere. They do great carbon bike repair; I sent them my rear triangle off my M16 (put a massive crack in the seatstay) and had it back within three weeks (I live in Calgary and shipped it out.)
Bike has been great since then and that was about 5 years ago now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010991
Mobile Version of Website