Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:27 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
HouseofDaedalus wrote:
tuupj wrote:
Somebody here that have ridden the insurgent and the wreckoning?

I have a insurgent, size M, it's good, but sometimes I think that a size L was better for me, or rides better, more stable, faster.

My height is 1.82m / 5.971128609 ft., converter Razz .

Now I'm thinking of building a wreckoning, maybe not now, but in the future. The size M wreckoning has almost the same wheelbase, reach, chainstay length as the insurgent.

Should I go for a size L on the wreckoning or should I stay on a size M? Because of the 29 wheels that the bike will feel bigger and therefore my problem about sizing is solved?

182cm is 71.65" (5'-11 1/2"+). You'd be cramped on a medium. You're way better off on a large.
The medium does in fact go to around 6ft at the top end. (5’6”-6ft) I am 5’9” and on a medium and it works good. I would do a medium if I were you. Most people my hight ride medium Insurgents.

I'm 6 foot on a medium Wreckoning and really like it. Doesn't feel too cramped or overly stretched. I do prefer the more playful feel and maneuverability of the medium. If I was after stability I'd go with the large.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 17:33 Quote
Hi everybody,
I've been thinking on buying a new Insurgent but I'm undecided between getting a mullet or the full 27.5. The thing is that I do jumps from time to time but I would use the bike mostly for enduro purposes. In your opinion, which would be better?

What would you say are the cons about getting an Insurgent.

Finally, I'm 6 ft. tall... Medium or Large?

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
Thinking about buying a Following V3 thats posted for sale locally. I currently have an RM altitude and a ‘21 stumpjumper, so the following would ideally be on the more xc side of things but im finding it hard to find good reviews on it that arent youtuber people. The freehub mag guy is great but he doesnt make any comparisons which would help since he reviews so many bikes.

I wouldnt even really be considering this if the following wasnt such a good deal and im just interested in trying different things but can anyone give me a comparison between the following v3 and other bikes? Im hoping for something more xc oriented, the geo is fairly conservative so i have a feeling itll feel quite different from my other bikes but i guess i just need second opinions.

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
maboytes wrote:
Hi everybody,
I've been thinking on buying a new Insurgent but I'm undecided between getting a mullet or the full 27.5. The thing is that I do jumps from time to time but I would use the bike mostly for enduro purposes. In your opinion, which would be better?

What would you say are the cons about getting an Insurgent.

Finally, I'm 6 ft. tall... Medium or Large?

Thanks!
TBH, sounds like the Wrecker is more for you. Full 29 will roll faster, offer a ton of stability on rough and fast. It certainly has no problems jumping, unless you're doing something more interesting than a whip. The Wrecker is a very playful bike, the biggest difference with the mullet would be the increased clearance on really steep stuff and some more rear-wheel-out action. With the short chain stays, there's no shortage of nimbleness on the Wrecker.
Large is definitely the way to go if you're 6'. I'm 5'8" on a Medium and fits me well.

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Thinking about buying a Following V3 thats posted for sale locally. I currently have an RM altitude and a ‘21 stumpjumper, so the following would ideally be on the more xc side of things but im finding it hard to find good reviews on it that arent youtuber people. The freehub mag guy is great but he doesnt make any comparisons which would help since he reviews so many bikes.

I wouldnt even really be considering this if the following wasnt such a good deal and im just interested in trying different things but can anyone give me a comparison between the following v3 and other bikes? Im hoping for something more xc oriented, the geo is fairly conservative so i have a feeling itll feel quite different from my other bikes but i guess i just need second opinions.

I just picked up a following v3 myself. Haven’t built it up yet. Waiting for parts to build up the rear wheel. All my bikes are mulleted. So rear 29” wheels are hard to come by in my house.
I need a bike that isn’t a bruiser since I gave up my stumpy evo and am only on a enduro right now. Love my enduro but man it’s a plow.
Im basing my expectations off of my old offering v1. So I assume it’ll be poppy and fun and pedal damn well. Wish I could offer you advice bermuda. But I think you’ll enjoy it if you do pick it up. Real good mix of bike for our area. Supposedly it punches above its weight descending. I can attest that the offering did. Can’t imagine there isn’t much it couldn’t do trail wise and the pedals will be tamed a bit. I’d say go for it.

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Thinking about buying a Following V3 thats posted for sale locally. I currently have an RM altitude and a ‘21 stumpjumper, so the following would ideally be on the more xc side of things but im finding it hard to find good reviews on it that arent youtuber people. The freehub mag guy is great but he doesnt make any comparisons which would help since he reviews so many bikes.

I wouldnt even really be considering this if the following wasnt such a good deal and im just interested in trying different things but can anyone give me a comparison between the following v3 and other bikes? Im hoping for something more xc oriented, the geo is fairly conservative so i have a feeling itll feel quite different from my other bikes but i guess i just need second opinions.
I have a following V3 that I absolutely love, Such a great bike for me. Way more capable than I would have guessed and the rear suspension feels near magic for being only 120mm. I am selling mine because of a back injury, I cant ride anymore. But It converted me to Evil 100%. I don't know where you live, or your riding style, but its a fun bike. definitely recommend you demo one if you can to make sure its the bike for you. I let my buddy take mine out a week ago, and now he is thinking of buying it from me because he was so impressed with it. I genuinely think you'd be really impressed with it as well. I took it to Park City and did some park laps and it was great, chunky stuff and flow. it excelled at all. really punches above its weight class. Did you ever see Bike mags review?

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 16:05 Quote
Hey guys. Anyone on a v3 Wreckoning upgrade their stock Rockshox Super Deluxe coil to a Push Elevensix or EXT Storia? Is there a huge upgrade in performance? Ride quality? Especially with the price tag... Cheers

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 5:52 Quote
Kezzerr wrote:
Hey guys. Anyone on a v3 Wreckoning upgrade their stock Rockshox Super Deluxe coil to a Push Elevensix or EXT Storia? Is there a huge upgrade in performance? Ride quality? Especially with the price tag... Cheers
Yes, and yes. I'm a lighter rider, 145, so tuning with the stock RS wasn't ideal. I used a Sprindex to dial it in, but just couldn't get it where I wanted it. I'm a bit of a tinkerer, so the additional dials really helped me too. I gotta say, one thing that I found as an unexpected bonus was the second circuit. Since the Wrecker has a great pedaling platform, the second tunable circuit helped create a lively feeling trail mode that I use for a lot more than climbing. It also means that I'm flipping that switch a lot less since the trail mode has such a broad range of use.
For me, the $$ was worth it.

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
Anyone try an angle set with the higher BB setting of the flip chip?

I finally tried the flip chip on my Offering V2. Love how the slightly slacker feel made the bike more stable, but not too slack. But, I am knocking my bash guard on multiple things that I have never had an issue with, specifically on the climbs. Sure, I can give a bit more effort in the weight shift+technique to get up the techy bits of the climb, but I did like the higher ride height to monster truck over things.

Thoughts? I want slacker + higher BB basically. Anyone try this ?

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Nice Insurgent dude! Can we see more pics? You got a full 27.5 setup correct?

Were you asking about mine or the other dudes? been a bit since i've been on here.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 6:37 Quote
krau wrote:
Anyone try an angle set with the higher BB setting of the flip chip?

I finally tried the flip chip on my Offering V2. Love how the slightly slacker feel made the bike more stable, but not too slack. But, I am knocking my bash guard on multiple things that I have never had an issue with, specifically on the climbs. Sure, I can give a bit more effort in the weight shift+technique to get up the techy bits of the climb, but I did like the higher ride height to monster truck over things.

Thoughts? I want slacker + higher BB basically. Anyone try this ?
Not specifically on the Offering, but on several other bikes. It does help a lot for what you're describing. I climb on some ledgy techy areas, and had the same issues. Another benefit is the steeper SA, which also helps with climbing position and traction.
Downside is that by raising your BB you're going to lose some of that stability, and cornering will be a little less nimble and locked in. Huge difference? No, but worth noting.
I'm likely going to do this to my V3 Wrecker, mostly for the better climbing position. I also have a Fox 36 170mm on it, in X-low, so the A2C is lower than the geo chart shows making for a really low BB. Probably sitting at the 345 mark, and I prefer 350. Looks like Works makes one.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 3:59 Quote
Hi everyone,
has anyone experience with tuning a RS SDLX air (stock) from the Offering V1?
I don't really dig it's behaviour. With 2 tokes, I have enough bottom out resistance but mid stroke support feels more like a very plush long(er) travel bike. It's really kind of non-existent.
With megneg and 4 rings + 0 tokens I received a perfect mid-stroke support but no bottom out resistance, as the shock gets way more linear. With 2 rings and 1-2 tokens I kinda have both but it's a very harsh ride....and there is already almost no damping in that shock.
Maybe a bit dated question, but some may have had similar experiences and can tell me their solution? Smile
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Phil

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 6:33 Quote
Abacall wrote:
krau wrote:
Anyone try an angle set with the higher BB setting of the flip chip?

I finally tried the flip chip on my Offering V2. Love how the slightly slacker feel made the bike more stable, but not too slack. But, I am knocking my bash guard on multiple things that I have never had an issue with, specifically on the climbs. Sure, I can give a bit more effort in the weight shift+technique to get up the techy bits of the climb, but I did like the higher ride height to monster truck over things.

Thoughts? I want slacker + higher BB basically. Anyone try this ?
Not specifically on the Offering, but on several other bikes. It does help a lot for what you're describing. I climb on some ledgy techy areas, and had the same issues. Another benefit is the steeper SA, which also helps with climbing position and traction.
Downside is that by raising your BB you're going to lose some of that stability, and cornering will be a little less nimble and locked in. Huge difference? No, but worth noting.
I'm likely going to do this to my V3 Wrecker, mostly for the better climbing position. I also have a Fox 36 170mm on it, in X-low, so the A2C is lower than the geo chart shows making for a really low BB. Probably sitting at the 345 mark, and I prefer 350. Looks like Works makes one.

I may be removing the works headset from my insurgent when I go with a 180 29” fork on my insurgent v3. What’s your timeline for getting a works?

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
Have you looked into a Cascade Components link? Might be the ticket.
PhilBoss wrote:
Hi everyone,
has anyone experience with tuning a RS SDLX air (stock) from the Offering V1?
I don't really dig it's behaviour. With 2 tokes, I have enough bottom out resistance but mid stroke support feels more like a very plush long(er) travel bike. It's really kind of non-existent.
With megneg and 4 rings + 0 tokens I received a perfect mid-stroke support but no bottom out resistance, as the shock gets way more linear. With 2 rings and 1-2 tokens I kinda have both but it's a very harsh ride....and there is already almost no damping in that shock.
Maybe a bit dated question, but some may have had similar experiences and can tell me their solution? Smile
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Phil


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007333
Mobile Version of Website