Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Abacall wrote:
krau wrote:
Anyone try an angle set with the higher BB setting of the flip chip?

I finally tried the flip chip on my Offering V2. Love how the slightly slacker feel made the bike more stable, but not too slack. But, I am knocking my bash guard on multiple things that I have never had an issue with, specifically on the climbs. Sure, I can give a bit more effort in the weight shift+technique to get up the techy bits of the climb, but I did like the higher ride height to monster truck over things.

Thoughts? I want slacker + higher BB basically. Anyone try this ?
Not specifically on the Offering, but on several other bikes. It does help a lot for what you're describing. I climb on some ledgy techy areas, and had the same issues. Another benefit is the steeper SA, which also helps with climbing position and traction.
Downside is that by raising your BB you're going to lose some of that stability, and cornering will be a little less nimble and locked in. Huge difference? No, but worth noting.
I'm likely going to do this to my V3 Wrecker, mostly for the better climbing position. I also have a Fox 36 170mm on it, in X-low, so the A2C is lower than the geo chart shows making for a really low BB. Probably sitting at the 345 mark, and I prefer 350. Looks like Works makes one.

I may be removing the works headset from my insurgent when I go with a 180 29” fork on my insurgent v3. What’s your timeline for getting a works?

No timeline, no rush. I think I'm gonna see if I can manage to get used to the XLow setting for a bit longer. If someone else is interested, feel free to hook them up Smile

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
kfreedirt wrote:
Have you looked into a Cascade Components link? Might be the ticket.
PhilBoss wrote:
Hi everyone,
has anyone experience with tuning a RS SDLX air (stock) from the Offering V1?
I don't really dig it's behaviour. With 2 tokes, I have enough bottom out resistance but mid stroke support feels more like a very plush long(er) travel bike. It's really kind of non-existent.
With megneg and 4 rings + 0 tokens I received a perfect mid-stroke support but no bottom out resistance, as the shock gets way more linear. With 2 rings and 1-2 tokens I kinda have both but it's a very harsh ride....and there is already almost no damping in that shock.
Maybe a bit dated question, but some may have had similar experiences and can tell me their solution? Smile
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Phil

That's only my secondary bike, so I consider this a very expensive upgrade. I consider the bottom out resistance to be enhanced by the cascade link, but the mid stroke support should be even more reduced? Or not?
Tuning seems to be a safer way, or another shock maybe?

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 21:34 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
krau wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
You think the knocking sound is really anything else?

Quick way to rule out chain slap: shift to the largest cog and do a DH run. It's large enough that it keeps the chain tensioned and further away from the chainstay that it might be slapping.

If you are 100% certain it's chain slap, what chainring are you running?

When I built up my offering recently, I also thought it had chainslap. Turned out that I forgot to install these on the frame for the shifter/brake housing. The clanking sound, that echoed through the frame loudly, was the housing bouncing around at those entry/exit points for the internal routing near the shock area.

I just tested again. No "chain slap." I did tighten my main pivot and one of the dog links. Might have been it. I'll see this weekend though.

Do you have these on the headtube entry points? I only have them on the exit and entrance at the top tube/swingarm area. I would like to buy some for the headtube but I can't find them anywhere except an Evil.co google search which links to nothing

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 23:58 Quote
coolatt wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:
krau wrote:

Quick way to rule out chain slap: shift to the largest cog and do a DH run. It's large enough that it keeps the chain tensioned and further away from the chainstay that it might be slapping.

If you are 100% certain it's chain slap, what chainring are you running?

When I built up my offering recently, I also thought it had chainslap. Turned out that I forgot to install these on the frame for the shifter/brake housing. The clanking sound, that echoed through the frame loudly, was the housing bouncing around at those entry/exit points for the internal routing near the shock area.

I just tested again. No "chain slap." I did tighten my main pivot and one of the dog links. Might have been it. I'll see this weekend though.

Do you have these on the headtube entry points? I only have them on the exit and entrance at the top tube/swingarm area. I would like to buy some for the headtube but I can't find them anywhere except an Evil.co google search which links to nothing

There’s a guy on the evil owners group Facebook page that is seeking to produce these.

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 7:18 Quote
Evil can also send them to you. Shoot them an email.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 4:11 Quote
Hello people!

Does anyone know what coil/air shocks fit the Uprising? I'm currently looking at a Fast Fenix but I don't want to risk it. Thanks! (photo for reference)

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
coolatt wrote:

No, it didn’t come with enough for the head tube entry points and I don’t think it needs them to be honest. They seem to be needed when he cable is coming out at a harsh angle where a longer portion of the cable is rubbing the frame if they weren’t installed, causing noise. I’m even sure they would work on the head tube since they are made for angled insertion and the entry points at the head tube are not that angled.

Is there a reason you’re wanting to install the there? Think you have some noise coming from that area or something?

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
Hello,

does anyone here have experience with an Evil Wreckoning in 27.5"?
I've seen it here and there but did not find any further information about the way it rides.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
DealerSchlemihl wrote:
Hello,

does anyone here have experience with an Evil Wreckoning in 27.5"?
I've seen it here and there but did not find any further information about the way it rides.

I asked evil when the v3 wrek came out. They said it’s fine for free ride but not where you gotta pedal.

If you can find some 155mm cranks it would be perfect.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 14:16 Quote
Angry dolphin blue size small just popped up on the market if anyone's looking.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 14:35 Quote
Hi guys, anyone else having issues with there evil wreckoning V3 frame cracking? I’m on my 3rd rear end and had 1 front end. The rear ends keep cracking under the bridge between the chain stays. I’ve had the bike 9 months but only 6 months of riding on it as I’ve been off with injury for 2 months and 1 month with the full frame away for warranty when I had to send it back to Spain for them to inspect. Saw a guy at ARDROCK and he had a similar sized crack in his rear triangle and he didn’t even know.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
hugo-m123 wrote:
Hi guys, anyone else having issues with there evil wreckoning V3 frame cracking? I’m on my 3rd rear end and had 1 front end. The rear ends keep cracking under the bridge between the chain stays. I’ve had the bike 9 months but only 6 months of riding on it as I’ve been off with injury for 2 months and 1 month with the full frame away for warranty when I had to send it back to Spain for them to inspect. Saw a guy at ARDROCK and he had a similar sized crack in his rear triangle and he didn’t even know.

Pics of crack?

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 15:33 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
hugo-m123 wrote:

Pics of crack?

I can’t see an option to post pics on here from my iPhone.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 16:38 Quote
hugo-m123 wrote:

*Fingers crossed* I haven't had any issue with my rear triangle...but I also have a spare.

That being said, I cracked my frame on Sunday (Just a bit lower than where VanCan did). I emailed Evil on Monday afternoon, and they shipped me a new frame today. I can't speak highly enough about their unreal customer service!

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
What!? Evil actually stood behind their premium product? Say it ain’t so! I thought it was all a giant conspiracy to sell crap bikes for exorbitant prices. [sarcasm based on some of the comments that tend to show up on premium bike co threads]

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010419
Mobile Version of Website