Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
wllmd wrote:
y9pema wrote:
Coil shock on a offering V2, looking at a ohlins ttxm2.
I'm 190# confusing spring weight responses from all over, from 400 to 600 and everything in between.
Whatchu runnin. lookin for 30% thinking 525/550?

210 lbs rider
550 spring
Hard bottomouts on bad landings. Push11/6. HBO is a joke.

Consider the EXT Storia V2; completely changed my SB165 and is the only shock i've run to date I never felt a "harsh" bottom out.

Just sold the SB and built a heavy trail Offering V2 with 160mm zeb, megneg and WeAreOne strifes (may have been overkill) absolutely love this sled so far.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:25 Quote
Just to beat a dead horse. I'm kinda stuck choosing between a Offering or Following. I'm sure the Following would handle 90% of my riding just fine. Been on a Ripley AF and it does decent, but the rear get overwhelmed pretty easily. Weekend trips I ride more rowdy trails with medium jumps, steeper descents, rocks etc. Weekdays I ride pretty chill flow stuff with mild tech, plenty of roots and punchy climbs. Is the Offering the true one bike to rule them all? Evil is having a sale right now on the Offerings. Is the Offering significantly less fun on mild stuff? Choices choices...

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 17:45 Quote
SeanBonham wrote:
Just to beat a dead horse. I'm kinda stuck choosing between a Offering or Following. I'm sure the Following would handle 90% of my riding just fine. Been on a Ripley AF and it does decent, but the rear get overwhelmed pretty easily. Weekend trips I ride more rowdy trails with medium jumps, steeper descents, rocks etc. Weekdays I ride pretty chill flow stuff with mild tech, plenty of roots and punchy climbs. Is the Offering the true one bike to rule them all? Evil is having a sale right now on the Offerings. Is the Offering significantly less fun on mild stuff? Choices choices...

Had a following v3, currently ride an insurgent v3. I've ridden an offering and and can say that it's the one bike to rule them all for your use case.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 17:48 Quote
4everkidd wrote:
wllmd wrote:
y9pema wrote:
Coil shock on a offering V2, looking at a ohlins ttxm2.
I'm 190# confusing spring weight responses from all over, from 400 to 600 and everything in between.
Whatchu runnin. lookin for 30% thinking 525/550?

210 lbs rider
550 spring
Hard bottomouts on bad landings. Push11/6. HBO is a joke.

Consider the EXT Storia V2; completely changed my SB165 and is the only shock i've run to date I never felt a "harsh" bottom out.

Just sold the SB and built a heavy trail Offering V2 with 160mm zeb, megneg and WeAreOne strifes (may have been overkill) absolutely love this sled so far.

I run Ohlins TTX2 air and EXT Storia V3 coil on my insurgent V3. Both have similar damping and compliance but the Ohlins obviously pops more. Hard to go wrong with either brand. The EXT will require much less spring than calculators indicate. I'm 200lb and ride hard on a 475 spring..

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 19:11 Quote
SeanBonham wrote:

I had a v1 offering and am currently running a v3 following I have to say there is very little I’d not hit on the following. I find it’s very much a do it all and I run mostly chunky steep rutty dh runs. UCSC area, Pacifica and Marin. I’d say the offering is a bit more comfortable all around-er but I wouldn’t turn my nose up to following as a do it all. It’s my go to for everything I run. If your running a bunch of flow and some chunk it’d be great. That being said, the offering is by no means boring. You’d have a blast on it all trails. Either sounds like a good choice. One thing that might delineate them for you is what kinda rider are you? Do you prefer a fun fast twitchy pop all the time jump bike or are you looking for a more stable grippy pop when you want ride.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 23:27 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
SeanBonham wrote:

I had a v1 offering and am currently running a v3 following I have to say there is very little I’d not hit on the following. I find it’s very much a do it all and I run mostly chunky steep rutty dh runs. UCSC area, Pacifica and Marin. I’d say the offering is a bit more comfortable all around-er but I wouldn’t turn my nose up to following as a do it all. It’s my go to for everything I run. If your running a bunch of flow and some chunk it’d be great. That being said, the offering is by no means boring. You’d have a blast on it all trails. Either sounds like a good choice. One thing that might delineate them for you is what kinda rider are you? Do you prefer a fun fast twitchy pop all the time jump bike or are you looking for a more stable grippy pop when you want ride.

Agree with your statement. I rode just about everything on my following v3 that I ride on my insurgent v3. Less margin for error and a little more fatigue when blasting on a 120mm bike.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
For any Calling Owners: I currently have a fox 34 factory set at 150mm. I've been riding the bike part a bit more and find that it gets a bit sketchy on some of the gnarlier terrain. I'm wondering how many of you have upgraded to a fox 36 and if the calling is compatible with that. Would 160mm feel too big for a bike like that? Anyone have experience between the two forks and noticed a big difference?

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
There are rumors floating around the NW that Evil will have new owners in the near future if not already.

Casually dropping a bomb!
I may be rusty but is Kevin still owning EVIL as of now? Last time I read stuff about it he was working at Superbig Creative while running EVIL as a side project.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
Barkit wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
There are rumors floating around the NW that Evil will have new owners in the near future if not already.

Casually dropping a bomb!
I may be rusty but is Kevin still owning EVIL as of now? Last time I read stuff about it he was working at Superbig Creative while running EVIL as a side project.

If true it might be a good thing.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 16:04 Quote
coil 549# spring, cascade link, and a works -1.5
feels great, did not give up any pedal-ability, steering a bit slower but I prefer it that way.
been on 63 HA hardtails, last 2 years.
super stoked, BC in a week!

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 6:32 Quote
y9pema wrote:
feels great, did not give up any pedal-ability, steering a bit slower but I prefer it that way.
How does the Cascade link feel with the coil? What difference did you notice? Thanks.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
661lee wrote:
y9pema wrote:
How does the Cascade link feel with the coil? What difference did you notice? Thanks.

I put on both together, so I don't have a baseline. but compared to the air shock its noticeably softer of the top, feels more bottomless, if thats even possible! it did not loose much pop, only negative is the added weight but ive only noticed it on pedally stuff. I feel like it matches the coil fork better, not that the air shock felt bad.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 13:17 Quote
Thanks! I think I might try the Cascade link.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 4:50 Quote
crossmtb wrote:
For any Calling Owners: I currently have a fox 34 factory set at 150mm. I've been riding the bike part a bit more and find that it gets a bit sketchy on some of the gnarlier terrain. I'm wondering how many of you have upgraded to a fox 36 and if the calling is compatible with that. Would 160mm feel too big for a bike like that? Anyone have experience between the two forks and noticed a big difference?

I run a 160mm Lyrik with a 185-55 (over stroked to 143mm) CC kitsuma on a calling. The two together keep similar geo (slightly slacker) with a bit bigger bike feel to it. Much more capable than the stock 140-131mm setting. This is my do it all bike from local rather mellow trails, it handles dirt jumps just fine, and I can bring it to the bike park and hit double black tech trails to massive jump trails. Love how capable this bike is!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010274
Mobile Version of Website