Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Someone trade me your Calling for my Wrecker LB!!

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
Hey folks,

Anyone here with some deep Uprising knowledge? I believe I might have some kind of a Unicorn frame.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
crossmtb wrote:
For any Calling Owners: I currently have a fox 34 factory set at 150mm. I've been riding the bike part a bit more and find that it gets a bit sketchy on some of the gnarlier terrain. I'm wondering how many of you have upgraded to a fox 36 and if the calling is compatible with that. Would 160mm feel too big for a bike like that? Anyone have experience between the two forks and noticed a big difference?

Last Year my Calling was like that:
Fox 36 160mm travel
FOx dhx2 185x55mm, so rear travel up to 143mm.

Really a great "do it all" bike .
I found the limit on big bike park session and bought a Transition Patrol this year ( 170/170mm).

I'm actually selling all the parts of my Evil and will make a new build for the end of this year :

-> Rock Shox pike ulitmate 150mm
-> canecreek DbIL coil shoxk 185x55
-> Dt swiss XM1700 wheels

The purpose is to have a ultimate trail/all mountain bike . ( and lighter than my 17kg's Patrol )

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 21:15 Quote
Love my following with the fox 140 factory and fox rear, we do a lot of climbing and this thing loved going up much better than my old bike.No bike park stuff, mostly single track so I want to keep the weight down

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 15:29 Quote
Sad day.

Do these look like paint cracks or carbon? Bike is Evil Uprising mk1.

Context:
Noticed some white marks on the top tube while getting off the chair lift. Did not impact the frame in that spot this year. I really love the bike but this made me so sad.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 16:43 Quote
You “just” noticed those marks recently?? Looks like accumulated damage over time. Carbon looks like it’s done… R.I.P.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 17:12 Quote
I have never seen that much delam on a frame

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 19:17 Quote
Hey @newbermuda did you ever pick up that following?

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 2:29 Quote
fredro wrote:
You “just” noticed those marks recently?? Looks like accumulated damage over time. Carbon looks like it’s done… R.I.P.
now looking closer at it the left "black" ones were there for some time probably but the right white ones just appeared at once yesterday.

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 2:30 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
could I just get it repainted and done?

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
Slyv166Na wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
I wouldn't be comfortable riding that...
However, if you really love the bike and want to keep riding it, you can check with carbon repair places. Lots of them can fix most basic damage, but they'll be able to tell you for certain if that can be fixed or not.

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Slyv166Na wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
I wouldn't be comfortable riding that...
However, if you really love the bike and want to keep riding it, you can check with carbon repair places. Lots of them can fix most basic damage, but they'll be able to tell you for certain if that can be fixed or not.
I messaged Evil about it. Will definitely repair the frame if the carbon is screwed. Everyone that saw the frame in person said it's paint but I won't risk it. Hopefully it is just paint.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
Hey @newbermuda did you ever pick up that following?

No i decided i didnt need a short travel bike and have just been riding my altitude.

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 10:13 Quote
Anyone have experience with the 2023 charger 3 zeb?

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Anyone have experience with the 2023 charger 3 zeb?

Yes came from the previous Zeb Ultimate on my V3 Wrecker, and although I’ve been injured all year and am only able to be a passenger on the bike I can tell you that it’s frocking good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008835
Mobile Version of Website