Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 11:07 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
boylagz wrote:
Waiting on a 2023 lyrik ultimate, haven't had RS in like 7 yrs. Psyched.

That green color is sick. I would’ve gone for the lyrik if available in 170 or 180.
#bringback180lyriks

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
hilldescentcontrol wrote:
Heatedrotor described it good, the way dampers are tuned, and friction. Especially true with those buttercups. Difficult to put a percentage number on that as it will vary between makes and models, as well as it will change gradually with travel, but perhaps somewhere in the 0 to 30 percent range.

How much sag do you run in the rear?Smile

Yeah, I as expecting this kind of answer, but I was wondering if I'm missing something. thanks a lot.

Regarding sag: roughly 25-30% - hard to tell for sure. I'm running 550lb spring with "low" settings and I have not bottom out even once, even on generously imperfect landings. Smile I need to buy myself a 500lb spring and give it a spin. Nevertheless, rear end is absolutely awesome. I came straight from ktm prowler with very trail'y suspension characteristics (kind of a inverse parabola: 0-40% sag - very progressive, 40-60% - kind of linear, 60-100% very regressive) supported by very basic fox float. So I need to gain a bit of experience. I've only done like 100hr of downhill runs and I'm still experimenting. Recently switched to x-low and undone a spring preload to bare minimum. You ask because if it was like 30-40% the bike wouldn't be balance properly and therefore fork wouldn't work as designed?

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 6:55 Quote
Does anybody know the leverage ratio of evil insurgent v3? Would like to try to calculate the coil spring

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
Bdayhunter wrote:
Does anybody know the leverage ratio of evil insurgent v3? Would like to try to calculate the coil spring

It's about 33% progressive based on wreckoning v3 values which are pretty similar. You can calculate frame progression using the following equation:

((start ratio - end ratio) / (start ratio)) x 100

https://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2021/09/evil-wreckoning-v3-2021.html

Wrecker V3:

( 3.24 - 2.18 ) / (3.24) x 100 = 32.7 %

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
Sorry if this has been asked before. I’m 44 not a great rider but get around and get out as much as family life allows. I live in BC where it is steep and techy, I get scared on my Offering v1 with 150 pikes, which I love. My buddies are better riders and all have bigger bikes.
I am 6 ft with 30 inch legs and weigh 185lbs. I need a large frame for my long torso. I rode a tricked out wreckoning and loved it, but wonder if an insurgent would be a better fit for my stumpy legs? We only ever peddle our rides. There is no way for me to to try an insurgent. As a skill compensator for steep stuff (which I’ll be riding slowly) do you recon insurgent or wreckoning, thanks for opinions.

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
Motdoc wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before. I’m 44 not a great rider but get around and get out as much as family life allows. I live in BC where it is steep and techy, I get scared on my Offering v1 with 150 pikes, which I love. My buddies are better riders and all have bigger bikes.
I am 6 ft with 30 inch legs and weigh 185lbs. I need a large frame for my long torso. I rode a tricked out wreckoning and loved it, but wonder if an insurgent would be a better fit for my stumpy legs? We only ever peddle our rides. There is no way for me to to try an insurgent. As a skill compensator for steep stuff (which I’ll be riding slowly) do you recon insurgent or wreckoning, thanks for opinions.

If you like your current bike, you may consider putting on a 160mm enduro fork, an angleset, a cascade link and a high quality rear shock. If you pm me I can do the geo change calculations post headset and fork.

I like the way the insurgent v3 climbs, but I like the way my following v3 held speed. 29” rollover is much better in the back, but I did not like butt buzz on big compressions and oh shit moments. I think the geo on the insurgent is more favorable than the wreckoning when comparing with a 170mm 29” fork in x-low.

Posted: Sep 25, 2022 at 19:38 Quote
I have an insurgent and my brother has a wreckoning. I also have an undead I used to ride in the bike park, spent a good bit of time on all 3 over the years in whistler and the surrounding areas. I've never felt undergunned on my insurgent beside some of the really gnarly double black stuff that I would prefer a dh bike on anyways. My brothers wreckoning is his only bike so its built a bit on the burlier side, while my insurgent is my daily, built on the lighter side. I would say the wreckoning is definitely worth it if you are looking for something to help you out on the garly stuff. Its partially the build but I feel his wreckoning sits more like a dh bike, I feel down and in it when I ride so it wants to over things when pointed dh vs my insurgent that wants you to go over things if that makes sense. I'm sure you could build both but I thing a well built lightweight wreckoning would be worth it. With that said we're both on older models. Typing this out I'm sure a mullet insurgent would have a bit more "in it" feel to the wreckoning.

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 6:48 Quote
tpersons wrote:
I have an insurgent and my brother has a wreckoning. I also have an undead I used to ride in the bike park, spent a good bit of time on all 3 over the years in whistler and the surrounding areas. I've never felt undergunned on my insurgent beside some of the really gnarly double black stuff that I would prefer a dh bike on anyways. My brothers wreckoning is his only bike so its built a bit on the burlier side, while my insurgent is my daily, built on the lighter side. I would say the wreckoning is definitely worth it if you are looking for something to help you out on the garly stuff. Its partially the build but I feel his wreckoning sits more like a dh bike, I feel down and in it when I ride so it wants to over things when pointed dh vs my insurgent that wants you to go over things if that makes sense. I'm sure you could build both but I thing a well built lightweight wreckoning would be worth it. With that said we're both on older models. Typing this out I'm sure a mullet insurgent would have a bit more "in it" feel to the wreckoning.

You still have the Uprising?

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 9:40 Quote
tpersons wrote:

You about ready to sell that Undead?

Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 18:21 Quote
hahaha geez guys, I might actually sell the undead frame. I love that bike but I struggle to go back to it since its so much smaller than my insurgent. Uprising front triangle is hanging on the wall with broken headset cups, rear triangle went back to nurse some other poor sap with a broken frame along lol.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 4:46 Quote
tpersons wrote:
hahaha geez guys, I might actually sell the undead frame. I love that bike but I struggle to go back to it since its so much smaller than my insurgent. Uprising front triangle is hanging on the wall with broken headset cups, rear triangle went back to nurse some other poor sap with a broken frame along lol.
How did the Uprising end up like that? damn

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 6:53 Quote
2 weeks in Whistler at the bike park lol.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 7:17 Quote
tpersons wrote:
2 weeks in Whistler at the bike park lol.
Makes me worried about mine lol Were they actually cracking like crazy back in the day or was it just paint?

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
I think most of it was paint but I did crack my undead frame, I have a front undead triangle on my wall too lol that one broke around the shock bridge though and was well deserved. The uprising one though the actual lower headset cup broke out of the frame. I'd just say make sure youre headset is always cleaned and tensioned well.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Bdayhunter wrote:

It's about 33% progressive based on wreckoning v3 values which are pretty similar. You can calculate frame progression using the following equation:

((start ratio - end ratio) / (start ratio)) x 100

https://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2021/09/evil-wreckoning-v3-2021.html

Wrecker V3:

( 3.24 - 2.18 ) / (3.24) x 100 = 32.7 %

Thanks a lot.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007810
Mobile Version of Website