Specialized Enduro 29 or 26?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized Enduro 29 or 26?
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 16:57 Quote
So Enduro 29 or 26 for enduro racing??? SO UNDECIDED!!! I rode a enduro comp 29 and it felt great, but wasn't so sure how it would handle jumps? I am really confused Frown Please help, thanks!

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 18:49 Quote
Between the two I would go for the 26". The 29er is great but it is a lot of bike to throw around. Best thing to do is ride both, see which one gets the blood flowing. I personally went with the Trance 27.5, a few tweaks and it just feels natural to me.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 19:04 Quote
Rlvinas wrote:
Between the two I would go for the 26". The 29er is great but it is a lot of bike to throw around. Best thing to do is ride both, see which one gets the blood flowing. I personally went with the Trance 27.5, a few tweaks and it just feels natural to me.

yeah I rode the 29 and it felt great but not so stable jumping, How does the 26 climb? They're are a lot of rocks on my local trails

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 22:18 Quote
I would go for the bike that will be more fun since your racing isn't serious.the 26 should be more fun on the downhill,and if you can call a climb fun,then climbs will be more fun on a 29,(unless you are one of the funny breed that like killing themselves on climbs)

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 3:55 Quote
patrick-marsh wrote:
I would go for the bike that will be more fun since your racing isn't serious.the 26 should be more fun on the downhill,and if you can call a climb fun,then climbs will be more fun on a 29,(unless you are one of the funny breed that like killing themselves on climbs)

Nah I hate climbs but I want a bike that will get me up them easier

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 0:55 Quote
So what did you end up getting?

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 7:06 Quote
FSdesignify wrote:
So what did you end up getting?

Used enduro comp 26 with several upgrades

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
I have a 2012 Niner WFO 9 29er (feels like a tall tank). Felt I needed more "playfulness" (used to race bmx). So I bought a used 26 stumpjumper and didn't really make a difference. Maybe I should have gotten something a little more aggressive. Now looking at a fellow member's 2013 Intense Uzzi, but don't really want to waste money again. Sold the Stumpjumper, kept the WFO. Bought a Haro dirtjumper and OH MAN that thing is FUN! I want that type of feeling in the trails with a great suspension. And of course like the big wheel rollover feeling, but I wanna throw it around when I jump and carve through the turns and berms. What do you think? Are you happy with your decision? I might just go with the new 29 Enduro...damn i'm spending waaaay too much time looking and studying all the geometries on all these bike...smh & scratching it

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
FSdesignify wrote:
I have a 2012 Niner WFO 9 29er (feels like a tall tank). Felt I needed more "playfulness" (used to race bmx). So I bought a used 26 stumpjumper and didn't really make a difference. Maybe I should have gotten something a little more aggressive. Now looking at a fellow member's 2013 Intense Uzzi, but don't really want to waste money again. Sold the Stumpjumper, kept the WFO. Bought a Haro dirtjumper and OH MAN that thing is FUN! I want that type of feeling in the trails with a great suspension. And of course like the big wheel rollover feeling, but I wanna throw it around when I jump and carve through the turns and berms. What do you think? Are you happy with your decision? I might just go with the new 29 Enduro...damn i'm spending waaaay too much time looking and studying all the geometries on all these bike...smh & scratching it

dude enduro 26 is awesome, its super playful yet takes hits like a champ. It feels like a dh bike, but once you point it up hill it feels like a trail bike, plus it gives you a good feel for the trail.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.014832
Mobile Version of Website