Specialized is not a company worth supporting

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized is not a company worth supporting
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Dec 10, 2013 at 7:51 Quote
No you're right, I was somewhat generalizing, but it's still relevant to this situation. The size of a company such as Specialized "allows" them to follow what ever crazy antics they feel like doing, as stupid as that may be.

I personally think that the funniest/greatest thing up till now is the shit storm they stirred up on social media. Lot's of "lolz" we're had on the Specialized's facebook page.

EDIT: Specialized getting owned at their own game, priceless lol http://bicycleretailer.com/north-america/2013/12/09/asi-says-calgary-bike-shop-can-use-roubaix-name#.Uqc-pPRDua_

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2013 at 10:53 Quote
^That is some interesting stuff. It is funny they tried to do this.

I’ve ridden and like Spec products, but currently am on a Santa Cruz. However, I worked at a shop that carried ASI brands (Fuji, Breezer, Kestrel, SE) The ASI rep told us they licensed the Roubaix name to Specialized because Specialized designed their Roubaix, had all these bikes ready to be shipped or had already shipped, and they realized Fuji already owned it. They worked out a deal that Spesh could use the name if Fuji could license the FSR suspension design. It would seem that Spesh would have been more understanding, but just shows how caddy and hypocritical they are.

Just this year, they have managed to turn the top DH rider to a mediocre one, almost eliminate a wheel size from their line, not offer a size that seems to be blowing up, and piss off thousands and thousands of people threatening to sue. Good job Spesh.

I’m glad I sold my stumpy evo before 2013….

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2013 at 8:00 Quote
specialized dropped the Roubaix lawsuit, and now trying to sue Epix Gear....

From the Epix facebook page
bigquotesSadly, Specialized is doing the same to Epix now. I received a letter today from their lawyers- Our logo is in their eyes too similar to their "Epic" MTB frames logo. The text is DIFFERENT. The logo stylization is DIFFERENT. We are not competing for the same clients (apparel vs frames). They are over-reaching, as they did with the Roubaix bike shop. They withdrew that case thanks to social media pressure, and we would be very grateful if everyone could support us in our efforts to fight this!

Epix Gear's Facebook

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013580
Mobile Version of Website