bikebike69 wrote:
My only gripe on these is no direct mount option Frown

Yeh that's true

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 18:55 Quote
stvr0s wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:

Yeh that's true

DNM has a new model out now that I believe will have the direct mount option. It should be available in July.

http://www.dnmshock.com/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=80&pc_parent=6

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 0:00 Quote
iDred wrote:
stvr0s wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:

Yeh that's true

DNM has a new model out now that I believe will have the direct mount option. It should be available in July.

http://www.dnmshock.com/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=80&pc_parent=6

Yeh they're on the website already. Tapered steerer and it looks like direct mount stem included - http://www.dnmshock.com/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=80&pc_parent=6

And I've read somewhere that they're set up for dual disc. The photo on their site shows brake hose guides on both left and right stantion guards

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 8:36 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
yes there a direct mount. You have to buy the top crown mean for the 50cc motorcycle forks.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 10:09 Quote
The new version of these has improved clearance for tires. The lower crown on the old USD-8 measures 30mm.

The new version measures 20mm. Giving you 10mm more clearance for knobby tires.

The picture below is the area I am talking on the new version of the USD-8 with a 20mm crown.

My 26x2.7 tires would rub the lower crown on bottom out with the old USD-8.

I don't know what DNM was thinking making that part 30mm thick, but they finally updated it.

photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2016 at 2:23 Quote
So, these guys have a single crown 160mm version now.......

I just want to ride it to see if it's actually that bad

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 7:34 Quote
DNM USD-8 / Are going apply, can fit? 650b(27.5"x2,4) ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
This reminds me, still waiting for photos of someone who actually has one.

edit* I see they are pictures of them on the Foes on the last page.
I think they look pretty awesome. Now im tempted to buy a pair

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 3:17 Quote
laynehip wrote:
This reminds me, still waiting for photos of someone who actually has one.

edit* I see they are pictures of them on the Foes on the last page.
I think they look pretty awesome. Now im tempted to buy a pair

Just to update you, I've been riding those USD8's for over a year now. They haven't put a foot wrong. I even snapped the Foes about 8 months ago (and the forks took a beating during the crash that resulted), and the forks were fine and just keep on going! when i bought the DNM's i was willing to take the chance and as long as they lasted a year i'd be happy. Turns out they don't even need a service yet, they still feel taught!

They have had several crashes and I weigh 250lbs so they have been put through their paces both in terms of general use and ability to withstand a fall.

If I ever need to buy another set of forks, I hope that DNM will still be selling the USD8 at some stupidly low price, cos that's probably what i'll be buying again next time!

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 18:49 Quote
I own a set of the new USD-8 forks. They DO have dual disk capabilities as well as a new black and white colour scheme.
I don't think I have anything new to add to how well they perform in reality, versus the ignorant prejudiced bollocks we all were forced to read by some Scottish numpty no-brain plus a couple others.
If you've ever had the misfortune to go to Scotland in summer time, you'll realise just WHY he's such a miserable git ;p
I was unfortunately sentenced by life to waste some summers there, so it's not so surprising to me at all.
I should mention that I have owned basically ALL the aforementioned "quality" forks. I still have decent working Rockshox and Marzocchi's and even an '06 manitou stance 120-150mm that is still in perfect nick, (so I know how to service crap too ;p) plus EVEN Epixons on a beater bike, (which aren't terrible for suntour!) But most here have passed judgment ALL WITHOUT ever test riding one!
But if you ask them, they'll tell you they're EXPERTS! (Perhaps at chronic wanking, but not much else I'll bet!)
Whatever the case, if you can take their weight! (I'm guessing no Ebikers care about that,) or like their price for your budget, then you cannot go wrong with them. Solid bit of kit that'll last alot longer than their price would lead you to believe.
Give em a try, you're unlikely to regret it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033095
Mobile Version of Website