Semi-Official Handlebar Height 'Discussion' Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Semi-Official Handlebar Height 'Discussion' Thread
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 15:42 Quote
I noticed that when I had my 30" wide shadow bars, I was always holding them about an inch from the end on either side

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 15:44 Quote
I hold mine right at the end but I have broad shoulders, as a whole though there is a huge gap for narrow bars

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 0:06 Quote
ive got credence bars, uncut, and i find with ruben grips im holding my thumb and index finger on the tyre tread part, about 1 inch from the flange. i cannot cut down my bars any more as my brake lever wont fit (thats right kids, some of us still use those stoppy things). you would think Reynolds would consider having more room for a brake lever considring theyre market would mostly be trails riders.

theyre 8.7 rise in an s&m challenger stem, with one 10mm spacer.

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 6:18 Quote
Well fella's, I'm loving my switch to 9.25" and topload. Feels really nice with the 4* up.

My next bar choice will probably around 10", because I kinda want to switch to frontload but I want the height. Any other 10" bars on the market other than s&m, bsd, tree or primo? I was expecting more companies to jump on it tbh lol.

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 8:55 Quote
I also may try 10" bars, either the S&M 4 piece bars or Tree bars. Depending on how the S&M bar look on a bike.

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 8:58 Quote
well the benny l bars are almost big enough to look stupid,id say the 10" 4s may look good on a handful of builds but stupid on most

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 9:02 Quote
Yeah, I'm also thinking of picking up a new frame some time. Something with a taller standover and longer CS than what I'm on now

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 23:02 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
ive got credence bars, uncut, and i find with ruben grips im holding my thumb and index finger on the tyre tread part, about 1 inch from the flange. i cannot cut down my bars any more as my brake lever wont fit (thats right kids, some of us still use those stoppy things). you would think Reynolds would consider having more room for a brake lever considring theyre market would mostly be trails riders.

theyre 8.7 rise in an s&m challenger stem, with one 10mm spacer.

Huge radius bends for maximum strengths yo.

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 3:38 Quote
Ben-S wrote:
Yeah, I'm also thinking of picking up a new frame some time. Something with a taller standover and longer CS than what I'm on now
Federal Lacey

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 7:15 Quote
I was surprised when I see an 13.8 slammed on the fly fuego.

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 9:34 Quote
Big tall front ends work with long back ends in my opinion. My Verde 21" with a 13.75 back end felt awesome with a full 170mm steer tube, TL and my Death Row's. Hard to do tech though.

I had to go down in stack height and use lynx bars for my Marv not to feel super imbalanced.

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
newfie-rides wrote:
I was surprised when I see an 13.8 slammed on the fly fuego.

I found there's are multiple sweet spots for ass end length on a frame. Around 13.75-14.00 I find I can ride like normal, only I'll do all my hops/manuals straight legged and dropping back, and 13.25 is good too for killing anti hop, and big hop-manuals and lower CG while in a manual. But anything in between is awkward as f*ck. Maybe it's just me.

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 9:40 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
I ride 9" bars that are 30" wide, to match my penis.

Your penis is 9" high and 30" wide? What about sweep?

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 9:51 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
austin2112 wrote:

12 degrees right, 4 degrees back

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
austin2112 wrote:

12 degrees right, 4 degrees back

lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009547
Mobile Version of Website