Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
pedaladdiction wrote:
Welcome to the internet just let it go
yeh you you are so right, I will.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 15:15 Quote
ticket-s wrote:
seraph wrote:
Why are you yelling?
because you can't except, that my bike is about the same sort of weight as yours. So I'm still going to have to rip apart my bike to prove it. Why can you not see that every part of my bike has been modified, to lighten my bike, you must think I know, nothing about a bike, but I have building and jumping bikes, from the age of 6. Will show you some more photos.

Dude, I'm tired of your crap. Learn how to f*cking spell and quit being so damn uptight about how light your bike is. Grow some muscle and it won't make much difference. The proper spelling of the word in this context is "accept", not "except" I.e: Exception, Everything except that, And accept the fact that no one wants to hear a whiny little bitch crying about the wieght of his bikes compared to others.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
This is not the road bike section. Weight weenie stuff belongs there.

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 0:32 Quote
Glad to see if am not the only one tired of these two battling about weights of parts and bikes.

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 6:18 Quote
I built my bike without one consideration to weight. I knew what parts I wanted, and thats what I used. I still dont know what it weighs. And you know what, I like riding it probably just as much as everyone else with a ticket s does. If you like your bike, it doesn't matter what it weighs. Obviously each of you wouldn't build it any differently given another opportunity, which goes to show you goes both know what your doing.

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
mtb55 wrote:
ticket-s wrote:
seraph wrote:
Why are you yelling?
because you can't accept, that my bike is about the same sort of weight as yours. So I'm still going to have to rip apart my bike to prove it. Why can you not see that every part of my bike has been modified, to lighten my bike, you must think I know, nothing about a bike, but I have building and jumping bikes, from the age of 6. Will show you some more photos.

Dude, I'm tired of your crap. Learn how to f*cking spell and quit being so damn uptight about how light your bike is. Grow some muscle and it won't make much difference. The proper spelling of the word in this context is "accept", not "except" I.e: Exception, Everything except that, And accept the fact that no one wants to hear a whiny little bitch crying about the wieght of his bikes compared to others.

WTF, lol, your comment is more pathetic than both of us going on.
I know I can't spell very well and I don't give a duck, lol that was funny, meant to say f*ck.
But you know what they say about people who can't spell very well, they are good with there hands.

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 0:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
wannab wrote:
seraph wrote:

King hubs are actually not that light, even with ceramic bearings. Plus you've got 36 spokes versus the 32 on my wheels.

Two WTB KOM i23 rims are almost a pound lighter than Mavic EX 721 rims. Saint M820 cranks weigh 919g, whereas SRAM X01 cranks weigh 645g with a regular spider and 32t ring (I ran a direct mount MRP). Saint M820 brakes weigh approximately 320g each, whereas X0 brakes weigh about 200g each.

The only parts that you have that might have been lighter are your seat/post, handlebars, and pedals, and your lack of a chain guide. Keep in mind that I used titanium bolts on almost all of my parts (calipers, levers, derailleur, ISCG, seat post, stem). Even your tires are over 100g heavier than mine. Even my chain is lighter, at 243g versus your XTR at 260g.

You see where I'm going with this? I'm not dissing your bike, just expressing my skepticism over your claimed weight.

Seraph, all you do is talk about weight and show pics of your bike. Do you actually jump your bike? I see no pictures of you riding anywhere on your profile.

So what? Just because I don't have any pictures of me riding, you assume I don't ride? I ride alone, what am I supposed to do? Set up the camera and film myself? Pay a hobo and hope he doesn't steal the camera? I'd rather just ride my bike.

Beer

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 7:37 Quote
How are those rims holding up at 400g each? I know those wouldn't work for me but your probably a lighter and smoother rider than I am.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
So getting back to talking about our frames. The little piece in the back to adjust the backend configuration. I'm running mine in the slacker position, lower bb, which should mean a better manualing bike. Just wondering if any of you have played around with it either way and have an opinion on what position to ride it in.

I'm not spinning off jumps so the need for a steeper HT or higher bb is not something I would think would help me ... thoughts?

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 20:54 Quote
I have never noticed a change in spin speed with a steeper headtube angle, nor i have seen similar effects with bb height. At slow speeds or flat ground these two make a difference to get into the air, but once in the air wheelbase is the only hindrance. Giant mounds of dirt and a helping of some velocity will take care of getting you into the air, so i would say optimise the geometry for going fast while on the dirt (low, slack)...

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 23:22 Quote
The lower bb position and locked out suspension makes a badass pumptrack bike. So quick.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 23:23 Quote
Has anyone figured out what the 3 bolts on the bottom of the top tube is for yet?

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
wannab wrote:
Has anyone figured out what the 3 bolts on the bottom of the top tube is for yet?
I have idea, the only thing that I could think of is different cable routing. ? Any other suggestions.

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 11:51 Quote
ticket-s wrote:
wannab wrote:
I have a idea, the only thing that I could think of is different cable routing. ? Any other suggestions.

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
Got started on mine last week!

Parts are starting to roll in. What size seat post clamp do I need though? 34.9 work?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005624
Mobile Version of Website