Trek Ticket S Build

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Trek Ticket S Build
Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 20:24 Quote
Hey everyone,

I’ve ordered my Ticket S frame today and super pumped. This is my first build I have ever done so I’m hoping you guys can take a look at my parts and let me know what you think, if I have stuff that won’t work together or missing anything. Some of these parts I currently use or have done research on but like I said... this is my first build.

Fork: Rockshox Pike DJ 100mm
Headset: FSA that comes with the bike
Stem: Chromag HIFI V2
Handlebars: Chromag Fubars FU40
Grips: ODI Vans
Seat: Chromag Overture
Seatpost: Chromag Dolomite
Crankset: Shimano Saint M825
Chainring: Will find a 30t
BB: SM-BB80 SM-BB71-41C
Pedals: Chromag Contact
Derailleur: Either a Saint or a Surly chain tensioner
Wheels: I’m not sure yet on wheels. I do know I want it to be a single speed. Would love some suggestions otherwise I’ll have some custom ones made at my LBS.
Tires: Kenda Small Block 8s
Brakes: SRAM Level (I have a spare)
Chain: KMC

Thank you for taking a look and any feedback!

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 13:48 Quote
ztr olympic with chris kings.

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 19:26 Quote
chyu wrote:

Looks like they stop making ztr olympics and chris king hubs are stupid expensive lol. I was thinking maybe profile racing hubs though.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 6:01 Quote
SeanPep wrote:
chyu wrote:

Looks like they stop making ztr olympics and chris king hubs are stupid expensive lol. I was thinking maybe profile racing hubs though.

Any cheap front hub with an onyx rear hub, super smooth.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 6:12 Quote
What size seatpost will fit on this frame?

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 6:18 Quote
SeanPep wrote:

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 6:29 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
SeanPep wrote:

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
Another question... anyone know what headset comes with the frame? Trying to find a 1.5 race crown to match.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 10:15 Quote
Any suggestions on single speed chain tensioner? I currently have the Problem Solvers one but I don't know how much I like it. It rubs against the frame and I'm not a huge fan of that.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 20:25 Quote
SeanPep wrote:
Any suggestions on single speed chain tensioner? I currently have the Problem Solvers one but I don't know how much I like it. It rubs against the frame and I'm not a huge fan of that.

I just use an old derailleur, with two larger cogs on each side to keep it in place. On another note, had a sick session today and still really liking my ticket s.

Awesome session today did some no handers.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
Nice pic! Is that in Frisco?

Do you ever have to adjust the derailleur or just set it and forget it. I had a guy at a LBS talk me out of using a saint derailleur because he said I would be contently adjusting it.

Kitejumping wrote:
SeanPep wrote:

I just use an old derailleur, with two larger cogs on each side to keep it in place. On another note, had a sick session today and still really liking my ticket s.

Awesome session today did some no handers.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
Yeah, Frisco bike park. I was using both limit screws to lock it in place, but one of them just broke riding yesterday. If I can't get it working with a cable might just throw on an old zee rd.

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
Any issues with your chain coming off? I have mine come off with the problem solver a few times now.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
SeanPep wrote:
Any issues with your chain coming off? I have mine come off with the problem solver a few times now.

photo

I put a cog on each side to keep it in place.

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 11:13 Quote
Can that be done with any hub or do you need a special one? I have a profile elite ss.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022023
Mobile Version of Website