Bmx help :/

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bmx help :/
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
guys... im about to buy a Haro f1 . i have to travel 9Km from my place to college... and as for the road its pretty flat and a great tarmac.... do u guys think it will be pretty hard for me to ride that distance on a BMX? cuz i have heard Bmx bikes are not that friendly when it comes to long distance travels :/

a good help will be appreciated Smile
thanks

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 at 14:03 Quote
YOu'll get used too standing and pedaling that far. I do around 20-25kms on mine when I ride street all the spots are on the other side of town for me

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 at 18:36 Quote
its a pain to bike long flat distances on of Bmx but its not impossible

Posted: Jan 27, 2014 at 19:00 Quote
It depends on the bmx as well. Some people prefer their bmx to have really high rise handlebars which make you less hunched over / leaned over while you are standing/pedaling, so some bmxes may feel more comfortable than others to cruise around on.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 6:01 Quote
im gonna have this prob soon gotta ride 7.5miles to my nearest park

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 13:26 Quote
i used to ride 16 miles a day. just get some good music pumpin in your ears and you can go anywhere. bmx bikes are great for building legs muscles

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 13:38 Quote
If all your doing is riding from place to place, u definitely shouldn't get a bmx. And road/touring bike would be a way more logical investment. But if you actually want to do some street riding or go to skateparks while your there you will have no problem riding your bmx bike. You will have to get used to standing but it can definitely be done. Just not as efficiently as on a road bike

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 21:08 Quote
Pro-Lite wrote:
i used to ride 16 miles a day. just get some good music pumpin in your ears and you can go anywhere. bmx bikes are great for building legs muscles
This. I've done some long rides on my bmx and it's really not that bad as long as there aren't a ton of hills to go up.

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 12:50 Quote
The other thing to take into consideration is the gear ratio you run, 25-9 is standard, but if you run a 30-9 it will be easier to get speed and coast farther with less pedaling
Sylaw wrote:
guys... im about to buy a Haro f1 . i have to travel 9Km from my place to college... and as for the road its pretty flat and a great tarmac.... do u guys think it will be pretty hard for me to ride that distance on a BMX? cuz i have heard Bmx bikes are not that friendly when it comes to long distance travels :/

a good help will be appreciated Smile
thanks

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 18:54 Quote
change the gear ratio to a 30-9 i was a bike messenger in denver on a bmx and dusted the fixie crowd on that gear ratio must have stong legs and hills can be a pain but its mash out city

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 11:39 Quote
My twom bolts don't fit why

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 19:12 Quote
If you ever wanted to wear skinny jeans ( I hope you don't ), good luck cause your thighs will be huge if you stand the whole way.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011400
Mobile Version of Website