Hardtail frame for 130mm or 140mm fork

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Hardtail frame for 130mm or 140mm fork
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 23:16 Quote
I'm trying to find a good frame that would work with 130-140mm forks and singlespeed compatable. I ride Mostly AM type stuff. With a little bit of dirt jumping mixed in there. What kind should I get? Right now I have a specialized p.2 but I kind of want something more trails oriented. Help??

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 23:30 Quote
Oh and I forgot to mention, 26"ers only

Posted: Jan 30, 2014 at 10:47 Quote
Dartmoor Hornet?

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2014 at 10:56 Quote
I have a NS Surge with a 160mm talas set up as SS. Drop it down for dirt jump or run it tall for trail riding. For me it has been a good setup.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 6:09 Quote
What about something from On one, I have an Inbred with 130mm forks, the 456 can have longer travel and you can also get a carbon version to save weight. Seem like good value.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 6:46 Quote
The Ragley Marley can take up to a 160mm fork, and has pretty good specs.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 9:43 Quote
Cove Stiffe...Best hardcore Hardtail...can take 160

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 11:27 Quote
something with a tapered headtube! Your future self will thank you later!

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 20:03 Quote
How bout the Santa Cruz chameleon.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 22:26 Quote
I went with the Transition TransAm. Steel has a ride quality that is worth the extra weight. 44 ID headtube, so you could run tapered or old school forks. 30.9mm seat tube diameter to run whatever flavour dropper post you like. Swappable drop-outs to run a thru-axle or quick release rear wheel. Might be a single speed drop out option (not sure on that). Great geometry, feels right for me with a 140mm fork. Tough as nails. And, Transition seems to be run by a great bunch of guys.

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 4:56 Quote
t-13 wrote:
What about something from On one, I have an Inbred with 130mm forks, the 456 can have longer travel and you can also get a carbon version to save weight. Seem like good value.

The 456 is a great all round frame, although the ride can feel a little bit inert compared to fancy Reynolds tubing. Considering that it's only £225 though, it's an absolute bargain.

However, I've tried the carbon version and I'd advise you to stay away from that - it's as stiff as the dickens, and beat the hell out of me pretty quickly. Steel is much more forgiving for this kind of riding.

Have you had a look at the Stanton Slackline? They're ace frames, and are delivered worldwide.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 3:15 Quote
I have a Ragley Blue Pig. It's their stoutest frame and is made for forks from 140 to 160mm. 4130 Chromoly frame, 44mm headtube that can take any fork, replaceable derailleur hanger, 66.5 degree headtube that makes it slack as hell and stable as hell on the downhills and the techy stuff. I've done stuff on this bike that I haven't been able to do on anything but a full suspension. No more slow speed picking around big rock obstacles, bomb it. No more twitchy steering on fast downhill runs due to steep 71 degree head tube angles, bomb it. Climbs like a goat and has that nice steel frame. And the frame is available from Chain Reaction and has free shipping to the US. I had mine in a week for right around $400.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2014 at 12:55 Quote
jops wrote:
t-13 wrote:

The 456 is a great all round frame, although the ride can feel a little bit inert compared to fancy Reynolds tubing. Considering that it's only £225 though, it's an absolute bargain.

However, I've tried the carbon version and I'd advise you to stay away from that - it's as stiff as the dickens, and beat the hell out of me pretty quickly. Steel is much more forgiving for this kind of riding.

Had the exact same experience. Coupled with a really long TT and no ISCG tabs, I didn't like my C456 at all.

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 1:59 Quote
ns eccentric http://www.nsbikes.com/eccentric,698,pl.htm
http://www.nsbikes.com/eccentric,702,pl.htm

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012374
Mobile Version of Website