Oneup Components 42 tooth - 1x10, reviews, set ups, etc...(1x11 killer?)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Oneup Components 42 tooth - 1x10, reviews, set ups, etc...(1x11 killer?)
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
How much is the rad cage,if you buy in the UK?

Posted: Feb 14, 2015 at 6:31 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Price is on the one up website

Posted: Feb 14, 2015 at 6:55 Quote
maccduff wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
in sterling?ive only seen it in dollars,and can't find what the postage costs are aswell,I'll have a look again,was dollars Thursday.cheers

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 15:11 Quote
Got my Oneup 42 tooth + 16 tooth sprocket and 32t chainring today. Upgraded my SRAM 2x10 drivetrain with 11-36 cassette, 24-38t rings and X7 front mech.

First impressions:

- Installation was super easy and took about an hour. Had to remove the cranks to fit the new chainring

- Took a ride around the neighbourhood and it shifts great so far

- Chain was already long enough so I didn't have to add any links

- With removal of front mech total weight saved was 346g

- The change in gearing is more or less equivalent of loosing the lowest and highest gear

- In conclusion, very happy so far!

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 at 5:38 Quote
Thought I would post my experience since I found the solution to my problem. I have a stumpjumper evo and it came with the oneup 42t and 16t when I bought it. When pedaling backward however the chain kept jumping up gears when I was around the 16t. It was time to replace the chain so I decided to replace the entire drive train. Unfortunately even with all new parts when pedaling backward the chain still jumped gears so I decided to try one more fix. I ordered the shimano xt m771 16t to replace the oneup 16t. Installed it and the problem was instantly solved. Drivetrain now shifts flawlessly through all gears and the chain no longer jumps when in reverse. I bought the xt 16t for $6.30 on eBay so it was a super cheap fix. Hopefully this helps someone else out there.

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 at 20:29 Quote
Fatfish wrote:
Do you need to run a long cage derailer with the oneup?
I am running a Zee medium

You'll need to swap on a medium cage xt inner cage. I just did this on my zee.

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 1:09 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
maccduff wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
in sterling?ive only seen it in dollars,and can't find what the postage costs are aswell,I'll have a look again,was dollars Thursday.cheers

Jase - The prices are always in USD so just use the current exchange rate to give you the GBP price. I checked my Paypal account and I paid $35 for my RAD cage, back in 2014, plus $4.50 P&P, which was converted to £25.03 using 1.58 as the exchange rate.

Using today’s prices and exchange rates I reckon you’re looking at £29-30.

ETA: Sorry, just realised your post was a year ago. Smile

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 4:14 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
maccduff wrote:

Jase - The prices are always in USD so just use the current exchange rate to give you the GBP price. I checked my Paypal account and I paid $35 for my RAD cage, back in 2014, plus $4.50 P&P, which was converted to £25.03 using 1.58 as the exchange rate.

Using today’s prices and exchange rates I reckon you’re looking at £29-30.

ETA: Sorry, just realised your post was a year ago. Smile
lol,thanks anyway buddy

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008480
Mobile Version of Website