what do you do for a living?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
what do you do for a living?
Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
Kinda interesting how many pinkbike members are skilled trade/working class. Or at least the people posting here.
I'm a Ford line technician. Certified in everything just waiting on the Senior Master status.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 13:02 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Ford line technician. Hate it. Going back to university to do something else as soon as I can.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 13:10 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
dodge line technician. Gets pretty boring doing control arms and ball joints all day

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 at 4:40 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
Ford line technician. Hate it. Going back to university to do something else as soon as I can.

Yup. Didn't happen.

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 at 6:52 Quote
Was a Fitter by trade in the ship building industry, recently moved into a design role within the same industry.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:

Yup. Didn't happen.

I was just trying to point out you hated it. That sucks man, I couldn't work a job I hated

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 10:18 Quote
Well, the money's pretty good, don't think i could earn any better if I tried getting out, it's just a difficult job, with flat rate and all.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
MadCow87 wrote:
Was a Fitter by trade in the ship building industry, recently moved into a design role within the same industry.

I'd like to make a move like that at some point down the road. For now I just want some jobs to pop back up, there's not much going on in Canada for construction right now.

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 0:58 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
MadCow87 wrote:

I'd like to make a move like that at some point down the road. For now I just want some jobs to pop back up, there's not much going on in Canada for construction right now.

It's odd man. It's nice to go home clean and not stinking the house up or covered in cuttings and stuff, but the work and the way people think when designing things is insanely odd

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 7:16 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
MadCow87 wrote:

Man in BC conctruction is going crazy - good trades hard to find!

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 10:31 Quote
bigredride wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
MadCow87 wrote:

what do you mean by this??

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
bigredride wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
MadCow87 wrote:

agreed!!! the lower mainland is going crazy.

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 17:42 Quote
Really? Residential/commercial construction or industrial construction?

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 17:50 Quote
Single family homes/high rises/roads/ and infrastructure for new sky train lines.

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 18:46 Quote
Ah, yeah, not really my type of gig. Although welding structural on high rises would be alright with the right pay

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.040930
Mobile Version of Website