Anyone else planning to spend season -14 in Morzine?

PB Forum :: Europe
Anyone else planning to spend season -14 in Morzine?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 3, 2014 at 16:59 Quote
Hey!

I'm planning on spending the following summer in Morzine. Heading down in early June to be all set when the lifts open and planning on staying until late August/early September. I'm bringing my DH bike. And hopefully a car.

I'm a newcomer in the DH-game, been on the BMX and Dirtbike on and off the last 10 years or so, until last summer when a friend got me hooked at DH.

Anyone else thinking along the same lines?

Accommodation is next on my schedule. Any suggestions on good Chalets or similar with seasonal renting?

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 2:19 Quote
Hi man. I'm also heading out to Morzine on the 2nd of June with my girlfriend, we're gonna be there until early September.

I'm gonna have my DH bike too, Lucy doesn't ride but I'm sure I'll be riding at least a few days a week! I'm hoping to find a bit of part time work cleaning etc to cover some of the cost of food.

We're staying in a shared chalet, seems like a reasonable deal and cheaper than apartments! Comes with bike storage etc.

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 8:30 Quote
burgeeess wrote:
Hi man. I'm also heading out to Morzine on the 2nd of June with my girlfriend, we're gonna be there until early September.

I'm gonna have my DH bike too, Lucy doesn't ride but I'm sure I'll be riding at least a few days a week! I'm hoping to find a bit of part time work cleaning etc to cover some of the cost of food.

We're staying in a shared chalet, seems like a reasonable deal and cheaper than apartments! Comes with bike storage etc.

Hey!

I'm thinking the same workwise. Shouldn't be all that hard to find something.

Nice, found any good chalets yet?

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 at 12:37 Quote
Yeah hopefully it's not gonna be an issue! Yeah we've booked into Chalet Divaria from MTBmorzinebeds, they've got some pretty good deals on accommodation for the whole season.. I don't think it's as luxurious as staying somewhere like BikeMorzine but it's gonna get the job done for sure!

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 at 4:04 Quote
Hi, im moving out to Morzine in May if u wanna hook up 4 a ride let me know, ill be about most of the time!Smile

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 at 14:59 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
Hi, im moving out to Morzine in May if u wanna hook up 4 a ride let me know, ill be about most of the time!Smile

Sweet! Where are yout staying? I'm going there early june and staying as long as my money lets me!

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 at 16:12 Quote
Adden wrote:
thedee38 wrote:

Sweet! Where are yout staying? I'm going there early june and staying as long as my money lets me!
im staying in chalet montana in Montreond, im the bike tech there for summer but my mate Zeb owns the chalet is putting me up from May to Dec and maybe throught winter too!!! Have you been to Morzine before?

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 4:08 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
Adden wrote:
thedee38 wrote:

im staying in chalet montana in Montreond, im the bike tech there for summer but my mate Zeb owns the chalet is putting me up from May to Dec and maybe throught winter too!!! Have you been to Morzine before?

Sweet! So I'll come to you then if my bike breaks down!

That sounds really nice! Let me know if you have any spots available for the winter, if I manage to find work of some sort I'm thinking about staying longer. Big maybe though...

Been there once before in August last summer. Fell in love with the place so decided right away I had to go back. So I booked my stay at Chalet Divaria in Morzine last week.

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 6:11 Quote
cool yea man no probs! Drop me a PM when yoor over and we'll have to hook up, anything you need to know ill be happy to help too.

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 17:25 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
cool yea man no probs! Drop me a PM when yoor over and we'll have to hook up, anything you need to know ill be happy to help too.

Sweet, as I said I'll get there early June. Will for sure hook you up! It's gonna be a sweet summer!

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 17:53 Quote
I'm planning on heading out there too! Just on the hunt for a job first. Does anybody know the names of local bars/shops/chalet companies I could get in contact with?

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 5:42 Quote
not sure of companies but just google summer jobs in morzine n look on Facebook too theres a few pages on there that advertise u may struggle with bar work as its first come first serve n they usually go pretty quick! ill find out sum more Info n get let u no

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:06 Quote
Like thedee38 says, check Google and Facebook. There's a page on Facebook called seasonal jobs morzine or something like that. New jobs almost everyday, all around the year!

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 3:40 Quote
Check out on FB a group called Morzine crew - talk to me or summut like that theres all sorts of shit on there too! Building works gonna be kicking off soon too if ur into that kinda thing, weathers well warm over here at the mo, skining in t's or hoodies!

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 6:25 Quote
Hey guys!

I'm hoping to spend my summer in Morzine too, I'm looking for a job just now and applied for a few! I do DH and trail riding so if anyone has any advice on looking for jobs or tracks to ride give me a shout Smile Or if you fancy meeting up and riding together Smile

Thanks Smile x

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012306
Mobile Version of Website