Anyone else planning to spend season -14 in Morzine?

PB Forum :: Europe
Anyone else planning to spend season -14 in Morzine?
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
Minnie-18 wrote:
Hey guys!

I'm hoping to spend my summer in Morzine too, I'm looking for a job just now and applied for a few! I do DH and trail riding so if anyone has any advice on looking for jobs or tracks to ride give me a shout Smile Or if you fancy meeting up and riding together Smile

Thanks Smile x
Hi read the above for bit of advice on the job front n places to stay if you haven't already got one! You wanna try looking at child care jobs, there pretty good money in Morz, cleaning jobs are ok too people always want chalets cleaning check out that morzine crew group on fb. If you wanna hook up 4 a ride ill gladly show you round trail, dh or road bike if you got 1!! Im a bike tech too so if you need any work holla at meSmile got work shop+ tools!

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 15:15 Quote
Yeah crew, I'll be there for the summer too. I found my job on morznet. I went through a load of companies that advertise on there and sent out A LOT of emails. Only one person actually got back to be with an offer but they were very enthusiastic about hiring me which is great. Looking forward to heading out there, I've never been before but I ride DH and trail bikes in north Wales a lot and I did a season in Queenstown NZ. Should be there end of May so anyone on here get in touch and we'll get out and session some trails!

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 15:45 Quote
rorymalkin wrote:
Yeah crew, I'll be there for the summer too. I found my job on morznet. I went through a load of companies that advertise on there and sent out A LOT of emails. Only one person actually got back to be with an offer but they were very enthusiastic about hiring me which is great. Looking forward to heading out there, I've never been before but I ride DH and trail bikes in north Wales a lot and I did a season in Queenstown NZ. Should be there end of May so anyone on here get in touch and we'll get out and session some trails!
Sweet, u got ur trail bike with u? Les gets is open at the weekends from 25th of may so can hit it up ova thee sat n sun!

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 13:46 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
rorymalkin wrote:
Sweet, u got ur trail bike with u? Les gets is open at the weekends from 25th of may so can hit it up ova thee sat n sun!

Yeah I'll have my trail bike with me, lets do it. Do locals ride the area on trails bikes before the lifts open by any chance? I start working on the 6th of June so would probably want to do more riding whilst I get chance

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 15:47 Quote
Wel u can ride wot u like but its easier to get around on a trail bike wen the lifts aren't on! Like you can pedal up hill for a start! I suppoze it might depend on the weather too as to how much riding is gonna be done before the season begins too, but theres fuk all we can do bout that lol I got my road bike here to so will be doing some big road rides if anyone's Keane?

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 16:20 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
Wel u can ride wot u like but its easier to get around on a trail bike wen the lifts aren't on! Like you can pedal up hill for a start! I suppoze it might depend on the weather too as to how much riding is gonna be done before the season begins too, but theres fuk all we can do bout that lol I got my road bike here to so will be doing some big road rides if anyone's Keane?

Yeah I don't mind a bit of uphill riding in the area to keep myself busy and fit. I'm doing plenty of riding in UK right now so I should hopefully be in full swing by the time the lifts open. I've not got a road bike but if I make more of a full term home in the Alps I'm sure it's something I'll eventually invest in

Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 13:04 Quote
Hi lads,
I'll be in Morzine from 7th till 13th June, for the first time. I don't know what to expect from the area but I've done a lot of research and it's apparently the best area to go!
I did book my time off and started planning the trip a couple of weeks ago. I've now found out that the lifts will (might) not be operating until the 15th!!!
What shall I do? Will I be able to up in the mountains at all?

Please help me!

Cheers,
Paul

Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 15:22 Quote
Hmmmm..........well les gets is open at the weekends but you will only be there for 1 weekend! I dunno if any other lifts will be open, they still have some work to do on the pleney lift in the inter season! N im pretty sure the rest of the lifts dont open until the 27th on June. Can yoh not rebook?

Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
Nope, i can not Frown
I could go to another location but not sure where...?

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 15:05 Quote
Hey
I'm heading to Morzine for the summer season 7th June 7th September for a biking holiday. Taking the Downhill and Enduro with me. Heading down from Switzerland with my pea-shooter VW Polo and bike rack.
I've just booked with Chalet Divaria (the last bed actually) - so full house. Cool to see burgeeess and Adden are staying there too.
Heading down by myself so if anyone want to go for a ride, beer or what ever. I'm keen.

Pisky wrote:
Hi lads,
I'll be in Morzine from 7th till 13th June, for the first time. I don't know what to expect from the area but I've done a lot of research and it's apparently the best area to go!
I did book my time off and started planning the trip a couple of weeks ago. I've now found out that the lifts will (might) not be operating until the 15th!!!
What shall I do? Will I be able to up in the mountains at all?

Please help me!

Cheers,
Paul

North or south! go north or south. check out this website http://www.gravitymountainbike.com/ Not updated but regardless good.
check out France, I'm not sure of the openings in the south.
and check out Germany. Bad Wildbad has an awesome IXS downhill, Todtnau is open next weeked, In france but more north, there is Lac Blanc which looks amazing.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 1:32 Quote
I am thinkig I will base myself in morzine but will have no transport and need to get to the enduro races, is there anyone that will be heading to the valloire and la thuile world series races and to the maxi avalanch races that wouldnt mind a paying passanger?

Posted: May 11, 2014 at 5:39 Quote
burgeeess wrote:
Hi man. I'm also heading out to Morzine on the 2nd of June with my girlfriend, we're gonna be there until early September.

I'm gonna have my DH bike too, Lucy doesn't ride but I'm sure I'll be riding at least a few days a week! I'm hoping to find a bit of part time work cleaning etc to cover some of the cost of food.

We're staying in a shared chalet, seems like a reasonable deal and cheaper than apartments! Comes with bike storage etc.

Im doing the exact same thing, but me and GF have already got jobs out there and our own flat!

Posted: May 14, 2014 at 2:36 Quote
Hey Richu, good to hear we have a full chalet!

We'll have to head out for a ride Joey, does your girlfriend ride bikes?

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 6:16 Quote
Im booked up at chalet montana from 5th july only for a week though went last year best week of my life

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 9:49 Quote
russovwick wrote:
Im booked up at chalet montana from 5th july only for a week though went last year best week of my life
Ill see you theere then Russ, im bike tech at the montana also living in the chalet before n after the season! Bin out on the super M n pleney today they are running so so sweet at the mo!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018579
Mobile Version of Website