Riding on Anxiety Meds

PB Forum :: Downhill
Riding on Anxiety Meds
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Feb 15, 2014 at 17:37 Quote
So I have been struggling with panic attacks and a lot of social anxiety lately.
I was prescribed Xanax for a while and then Klonopin later on.
It has been years since I have been on these meds and since then I have taken up DH.

Is there anyone out there that rides consistently and is on the meds?
Thinking about being on that medication makes me a little leery of how well my motor skills will function
and my ability to properly judge things while riding.

I think the upside is that I'll have no fear of huge gaps anymore haha.

But on a serious note just looking for a little insight before I take the plunge again.

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 2:56 Quote
somismtb wrote:
So I have been struggling with panic attacks and a lot of social anxiety lately.
I was prescribed Xanax for a while and then Klonopin later on.
It has been years since I have been on these meds and since then I have taken up DH.

Is there anyone out there that rides consistently and is on the meds?
Thinking about being on that medication makes me a little leery of how well my motor skills will function
and my ability to properly judge things while riding.

I think the upside is that I'll have no fear of huge gaps anymore haha.

But on a serious note just looking for a little insight before I take the plunge again.

Probably best to ask your doctor.

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 13:30 Quote
http://www.drugs.com/cdi/xanax.html

"Xanax may cause drowsiness, dizziness, light-headedness, or blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Xanax. Using Xanax alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or to perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
Do not drink alcohol while you are using Xanax."

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
somismtb wrote:
So I have been struggling with panic attacks and a lot of social anxiety lately.
I was prescribed Xanax for a while and then Klonopin later on.
It has been years since I have been on these meds and since then I have taken up DH.

Is there anyone out there that rides consistently and is on the meds?
Thinking about being on that medication makes me a little leery of how well my motor skills will function
and my ability to properly judge things while riding.

I think the upside is that I'll have no fear of huge gaps anymore haha.

But on a serious note just looking for a little insight before I take the plunge again.

Probably best to ask your doctor.

Exactly
You want advice on medication, I'd suggest you avoid mountainbike forums

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 3:13 Quote
I'm no doctor, but I like riding on anxiety meds. They take away the fear to do big things for me.

Some of my best riding of all time was when I had a lack of fear and pushed my limits. Sure I got injured more, but I also became a better rider.

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 4:37 Quote
I know this is the opposite direction, but I take time released Ritalin..... Makes riding awesome..... I'm faster, care less and push harder. But because it's an upper not a downer, I react quicker, and therefore wreck less......

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 5:59 Quote
evilazonic666 wrote:
I know this is the opposite direction, but I take time released Ritalin..... Makes riding awesome..... I'm faster, care less and push harder. But because it's an upper not a downer, I react quicker, and therefore wreck less......
I was on something called Vyvance which is also an ADD med

It did all those things mentioned for my riding, but messed me up physically (stomach problems) and mentally in the long run.

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 15:22 Quote
Thanks for the input guys.
I am just worried about being clouded i guess.
I go to the extent of turning off my music when I'm about to bomb the downhill.
The thing is that I ride whenever I can make the excuse to get out and go which is usually before class twice a week since I am out in the area of the trails when I'm out near the college.

I understand that the anxiety meds are going to take away the fear of some things and that kind of scares me and excites me at the same time. Maybe I should be scared to begin with when looking at a 15' drop? We'll see how it works out.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
When I traveled to Asia a few months ago, I had the chance to bring a pack of Kratom back home. The native people told me that it helps cure mental diseases which don't allow you to be happy. In other words, this plant is making you happy. Let me tell you - I was feeling myself like I never did before. There wasn't any sign of sadness, I even forgot about this term. I had the chance to buy from the best vendor and I felt the best you can take from this plant. Of course, I wanted more of that but when the hell will I go back to Asia? Not soon I guess. Yesterday I ordered Kratom from an online vendor. Although I have been reading on https://www.lpath.com/best-kratom-vendors/ that there aren't many good vendors - hope I found a good one.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 20:37 Quote
I live in colorado and can smoke weed. I just smoke a joint and go fast f*ck it!

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 23:20 Quote
Alrex wrote:
I'm no doctor, but I like riding on anxiety meds. They take away the fear to do big things for me.

Some of my best riding of all time was when I had a lack of fear and pushed my limits. Sure I got injured more, but I also became a better rider.

I am no doctor, but I do not like to take meds at all. My kidneys are happy with that decision as well.

(used too many drugs in my teen years trying to recover from that, XTC, cocaine, speed, daily smoke 5 gram of weed at least, shrooms)

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
There are so many variables to the effects any medication has from one
individual to the next, Dosage, ingredients, type of medication, diet, life style,
other health conditions, age, fitness, allergies, enviornment etc

Asking "Is there anyone out there that rides consistently and is on the meds"
the answer will be Yes, but as stated above it will depend highly on so many factors
to allow this to be consistent with such individual, is it advised, by default No.

Your body is unique to you, and to better understand how any medication will affect you,
will be by a Doctors expertise, evaluation and assessment, even then,
a doctor will not know the full affects and will need to monitor you over a period of time to
assess those affects.

However, you could take someone on a bike forums say so, that they are good with there type
of medication and apply it to your situation and go for it, only you will learn the effects and
outcome for certainty, and know of the cosequences whether good or bad,
just don't put others at risk should you decide to go it on your own judgment.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
There are so many variables to the effects any medication has from one
individual to the next, Dosage, ingredients, type of medication, diet, life style,
other health conditions, age, fitness, allergies, enviornment etc

Asking "Is there anyone out there that rides consistently and is on the meds"
the answer will be Yes, but as stated above it will depend highly on so many factors
to allow this to be consistent with such individual, is it advised, by default No.

Your body is unique to you, and to better understand how any medication will affect you,
will be by a Doctors expertise, evaluation and assessment, even then,
a doctor will not know the full affects and will need to monitor you over a period of time to
assess those affects.

However, you could take someone on a bike forums say so, that they are good with there type
of medication and apply it to your situation and go for it, only you will learn the effects and
outcome for certainty, and know of the cosequences whether good or bad,
just don't put others at risk should you decide to go it on your own judgment.

Nicely said. Agree with you totally on this.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
I live in colorado and can smoke weed. I just smoke a joint and go fast f*ck it!

Lol.....you guys just THINK you’re going fast as f*ck :lol

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 21:35 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Beecee336 wrote:
I live in colorado and can smoke weed. I just smoke a joint and go fast f*ck it!

Lol.....you guys just THINK you’re going fast as f*ck :lol

Haha maybe! Everything blurs by either way.. that and a lack of oxygen at elevation.

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009570
Mobile Version of Website