Canfield Brothers Jedi.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canfield Brothers Jedi.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 14:08 Quote
Hi. What you guys think of the 2014 Jedi? Also the limited edition DVO emerald package is it worth the bang?

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 5:33 Quote
Canfield brothers are the best company to deal with bar none. I've been riding a 2008 lucky for years and have ridden a 2011 Jedi and they are amazing bikes to ride, super stable and responsive.

Speak to Sean Gollub at Canfield brothers and he will help you out with anything you want to know and their aftersales is solid as well.

Ok I'm biased through experience, but pretty much anyone who has ridden their bikes or ordered from Canfield will tell you the same. Top quality company, bikes and people.

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 3:02 Quote
Yes. I'm somehow already make up my mind to get the Jedi but not sure with the DVO Emerald package or frame only and build the full bike. So any recommendation on the components specs?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 10:40 Quote
qilun wrote:
Yes. I'm somehow already make up my mind to get the Jedi but not sure with the DVO Emerald package or frame only and build the full bike. So any recommendation on the components specs?

Id get the jedi and Marz 380 package that fork is 6.02 pounds and plush compared to a 7.5lb emerald

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 17:03 Quote
With owning multiple Canfield bikes, I can also vouch for their worthiness to be considered the benchmark for other bike manufacturers to look up to. They are a small company but that is where they excel. You don't have to bounced from person to person to get something taken care or have questions answered. Anyone you talk to there can take care of anything you need. After riding my 2011 the ONE for trial/xc/DH for several years, I felt it was time to build a dedicated DH bike so I ordered a 2014 Jedi! All the parts are bought and here, just waiting on my frame and Canfield cranks to show up next week or so. Building it with Zee shifter/derailleur and Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo fork. Gunna be sweet, can't wait to start building it up!

Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 17:11 Quote
rsullivan wrote:
With owning multiple Canfield bikes, I can also vouch for their worthiness to be considered the benchmark for other bike manufacturers to look up to. They are a small company but that is where they excel. You don't have to bounced from person to person to get something taken care or have questions answered. Anyone you talk to there can take care of anything you need. After riding my 2011 the ONE for trial/xc/DH for several years, I felt it was time to build a dedicated DH bike so I ordered a 2014 Jedi! All the parts are bought and here, just waiting on my frame and Canfield cranks to show up next week or so. Building it with Zee shifter/derailleur and Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo fork. Gunna be sweet, can't wait to start building it up!
Hi RSullivan,
How's the Marzocchi 380 C2R2 compare to 888? Is the a reason why you getting the 888 and not the 380?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 17:20 Quote
qilun wrote:
rsullivan wrote:
Hi RSullivan,
How's the Marzocchi 380 C2R2 compare to 888? Is the a reason why you getting the 888 and not the 380?

Mainly it was cost... Since I was building a complete bike from ground up had to look at total funds... I have already tuned the fork for my weight and riding style, so we will see how it goes... If it don't feel right will probably change it up next season for something different.

Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
rsullivan wrote:
qilun wrote:
rsullivan wrote:
Hi RSullivan,

Mainly it was cost... Since I was building a complete bike from ground up had to look at total funds... I have already tuned the fork for my weight and riding style, so we will see how it goes... If it don't feel right will probably change it up next season for something different.
Shimano Zee is sick, I'll be looking into it as well. So you didn't get the Marzocchi Package from Canfield with your frame? I saw their package we can chose between the 380 and 888 and they are selling it same price. Even the DVO Emerald also same price for 4.3k. Or did you get a better price for the 888 on your own?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 17:39 Quote
you can find the 888 rc3 v2's for super cheap. Mint used ones go for like 400

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 17:48 Quote
qilun wrote:
rsullivan wrote:
qilun wrote:

Hi RSullivan,

Shimano Zee is sick, I'll be looking into it as well. So you didn't get the Marzocchi Package from Canfield with your frame? I saw their package we can chose between the 380 and 888 and they are selling it same price. Even the DVO Emerald also same price for 4.3k. Or did you get a better price for the 888 on your own?

I did get the frame and fork thru Canfield. But being that I am under a grassroots program with them, cost was a little different. If I would have ordered the package deal then it probably have gotten the 380 C2R2 fork. I like the sleeker look to that fork a little better but with the Tune adjustments made I feel the 888 will be fine for this season.

Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 18:48 Quote
How bout the DVO fork? Any comments or review from you guys out there? Is it a better fork compare to the big boys out there?

Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
qilun wrote:
I saw their package we can chose between the 380 and 888 and they are selling it same price. Even the DVO Emerald also same price for 4.3k. Or did you get a better price for the 888 on your own?

The Jedi 380 package is $4400 while the Jedi 888 RC3 package is $3900. The 888RC3 is by far the best fork on the market in this price range, ($999 retail). We are in a great season where we have solid fork options this year. Marz is back, DVO's have hit the warehouse, Boxxers and Fox's are always solid and Suntour is going momentum.

Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 21:08 Quote
yellowchameleon wrote:
Canfield brothers are the best company to deal with bar none. I've been riding a 2008 lucky for years and have ridden a 2011 Jedi and they are amazing bikes to ride, super stable and responsive.

Speak to Sean Gollub at Canfield brothers and he will help you out with anything you want to know and their aftersales is solid as well.

Ok I'm biased through experience, but pretty much anyone who has ridden their bikes or ordered from Canfield will tell you the same. Top quality company, bikes and people.

Thanks man! Customers like you are the REASON why we are here! All four of us in the company are super passionate riders that push products boundaries because we want better products for ourselves. We are stoked we have a passionate customer base that feels the same way we do!

Posted: Feb 28, 2014 at 3:11 Quote
CanfieldBrothers wrote:
qilun wrote:
I saw their package we can chose between the 380 and 888 and they are selling it same price. Even the DVO Emerald also same price for 4.3k. Or did you get a better price for the 888 on your own?

The Jedi 380 package is $4300 while the Jedi 888 RC3 package is $3800. The 888RC3 is by far the best fork on the market in this price range, ($999 retail). We are in a great season where we have solid fork options this year. Marz is back, DVO's have hit the warehouse, Boxxers and Fox's are always solid and Suntour is going momentum.
Hi guys,
Cheers for the clarification. My bad, I tot the 888RC3 is selling at the same price. Yup, I've chk with Vin thru email and if the LE DVO package is out of stock by time I order, I'll go for the 888RC3 then.
You guys are really amazing in service, all my inquiries have been answered promptly by you guys! Fantastic!

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 10:18 Quote
Hi guys. Any issue regarding assembling the bike with the idler pulley? I am not sure if my LBS hv any problem assembling it. Will my LBS mech be having problems assembling the bike if they never assemble a Jedi or any idler pulley frame before?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015644
Mobile Version of Website