Indoor Training

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
So I'm looking for an indoor bike trainer. My dad would also use it and we both plan on using different bikes for it. From what I understand a stationary bike trainer like this requires a specific rear axle. The bikes we would use have different sized axles. Would I be better off getting a roller style trainer or is there something else that would work with different kinds of bikes?

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 12:36 Quote
I have a tacx satori which comes with the axle spindle, so can just be swapped between bikes as and when required.

However i cannot comment on the one in the link provided

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 14:52 Quote
Will the provided axle fit different sized rear axle dropouts or thru axle threads or does it have to be a specific size?

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 15:12 Quote
Tbh i could only take a guess that it would but not sure mate. I have mine permanently set up on a very old bike so since fitting i havent looked at it

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 20:24 Quote
I have a pair of Kreitler rollers. They're great for developing fine balance. They also keep you more entertained than just trainers.

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 20:40 Quote
I have a trainer similar to the one you linked. Mine only fits on a bike with a 9mm qr rear wheel. So it only fit's on my wife's bike. I tried rollers but they were too short for the wheelbase of all of my bikes. So just make sure if you get rollers that the front roller can be extended far enough forward to fit your bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011218
Mobile Version of Website