X Fusion Metric

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 9:47 Quote
Got my new X Fusion Metric a little while back. Just waiting to build up an Xprezo Adhoc 650b. The fork is set up at 180mm travel right now but I'm going to lower it to 160. Comes with carbon fork guards, a 20mm axle (yes!), 4 sets of decals, and air bleed valves like a moto fork. I have yet to ride it but I have owned a Vengeance before and it has the same features. I loved the Vengeance so needless to say I am very stoked!

2014 X Fusion Metric

2014 X Fusion Metric - air bleed screws

Got this baby too, an XF Strate direct route post.

X Fusion strate

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 9:12 Quote
WayneParsons wrote:
Got my new X Fusion Metric a little while back. Just waiting to build up an Xprezo Adhoc 650b. The fork is set up at 180mm travel right now but I'm going to lower it to 160. Comes with carbon fork guards, a 20mm axle (yes!), 4 sets of decals, and air bleed valves like a moto fork. I have yet to ride it but I have owned a Vengeance before and it has the same features. I loved the Vengeance so needless to say I am very stoked!

2014 X Fusion Metric

2014 X Fusion Metric - air bleed screws

Got this baby too, an XF Strate direct route post.

X Fusion strate

Looks f*cking sick bro! Have fun!

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 22:38 Quote
Are you saying this is 180mm single crown fork??
Interesting since marzocchi and rockshox dropped their 180mm SC.

Will you let us know the performance.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 7:17 Quote
I never bought it because its got 180mm of travel, I bought it because of the chassis stiffness and the damping... which is basically unmatched anywhere else. I will be racing some enduro events and I wanted a more stout fork.

The fork is internally adjustable down to 160mm which is what I will do.

For a bigger fork it is very light at a hair under 5lbs.

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 7:30 Quote
Its okay.
I know how good the vengeance are. I am talking about the old one with 160mm.
just wondering how this matrix perform.

if its better small bump than lyrik rc2dh I will consider it. Love the lyrik but its small bump its like a night and day compare to marzocchi rc3ti.

I am just looking for 170mm fork that have good small bump and takes a bigger hits with no problems.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 8:41 Quote
I think the Vengeance is being phased out.

I have owned a 2010 model Vengeance. Coming from a Fox Float 36 at the time, the Vengeance was a big step up in performance. having being a dirtbike racer at the time, I was used to how good and suspension was. What I found with the XF suspension front and rear was that you could tune it in the same way as MX suspension. That was pretty much unheard of in the mtb world. Also the internals are all machined aluminum, no plastic bits to break.

I could be wrong on this but I think the XF uses a lower pressure/larger volume air canister so it allows for more fine tuning. I'm not sure if that makes sense but in my mind it does! hahaha

So that tunability translates to great small bump sensitivity while maintaining a progressive spring rate. I like very progressive suspension that doesn't dive and this is where XF shines.

Nit to mention its way less expensive! Win all around.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 at 9:53 Quote
I'm 5 rides in on the Metric so far and I am totally impressed. I am pretty picky when it comes to suspension and this fork is amazing. I like my fork really supple off the beginning stroke then get really progressive towards the end. That's the word that best describes the Metric: Progressive. All the small trail chatter is smoothed out but it takes bigger hits AND doesn't dive under braking. Seriously, each click of compression and rebound is noticeable.

2014 Xprezo Adhoc custom build

Posted: May 1, 2014 at 13:44 Quote
Gaaaa, been trying to find one of these for a month now. Who/where did you get yours from?

O+
Posted: May 1, 2014 at 16:48 Quote
Canadian distributor, Renegade Cycle Solutions. www.r-c-s.ca

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 15:09 Quote
Any updates on feel/reliability? Or even *shock* comparison to any other forks - pike/bos?
Looking at getting one - they look sweet!

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 18:58 Quote
Ride quality is as good as the best forks on the market, and much better than other forks costing more. Small bump sensitivity is excellent while the end stroke is very progressive. I have yet to bottom it. The chassis is super stiff, much like a dh fork but it only weighs 5lbs. I have two months of riding almost everyday and there hasn't been one issue yet. Go buy one you will be happy you did.

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 at 13:22 Quote
Funny how you describe these as your ideal forks and come from a dirtbike background as I do. Sounds like the issues you've had with mtb suspension are the same as mine. I can't seem to find a fork that ramps up enough as l'm already running everything way stiffer than manufacturer suggested settings just to stop the entire bike bottoming out on medium hits. Problem then of course is virtually no small bump sensitivity. I presume these forks are a taper headtube only as I still have 1"1/8th headtube on my Norco. Probably going to be looking at upgrading to a more modern set up in next couple of years. So will keep my eyes peeled and try and get a go on a bike with these forks in. Do the x fusion shocks ramp up in a similar way aswell?

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
That's the main reason why I like them - the progressiveness of the travel. Small bump compliance with the low speed compression backed all the way off is super sensitive. Yet I have not bottomed out the fork yet. Its very plush through the first few inches of travel then ramps up quite nicely to the end stroke where it stays riding high in its travel.

I have always run my forks like that, no matter if it was on my moto or on my mtb. On my moto I would run lightweight pressure springs and a slightly higher oil level to keep the fork supple off the start yet get progressive as it goes through its travel.

The Metric is the first mtb fork I've used or owned that does this so well. There is nothing linear about it at all.

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 5:11 Quote
Sweet - thanks for the answer, about to push the button - it definitely trumps the other options imho Big Grin One final question: why did you get the metric to replace the vengeance? (There is a fair bit of price difference over here in the uk "/) Thanks!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019547
Mobile Version of Website