Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 20:15 Quote
wonderful! have been waiting for the shipping/trade sort options for a while... being able to set a larger price bracket and sort by price low to high/high to low would be great too, and being able to use hyphens to search for something -minus such a word

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
I don't like it at all. To complicated the old way was more simpler. Can't even go to the Provence I want now

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 21:02 Quote
blarg123 wrote:
I don't like it at all. To complicated the old way was more simpler. Can't even go to the Provence I want now

Click country, select province and or city.

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 22:01 Quote
I like it except i can't seem to change my location, it has me in the wrong spot, plus if im travelling to a specific place i can take a look there.

I guess for this reason i prefer the old set up, but that might just be because i hate change and am a jerk.

EDIT: YOU CAN IGNORE ME I JUST FIGURED THE MAP OUT

DOUBLE EDIT: WELL DONE!

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 22:02 Quote
Thanks for adding the symbols to the search, I did the 1 1/8" and it worked!!!

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 22:26 Quote
dannyboy34 wrote:
I like it except i can't seem to change my location, it has me in the wrong spot, plus if im travelling to a specific place i can take a look there.

I guess for this reason i prefer the old set up, but that might just be because i hate change and am a jerk.

EDIT: YOU CAN IGNORE ME I JUST FIGURED THE MAP OUT

DOUBLE EDIT: WELL DONE!

On your profile if you actually put in your location it will use that as your starting location. If you did not specify it will try to guess from your ip address, but that is not always accurate.

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 22:35 Quote
Why the heck do you have to press the 'back' button ten times after you've scrolled through all of the photos for an ad? This seems archaic, and I'm surprised that this still isn't fixed in this new format.

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 22:37 Quote
volorney wrote:
Why the heck do you have to press the 'back' button ten times after you've scrolled through all of the photos for an ad? This seems archaic, and I'm surprised that this still isn't fixed in this new format.

so you can give each image an individual page and url i believe. i think if you click left after going through all of the images for an ad it will loop back to the ad anyways.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 0:07 Quote
i was coming here to say that all it needed was the ability to search individual cities, then i read you could.

great job pinkbike, love you.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 0:11 Quote
gclarida wrote:
i was doing here to say that all it needed was the ability to search individual cities, then i read you could.

great job pink bike, love you.

We always and still do have the individual cities. The big change that we did in regards was the DISTANCE search. So before if you were in a metro where within 50 miles you could have 10 different cities you had to individually look for stuff in each city. Now in the DISTANCE mode you just select your location and encompass and area up to 150 miles and the search will return items from all the cities in that area.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 0:25 Quote
I personally still don't like it. I like the old set up better. It was a lot easier to use.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 0:32 Quote
blarg123 wrote:
I personally still don't like it. I like the old set up better. It was a lot easier to use.

A lot Easier how?

I believe as far as the first page it's EXACTLY the same. You have a list of categories and the counts beside them. You click on one, you see results.

Only now you have additional options on the side that you can filter results by. You dont need to use or look at them and your experience is the same as before.

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 0:32 Quote
Ugh i go to country and pick canada then Albert then Calagry and it still goes to adds in bc, Quebec and all over the place. And I normally like to go to canada then Alberta and search Alberta and I can't even do that without getting twice as many ads from all over canada! Madder

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 0:36 Quote
Plus I don't really like change all that much cuz then we have to adapt to something we had all figured out before. Maybe I'm just a complainer but thumbs down to the updated site.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 0:37 Quote
blarg123 wrote:
Ugh i go to country and pick canada then Albert then Calagry and it still goes to adds in bc, Quebec and all over the place. And I normally like to go to canada then Alberta and search Alberta and I can't even do that without getting twice as many ads from all over canada! Madder

When you go to calgary alberta you get this page.. https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/listnew/?location=35-1-2

Only ads from calgary.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012127
Mobile Version of Website