Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 14:41 Quote
I think there could be one of two features. Often, I see a shop or maybe someone from a shop posting a bunch of items for sale. Today I did a search and the first 2-3 pages were from the same user.

One solution for this I think would be to create some field to indicate if the seller is a vendor. That way I can exclude them from my searches if I'm not interested.

OR

Another solution would be the option for me to hide certain people. If I decide I don't want to see the items they have for sale, then it would be nice to not have to scan through them. Especially given the alerts you get that your item has not sold in the past few days.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
How about changing the coding for the 'back' button, now when I check out an ad with a few pictures I have to keep clicking back through all the pictures to get back to the ad/search/category. Would be much better if 'back' took you out of the pictures and back to ads. (similar to how Kijiji does things)

I second adding fat bike, commuter, cx, categories for frames and bikes.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 16:38 Quote
Would also like to see a mandatory requirement to post serial numbers with bikes/frames to limit reselling stolen property. There's currently a petition going around to have this added to Craigslist and Ebay listings.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2014 at 8:38 Quote
wyldkat wrote:
Would also like to see a mandatory requirement to post serial numbers with bikes/frames to limit reselling stolen property. There's currently a petition going around to have this added to Craigslist and Ebay listings.

Except then people can file false police reports claiming they are the owners, and that you're selling their stolen goods. Unlike cars/motorcycles... there's no registration and licensing with bicycles when you buy them run by governments, to prove ownership.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 11:13 Quote
The buysell needs to replace the XC/AM bikes with "full suspension bikes" and "hardtail bikes" and also do the same with the frames

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 11:56 Quote
There also needs to eliminate the 29er sub-sections, kinda pointless when you can select a wheel size when posting a bike, or fork, or tire, or wheel, or frame. Otherwise they should add 650B sub-sections also. They added fat bike sub-sections now also but nobody seems to have realized it (I only just saw it a few mins ago) and are just listing their fat stuff in whatever section its for with "fat" in the title.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
how about fixed gear / cross bikes?

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 5:02 Quote
So apparently pinkbike has removed the numbers in peoples adds. So no one can text you or phone you about something your selling. Holy shit stop messing around with site so much. Nothing was won't with it to begin with. If it's not broke don't fix it....

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 5:17 Quote
They did that because of the wasted time problem for staff of dealing with scammers and hand-holding the buyers AFTERWARDS because of how many people who put phone #s who then lacked basic internet common sense and fell for the scams. Pinkbike mods are unpaid and have jobs/lives outside this place and there's only so much time in a day they can devote to dealing with buysell section complaints from folks scammed even though a link to a buysell safety tips posting is available right there on the buysell section main screen. You want to list your things with a phone # still, go post on kijiji still, or put the # in the item description.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 5:56 Quote
Either way it's frustrating. The fact that pinkbike removed all numbers that are legit because a few retards got scammed due to there lack of comon sense. Now we all suffer... f*ck man there's not very many street smart/ smart/ honest people in the world today. There's been the same individual messaging me about my bikes for sale and the message context is really sketchy, "not to mention I don't care if your a supposed marine away over seas and it's ur daughters birthday, I'm not shipping and I made that very clear in my adds" .. I can kinda see where their coming from. But come on. If people are getting scammed because they failed to make a smart choice regarding there items for sale, boot em off pinkbike, same with the people who don't respect the add specification.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 6:06 Quote
Why? Why do you suffer ? You don't think scammers will bother to phone ? Obviously you're not a home owner or renter with your own landline, or you're never home to answer calls from telemarketers.

Its the 21st century... E-commerce no longer requires phone #s to function. I've sold 5 figures worth of bike parts on ebay in the past year and not once have I required to speak to any buyer. I've had to speak to ebay staff themselves a few times but that didn't require me to have a phone # in my listing to do so. If you don't have the common sense yourself to NOT realize that your messages have been from scammers, well... you already suggested what should be done about it.

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 9:17 Quote
blarg123 wrote:
So apparently pinkbike has removed the numbers in peoples adds. So no one can text you or phone you about something your selling. Holy shit stop messing around with site so much. Nothing was won't with it to begin with. If it's not broke don't fix it....

It's fixed now. Added some filtering that only logged in users can see them and also so a person can't harvest 100s of numbers and use them for bad things.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 17:58 Quote
eoin-j wrote:
The buysell needs to replace the XC/AM bikes with "full suspension bikes" and "hardtail bikes" and also do the same with the frames
THIS!!!

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 17:58 Quote
deeeight wrote:
There also needs to eliminate the 29er sub-sections, kinda pointless when you can select a wheel size when posting a bike, or fork, or tire, or wheel, or frame. Otherwise they should add 650B sub-sections also. They added fat bike sub-sections now also but nobody seems to have realized it (I only just saw it a few mins ago) and are just listing their fat stuff in whatever section its for with "fat" in the title.
AND THIS!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.151781
Mobile Version of Website