Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 1:23 Quote
beansman wrote:
Hi,

After Brexit, it would be perfect to be able to remove UK from Europe, as the tax put on a sale will be pretty large.

So separate Europe and Brexit countries.

/Niels

You can already do this on the desktop version...

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
beansman wrote:
Hi,

After Brexit, it would be perfect to be able to remove UK from Europe, as the tax put on a sale will be pretty large.

So separate Europe and Brexit countries.

/Niels

You can already do this on the desktop version...
I can choose UK alone, yes - but I can't choose "Europe, except UK" - then i have to pick all the countries i EU one by one.
Or am i missing a setting?

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
Ah ok...i see what you mean

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
I suspect it's already been requested and maybe discussed at length, but a buy/sell "reputation" score would be awesome! I generally look at user account creation date as a rough gauge, but even a simple thumbs up or down with a counter would be immensely more helpful. Though, I guess I don't know how you'd keep it from being spoofed?

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
davidpick wrote:
I suspect it's already been requested and maybe discussed at length, but a buy/sell "reputation" score would be awesome! I generally look at user account creation date as a rough gauge, but even a simple thumbs up or down with a counter would be immensely more helpful. Though, I guess I don't know how you'd keep it from being spoofed?

I agree. It's hard to know who you're dealing with sometimes, and while it most certainly would need validation, a feature like this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
It's been mentioned by ex-mods before. Scammers could use alternate accounts to give fake feedback on old ads to look trustworthy. I'm sure there could be a way to prevent that from happening, and agree that a reputation/scored based feedback system would work and help, but only the developers would know how to do it properly without any flaws in the system.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
davidpick wrote:

Was thinking about this earlier. Maybe the developers could create a conformation process to stop fake feedback on scam accounts so people can't leave false feedback.

Just and idea.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
I would support a buy sell feedback, one way you could have it authentic is have both the buyer and seller click a confirmation button which simply is an agreement a deal has been closed, and now both parties can give feedback scores to each other.

I think the biggest issue for both buyers and sellers is extortion. This is where buyers will say give me half price, free parts, etc... Or I will give you a 1 star rating. Or where sellers say give me a high rating, accept damaged goods, etc.. Or I will leave negative feedback on your account and call you a scammer. These cases can be complicated and totally justified, or borderline theft... Sometimes people make up damages for discounts, sometimes they are asking for a totally reasonable settlement for unlisted damage/wrong measurements etc. I think there should just be a "report extortion rating" button and then a mod can step in and judge whether the the demand is fair or whether the feedback score is extortion.

Another issue might be impulse ratings. Sometimes people give feedback way too fast. I think being able to edit feedback once or twice is a good idea overall.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 12:43 Quote
Is notification ever coming to saved searches?

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 18:31 Quote
Any ideas to stop random bikes ending up listing in the Trials section? I get the confusion with road bikes or 'time trial' bikes, but there are a couple of mountain bikes listed there... maybe people misread the category as 'Trail' Bikes?

Maybe rename the section to "Trials & Street Bikes" or something more specific so less road bikes get posted?

Regardless, would be helpful if some of these listings were moved around. Over half of the listings right now aren't trials bikes.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
why does it say my bike is sold when it is not?

Mod Plus
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
hmrca wrote:
why does it say my bike is sold when it is not?
You might have accidentally clicked the "mark sold" button, you can click "mark for sale" to make the listing active.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 9:48 Quote
Hello! I am looking for 2 XC mountain bikes 29". Frame size "S" and "M". Dual suspension. Would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
e3TglM wrote:
Hello! I am looking for 2 XC mountain bikes 29". Frame size "S" and "M". Dual suspension. Would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

Have you tried the filters?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 20:59 Quote
Anyone think it would be a good idea to be able to see only bikes that have been marked as sold as a specific filter. Would make it easier to see what bikes are coming and how frequently as well as the price. Handy feature for both buyers getting a sense of the market and what a good deal is as well as sellers trying thinking of what to post their bike at. Other sites like Ebay have these features.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006317
Mobile Version of Website