1998 FSR Elite "Max Backbone" -Rebuild-

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
1998 FSR Elite "Max Backbone" -Rebuild-
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 21:34 Quote
**Edited 7/2/2017 to fix the missing pics.**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stock bike, pic from seller.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tore down to the frame, except the crank so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bought a 2001 Enduro frame to steal the linkage and disc brake seatstay with cartridge bearings at all the pivot points.
Pic from the seller.

Test fitting the disc seatstay then linkage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suspension done, rear wheel travel 130mm, front travel 110-150mm.

Fox Vanilla R, 6.75 x 1.75".

RockShox Sektor 150mm dual position coil (converted to U-turn coil).

Some random close up pics.

BETD needle bearing main pivot bearing (swingarm).

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 21:43 Quote
Finished for now.Smile **Edited to replace photos on 7/2/2017**

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 at 23:50 Quote
Nicely done! Looks great!

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 22:43 Quote
I appreciate it man!! Can't wait to do some real trail riding with it!

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
i dont usually like modern builds on 90's frames, it just seems pointless somehow... but i must say, that is absolutely stunning!!! :Cool :

you might wanna hack that steerer tube down a bit though Wink

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 23:01 Quote
Thanks Sean, I have another FSR Ground Control that is pretty much period correct.
I got a little overly cautious with the steerer tube, but it will be cut down soon. Thanks again!

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 4:12 Quote
CrowMan741 wrote:
Thanks Sean, I have another FSR Ground Control that is pretty much period correct.
I got a little overly cautious with the steerer tube, but it will be cut down soon. Thanks again!

Its in such tidy condition as well. I did have an original fsr five years ago. Was a nice looking bike but not as neat as yours

Sean

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 11:57 Quote
FSR Expert, sweet! That was a good looking bike.

In '99 (I have a spare '99 FSR Sport frame) they started using those big stickers on the frames, I much preferred the
clear coated graphics of the '98's.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 18:11 Quote
Looks great. I just got a 99 FSR comp. How similar was that to the Elite? This is my first bike :Cool :

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 15:05 Quote
Crashley47 wrote:
Looks great. I just got a 99 FSR comp. How similar was that to the Elite? This is my first bike :Cool :

Hey, different frame construction and geometry than the Elite, the '99 FSR Comp has the same frame as the blue bike
posted above with different components.
I've owned a '98 FSR Ground Control since 1998 when I bought one new, it also has the same type frame as your Comp.
Of course, in my opinion these are great full squish bikes, fully active 4-bar rear suspension and handle great!

Congrats on yours, and I hope you have as much fun with it as I do mine! Smile

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 18:24 Quote
A few cell phone pics from one of the local mountain bike trails.

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 15:10 Quote
Funny I was going through some research and found the picture of the specialized enduro the blue one ,you got it from ebay I sold to you. Smile

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 6:09 Quote
Any updates? Love this bike it looks awesome Smile

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.070201
Mobile Version of Website