Seattle riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
Seattle riders
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
Haven't been on pinkbike in a long time but hopefully it can help me find some people to ride with. Just moved to Seattle and don't know where to ride. Found duthie it's pretty fun but kinda slow and flat, shoulda brought the hard tail I guess or maybe I was just riding the wrong trails. Dh is my first love but I've got a hard tail and a bmx and will shred anything. I'll even pretend my flatline is a xc bike to get me to the top if it's gonna pay off at the end. So question is where are the fast dh trails and who wants to go shred with me?

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 16:03 Quote
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
Haven't been on pinkbike in a long time but hopefully it can help me find some people to ride with. Just moved to Seattle and don't know where to ride. Found duthie it's pretty fun but kinda slow and flat, shoulda brought the hard tail I guess or maybe I was just riding the wrong trails. Dh is my first love but I've got a hard tail and a bmx and will shred anything. I'll even pretend my flatline is a xc bike to get me to the top if it's gonna pay off at the end. So question is where are the fast dh trails and who wants to go shred with me?

Head up to Exit 27 you will get allot more elevation change. There is a good mix of freeride and downhill up there. Duthie is a great place to ride after work to get some laps in but as you said its pretty flat.

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 17:38 Quote
Ive heard of exit 27. Is it pretty a pretty straight forward easy to find trail/trailhead? I heard it's not technically a legal trail so there's probably no signs? Do a lot of people ride up there? Don't wanna go get lost wandering around in the woods looking for trails is all.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 10:44 Quote
Yeah it is pretty straight forward, head off the freeway take a right and you will see the gravel service road. It's a bit of a hike but definitely worth it. I am sure there is a trail map somewhere on the web

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 22:38 Quote
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
Ive heard of exit 27. Is it pretty a pretty straight forward easy to find trail/trailhead? I heard it's not technically a legal trail so there's probably no signs? Do a lot of people ride up there? Don't wanna go get lost wandering around in the woods looking for trails is all.

I'd go hit it up with you man I have been trying to find an excuse to go up there. But for the most part I am a solo rider as well. Only tricky part is I have two kids and not a lot of time so I do most of my riding during the week days Mondays are my best days, if that sounds cool PM me and we can hook it up. Cheers ~ E

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 15:19 Quote
Do you have a truck to shuttle? I have a few spots and some more shuttle trails in the works. What city are you in?

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 15:49 Quote
Rider656 wrote:
Do you have a truck to shuttle? I have a few spots and some more shuttle trails in the works. What city are you in?

I have a 92 Nissan 4x4 small rig but it works. I can figure something out as far as padding. I'm in Edmonds , Actually probably going to go run out to Tiger tomorrow for some hardtail action around 2-3 if anyone wants to join. maybe jam over to the 27 for a run there as well.

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
Rider656 wrote:

I have a xterra. And i only got a 2 bike rack but ill strap bikes to the roof or throw bikes inside to fit more. I also have a shovel and will gladly help dig. I live in lynnwood.

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Rider656 wrote:

I have a 92 Nissan 4x4 small rig but it works. I can figure something out as far as padding. I'm in Edmonds , Actually probably going to go run out to Tiger tomorrow for some hardtail action around 2-3 if anyone wants to join. maybe jam over to the 27 for a run there as well.

I have to work tomorrow but im probably gonna ride 27 sunday

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 21:06 Quote
I'm riding tomorrow in the AM. Can't ride afternoon or Sunday. Maybe next week. Email me if you like the location of the new shuttle trial 3 min DH 405 and 5. It needs digging and time but could be sweet and local for us.

Posted: May 8, 2014 at 21:17 Quote
Join my new group NW DH riders on yahoo groups.

Posted: May 31, 2014 at 23:12 Quote
Hey guys - sorry for asking for Seattle advice here without opening a new topic...

I'll want to bike on Tuesday or Wednesday in or around Seattle this week.. Just 1 day. Basically open for anything..
Problem N°1 I realise is that I give back my rental car Tuesday morning - so need to rely on riding somewhere or public transport (which also takes bikes)...
Even more will need to get a bike first for the day...

As it seems rather complicated without car - I was thinking on getting a dirt bike and shredding 5-6 hours at the I5-Colonnade Park. Good plan?
Any idea where I could get a decent bike for the I5-Park?

As I'm not really on a mtb trip this time, I only have my 5.10 boots, gloves and elbow protectors with me. So a good helmet and knee/shin protectors would be a good addon to a bike too...

Well thanks a lot for any help in advance...

Posted: May 31, 2014 at 23:28 Quote
extremecarver wrote:
Hey guys - sorry for asking for Seattle advice here without opening a new topic...

I'll want to bike on Tuesday or Wednesday in or around Seattle this week.. Just 1 day. Basically open for anything..
Problem N°1 I realise is that I give back my rental car Tuesday morning - so need to rely on riding somewhere or public transport (which also takes bikes)...
Even more will need to get a bike first for the day...

As it seems rather complicated without car - I was thinking on getting a dirt bike and shredding 5-6 hours at the I5-Colonnade Park. Good plan?
Any idea where I could get a decent bike for the I5-Park?

As I'm not really on a mtb trip this time, I only have my 5.10 boots, gloves and elbow protectors with me. So a good helmet and knee/shin protectors would be a good addon to a bike too...

Well thanks a lot for any help in advance...

Yeah Austria! where are you staying? Reason I ask is maybe we could go for a rip. I-5 may get a little old for 5-hours Depending on how early you could get going I might be able to grab you and we could go to the mountains and ride Tiger or something. Depending on where you are staying can determine where to rent a bike.

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 0:01 Quote
Hi Sterlingmagnum - I'm staying in Upper Queen Anne (private place via AirBNB)..
29XX 2nd Avenue North.

You can call me on (+1) 323 762 4977.

Sorry for replying so late. Didn't manage to look up the forum this Morning.
Felix aka extremecarver...

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 5:59 Quote
extremecarver wrote:
Hi Sterlingmagnum - I'm staying in Upper Queen Anne (private place via AirBNB)..
29XX 2nd Avenue North.

You can call me on (+1) 323 762 4977.

Sorry for replying so late. Didn't manage to look up the forum this Morning.
Felix aka extremecarver...

No worries I will shoot you a call a bit later today I have a couple of jobs this morning to jam on ~ Eric AKA SM

Oh and Shops with rentals near Queen Anne might be limited to mountlake cycles which carries mostly Salsa 29ers I think Horse thief's. Which depending on what your used to might be great. (not for the I-5 park but if we are able to jam on some trails)
2223 24th Ave E
Seattle, WA 98112
Phone number (206) 329-7333

Alpine Hut is right on the back side of Queen anne and may still do demos
2215 15th Ave W
Seattle, WA 98119
Phone number (206) 284-3575

Oh or try to call Gerks cycles in Issaquah it is o the way out to Tiger mountain if you like that idea and the have specialized stuff if I am not mistaken.
1875 NW Poplar Way
Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone number (425) 270-3061

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014184
Mobile Version of Website