Seattle riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
Seattle riders
Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 21:46 Quote
boxxerace wrote:
I think you could also find some free campsites down off the Cedar River on the other side of highway 18.
Thanks for the extra info! I was also gonna mention if someone has a spot/area they don't want broadcasted on here, feel free to PM me. I'll happily return the favour if you're ever up in these parts.

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 21:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I was almost going to say it probably doesn't even matter any more with all the homeless tents popping up every where... whose going to say shit at this point? It certainly seems to be a free for all...(not trying to be a dick)

Well, if you are not high on Heroin, it's not official and they'll ticket or arrest you. Wink

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 21:57 Quote
boxxerace wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I was almost going to say it probably doesn't even matter any more with all the homeless tents popping up every where... whose going to say shit at this point? It certainly seems to be a free for all...(not trying to be a dick)

Well, if you are not high on Heroin, it's not official and they'll ticket or arrest you. Wink

well there you have it... a balloon of smack has to be cheaper than a camp site. a bit extreme so...maybe just a black crayon under the eye lids would do the trick.

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 21:57 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I feel ya. The sketch factor has exploded in my town the past half dozen years. Vancouver was nice enough to ship them out during the olympics. Then fentanyl came along. I can only imagine what the stolen bike statistics are these days. Besides having to worry about theft constantly, it's really just the insane amounts of garbage that bothers me. I don't think i'd enjoy camping all year personally. Also i prefer to get a little out from the front country stuff. lol

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 22:02 Quote
fentanyl... harsh.. that stuff sounds downright evil. ugh...well I hope you have a fantastic time down here. I think You'll love Tiger, its really coming along the last few years.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
Just moved back to Seattle and need riding buddies any one wanna show me around?

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 18:57 Quote
We have some really fun beginner/intermediate trails on Vashon Island! It's only a 20 minute ferry boat ride from Seattle and 15 minutes from Tacoma. The trails are well maintained and have good flow.

We have a trail maintenance day on the first Saturday of every month from 10:00am to 2:00pm if anyone wants to come help us dig! We also have a group ride day on the last Saturday of the month at 2:00pm.

Must watch: Transition Bikes Grand Opening Video

https://www.evergreenmtb.org/trails/dockton-forest

Trail map...

Dockton Forest MTB Trail Map

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 12:48 Quote
I’m considering a move up to Seattle. My work has a location there I can transfer to. Wondering what the dirt jump options are close by.

I’ve heard of the I5 collinade, Duthie Hill, and woodland. Any others?

Anything else within a 4-5 hour drive?

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
pressurecooker wrote:
I’m considering a move up to Seattle. My work has a location there I can transfer to. Wondering what the dirt jump options are close by.

4-5 hour drive! a little spot called whistler.. But bellingham has spots, seatac might still have some. All you need to do is find a shop and make friends and keep posting here for more information.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 19:30 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

4-5 hour drive! a little spot called whistler..

Very true! Guess I assume thats a given

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 21:17 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
pressurecooker wrote:

4-5 hour drive! a little spot called whistler.. But bellingham has spots, seatac might still have some. All you need to do is find a shop and make friends and keep posting here for more information.
SeaTac is very much still alive and well. There are tons of spots if you get to know people.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
pressurecooker wrote:

Oh, there are more than a few places. 27 has some very mountain bike type dirt jumps. I think the largest is 45-50' gap jumps, but most are much less than that.

And if you are thinking more DJ that lean towards the vertical almost BMX side of things, there's those as well. There's a DJ park at Greenlake that's open to the public. And if you know the right people and know where to go, there's always the Jungle... ala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkAZUzI0GF4

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:39 Quote
boxxerace wrote:
pressurecooker wrote:

Oh, there are more than a few places. 27 has some very mountain bike type dirt jumps. I think the largest is 45-50' gap jumps, but most are much less than that.

And if you are thinking more DJ that lean towards the vertical almost BMX side of things, there's those as well. There's a DJ park at Greenlake that's open to the public. And if you know the right people and know where to go, there's always the Jungle... ala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkAZUzI0GF4

I typically keep quiet about the Jungle... I know it, but wont ride it for two reasons, it's scary huge and i want to respect the builders. That being said it is less than a mile from my house and it is one of the nicest most beautiful dirt jumps I've ever seen.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 13:21 Quote
Hey guys, I'm trying to put this out there everywhere I can.
Me and my girlfriend's bikes were stolen in Seattle a few days ago. Any help at all in getting them back would be awesome.

2018 XL Specialized Stumpjumper (has custom gold i9/stans flow rims, gold chromag stem)
2016 S Transition Scout (pretty standard, just added an e13 chainguide to the stock build)

If you see them on the trails or for sale somewhere, please let me know. Preferrably through PMs as I'm more likely to see it. Thanks

stolen specialized stumpjumper

stolen transition scout

O+
Posted: May 25, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
komodo1 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm trying to put this out there everywhere I can.
Me and my girlfriend's bikes were stolen in Seattle a few days ago. Any help at all in getting them back would be awesome.

2018 XL Specialized Stumpjumper (has custom gold i9/stans flow rims, gold chromag stem)
2016 S Transition Scout (pretty standard, just added an e13 chainguide to the stock build)

If you see them on the trails or for sale somewhere, please let me know. Preferrably through PMs as I'm more likely to see it. Thanks

Damn... That sucks man. Did you ever hear anything? I was just about to ask how the bike theft is in the Seattle area... But seems like it's gotten worse. I'm moving back after 6 years in FL.

EDIT: removed pictures

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014541
Mobile Version of Website