Fox cable guide thread stripped

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox cable guide thread stripped
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 4:47 Quote
Hello.

I have the thread of my cable guide stripped. I'm sure it is a common problem, so do you have any ideas/solutions?

Thanks

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 6:30 Quote
migkab wrote:
Hello.

I have the thread of my cable guide stripped. I'm sure it is a common problem, so do you have any ideas/solutions?

Thanks

Hi there Big Grin

First off im not sure what you mean by 'cable guide' In what exactly? All i can think of is frame guides for cables or do you mean on one of the levers/shifters?

Usually a stripped thread can be sorted but retapping in the next size up tup Might need drilling first or you could find it the whole thread is gone the tap will run straight through. Of course this means whatever screws into it also needs to be bigger and that may be a problem in itself if you cant make it bigger.

Do you have a pic ?

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 9:09 Quote
Dyna-Ti wrote:
migkab wrote:
Hello.

Thanks

Hi there Big Grin

First off im not sure what you mean by 'cable guide' In what exactly? All i can think of is frame guides for cables or do you mean on one of the levers/shifters?

Usually a stripped thread can be sorted but retapping in the next size up tup Might need drilling first or you could find it the whole thread is gone the tap will run straight through. Of course this means whatever screws into it also needs to be bigger and that may be a problem in itself if you cant make it bigger.

Do you have a pic ?

I am talking about this (the thread on the fork is gone):Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn3.volusion.com/n9g24.e5uwf/v/vspfiles/photos/FoxFactory-Brake-Hose-Guide-1.jpg?1378836204

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 9:38 Quote
Drill it out and tap for the next bolt size up.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009184
Mobile Version of Website