Any way to contact members outside of the PM system?

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Any way to contact members outside of the PM system?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 6:49 Quote
Sorry this is slightly off-topic but there's no 'General Website Queries' section to post it in...

Is there any possible way get a message or email to members outside of the PB PM system? It might sound trivial but I have been trying to purchase a bike from someone on here for a couple of weeks now and they simply aren't replying or even reading my PMs. This could be for a multitude of reasons however it would be good just to be able to blindly send an email out in case they monitor their email more frequently than PMs.

On other forums there is often the option to send an email to the user without knowing their email address, is this possible on PB?

Cheers
Veero

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
veero wrote:
Sorry this is slightly off-topic but there's no 'General Website Queries' section to post it in...

Is there any possible way get a message or email to members outside of the PB PM system? It might sound trivial but I have been trying to purchase a bike from someone on here for a couple of weeks now and they simply aren't replying or even reading my PMs. This could be for a multitude of reasons however it would be good just to be able to blindly send an email out in case they monitor their email more frequently than PMs.

On other forums there is often the option to send an email to the user without knowing their email address, is this possible on PB?

Cheers
Veero

When you send them a PM it sends them an email. There are many reasons why some one would not reply.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 0:05 Quote
I had forgotten about the feature whereby you are sent an email with each PM, I have disabled it on my account though.

True there could be lots of reasons, just really frustrating, he's trying to sell a bike and I've got the money burning a massive hole in my pocket...Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 23:56 Quote
Hey there,

sorry for bringing this up again, but my question kinda fits in here:

when I send my e-mail address to another member via PM, will the message be deleted?

Just asking because I did so yesterday evening (paypal-address for a purchase), and since I got no answer I looked at the conversation again this morning and my message wasn't there anymore.
So I thought maybe pinbike doesn't like members to share e-mail addresses?

Cheers,
Chris

Mod O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 3:11 Quote
black-panther wrote:
Hey there,

sorry for bringing this up again, but my question kinda fits in here:

when I send my e-mail address to another member via PM, will the message be deleted?

Just asking because I did so yesterday evening (paypal-address for a purchase), and since I got no answer I looked at the conversation again this morning and my message wasn't there anymore.
So I thought maybe pinbike doesn't like members to share e-mail addresses?

Cheers,
Chris

You can send basically anything you want via PM. As far as I can see you still have sent PM's in your inbox, if its the one with your paypal info, I have no clue.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 5:04 Quote
Hi,
I've sent it again this morning, this time it's still there...
We'll see, thanks anyway!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007398
Mobile Version of Website