General Games & Hardware Discussion

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
General Games & Hardware Discussion
Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
This thread has been created for general games and hardware discussion. Technology, video games, board games even, hell I don't care.

Follow rules of being respectful, and we will keep this thread going as long as it can. If it gets out of hand I'll ensure that it gets put back on track.

I am an IT professional, and have been dealing with computers for the better part of 10 years, and gaming since I was 10 years old. I suck at bikes though Frown . Still I think that Pinkbike needs this. I tend to spark conversations about the vidya and technology in Aldaraan places. Yeah I said it.

KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE AND THUMPING!

I will start. Steam ID is craigbray. PSN ID is CreegzSC

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
PSN aclamador I play once in a blue moon

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 10:55 Quote
I don't use my PS3 much either except to play the free shit they crank out on PS+.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 10:56 Quote
Creegz wrote:
I don't use my PS3 much either except to play the free shit they crank out on PS+.
yeah ps plus is the best, I got metro last light and bioshock infinite for free

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Creegz wrote:
yeah ps plus is the best, I got metro last light and bioshock infinite for free

Haha yeah I'm playing Infinite lately. Finishing it tomorrow or Monday I think.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 11:26 Quote
PC master race.

Infinite was awesome, but a bit on the short side sadly.

Also, since I can't ride I'll be building a second gaming rig in a week or two, Should be sweet tup

Back to the mechanical keyboard talk, Cherry MX blues FTW. I'm on a Ducky shine 3 at the moment, love that thing.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 11:28 Quote
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
PC master race.

Infinite was awesome, but a bit on the short side sadly.

Also, since I can't ride I'll be building a second gaming rig in a week or two, Should be sweet tup

Back to the mechanical keyboard talk, Cherry MX blues FTW. I'm on a Ducky shine 3 at the moment, love that thing.

I'm using a black widow ultimate right now. I need the 2013 edition because i've got some issues that are fixed by that.

I need the 5 macro keys on the side, I have them rebound to 67890. I use them in Starcraft and conveniently in CSGO as well, those are my grenades.

Also master race indeed. I have the PS3 because I wanted Last of Us. Which was well worth the purchase, then I got uncharted 3 for free so I bought 1 and 2 (which was an excellent series btw), and MGS4 for free as well. So I bought the MGS collection because I love metal gear. Also Brothers was free, that game took me under 2 hours, and the feels..holy shit.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 11:34 Quote
My little brother has a PS3, and I steal it from time to time...

I've actually never played Starcraft, which is weird as I've played insane amounts of Warcraft III and WoW. For WoW I use an orbweaver, so the Ducky is for everything else. I highly recommend it though! As a Dane, CS is my go to FPS, but I must admit I'm not the best. I'm almost always down for a game or two, especially due to my injury at the moment.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 11:39 Quote
My little brother has a PS3, and I steal it from time to time...

I've actually never played Starcraft, which is weird as I've played insane amounts of Warcraft III and WoW. For WoW I use an orbweaver, so the Ducky is for everything else. I highly recommend it though! As a Dane, CS is my go to FPS, but I must admit I'm not the best. I'm almost always down for a game or two, especially due to my injury at the moment.

Word man. I am too. Our ping difference would be hell though Frown My MMO now is EVE, as I don't need to play 100% of the time to become useful. Just have to have some in game money.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
That would be a little problem, yes. Frown How is EVE? I've not really heard much about it to be honest.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 12:07 Quote
That would be a little problem, yes. Frown How is EVE? I've not really heard much about it to be honest.

Here's the way Eve works in a winded post.

Systems are ranked by a security status of 1.0 to 0.0. There are many different roles and really, if you train the skills you can do any role you please, so you're not locked like in WoW where you make a priest, you're a priest. You skill up for covert ops or scanning you can still skill into a different set granted you have time. Skills are not earned by playing, but rather by "training queue's" that are 24 hour queue's with the ability to line up skills within that frame or outside it as long as some of it fits. There's skills that take 24 days. You can interrupt and go back to training a skill if you would like to and you don't lose your place. As long as the account has active subscription time you're able to keep training skills as long as you put them in the queue.

In higher security areas, it's basically be a corporation that makes money fabricating items, or gathering materials or running missions against NPC's/NPC factions. There's not much fighting going on against players. There's a little bit, but there's "security" that destroys you upon player aggression, which is why these regions are referred to as High sec (1.0 to 0.5).

There's Low sec (Low Security) (0.4 to 0.1) this is where basically structures will shoot at confirmed killers (you get a red icon) and will fire at aggressors as well. Now with this you get the opportunity of fights against players, and there's more rare materials, sites (pve "instances" to compare to WOW) with different, rarer, more expensive blueprints available, etc, but your risk is slightly higher as there's no security ships flying around.

Nulsec (0.0) you are not safe. It is a mostly military style life. Everything is fleet roams where you need to be ready for engagements. Do not fly alone, if you do, you are essentially required to keep an eye on the local chat room to see new people entering, and to know who is friendly to you. Be there with a corporation and alliance, most of them have a channel dedicated to sightings of possible threats. This is where the game gets fun for me. We own Player Owned Structures that give us ownership of an area. These have small windows of being attacked, this keeps weird snoops spying around our shit. We defend. There's "Ratting" which is just finding random spawns of misc NPC's in Asteroid belts and on warp gates. They pose minimal threat, it's just for the sake of salvage and gaining some income in a location that is far away from central trade hubs.

The game takes months for you to actually become relevant. And it requires a LOT of learning. That being said. If you take on the trial, do the FULL tutorial, you'll get a GOOD idea of how the game works outside of PVP, which is just experience. I've lost 30 or so ships since November which diminished most of my bank account.

This game is numbers, waiting, patience, etc. I sit in my station 90% of the time, leaving the game on, and in mumble with my corp, and then when something happens we roll out and roll over it. When things get real, it is a LOT of fun. The game is quite extensive and has a LOT to be experienced, and most of the community is pretty helpful.

I can really keep going, but I'll leave it at that. I recommend the trial. Sit down and just solid focus on it. Let me know after the trial if you get into it, i'll recommend you into my corp.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
Downloading the Trial right now, thanks Salute Sounds great actually, I love games were player to player interaction is crucial. It adds a whole other aspect to the experience.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 13:37 Quote
Downloading the Trial right now, thanks Salute Sounds great actually, I love games were player to player interaction is crucial. It adds a whole other aspect to the experience.

Awesome! My name in it is Creegz Brae. MSG me when you figure out the UI enough to find people. I'll send you a bit of starting money when I get logged in tonight.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 13:45 Quote
#PCmasterrace lol

So what are the top 3 games people are currently playing most?

For me it's:
Hawken (kinda cool F2P mech style FPS)
TF2 (needs no explanation)
Borderlands 2

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 13:50 Quote
CSGO
EVE
Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney: Dual Destinies.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010240
Mobile Version of Website