Bos deville 160 (2012) or Rockshox pike rct3 (2014)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Bos deville 160 (2012) or Rockshox pike rct3 (2014)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 Quote
i am looking to get a new set of all mountain forks im stuck between the above two and was wondering if anyone has any experince with either or both and what you think is more suitable for fairly agressive AM riding.the Bos would be the non trc.

Any help would be great !

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 13:55 Quote
I have the Pikes on my Nukeproof Mega and they're excellent. Don't seem to dive like some forks can and are great over small chattery stuff as well as the bigger hits. Haven't tried the Bos but have heard good things about them, don't suppose this helps much does it!

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 14:11 Quote
Toddy101 wrote:
I have the Pikes on my Nukeproof Mega and they're excellent. Don't seem to dive like some forks can and are great over small chattery stuff as well as the bigger hits. Haven't tried the Bos but have heard good things about them, don't suppose this helps much does it!

it does! i have a mega too and if it feels good on it then im pretty much sold especially if it isnt diving, do you know if the 150's can be raised to 160 as ive read they can and cant and would quite like to know as ive found some 150's at a good price

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 23:35 Quote
U have to buy a 160mm travel spring internals. I think those are around 100€.

FL
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 23:43 Quote
Had both - bos on my Alpine and pike on my five, both the same model years as your looking at also funnily enough

The BOS was AMAZING, it was so plush controlled and ramped up superbly. However the one big advantage the pike has is the lockout for climbing / road riding etc. the TRC did f*ck all being honest.

If they did the Bos with lockout it would be perfect for me and I would buy one tomorrow as it was that good, however without it the pike suits me better

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 11:02 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
Had both - bos on my Alpine and pike on my five, both the same model years as your looking at also funnily enough

The BOS was AMAZING, it was so plush controlled and ramped up superbly. However the one big advantage the pike has is the lockout for climbing / road riding etc. the TRC did f*ck all being honest.

If they did the Bos with lockout it would be perfect for me and I would buy one tomorrow as it was that good, however without it the pike suits me better

photo

photo

haha thats spooky, thanks for the advice though ive gone for the pikes! should be arriving soon cant wait!

FL
Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 4:38 Quote
The role of TRC on BOS forks.

Did a bit of reading about the TRC on the forks Tim, and judging by the manual it was never supposed to be a lockout function more to change the characteristics without needing to add/remove air from the cartridge.

FL
Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 6:07 Quote
Yes buddy your correct but I would of loved for em to have lockout , would be immense

FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 23:27 Quote
cant wait for these in 160- my prayer has been answered

http://www.bosmtb.com/en/forks/all-mountain/detail/produit/deville-am/6.html

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013145
Mobile Version of Website