Enduro Evo or Status 1

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Enduro Evo or Status 1
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 18:26 Quote
So i have decided that it is time for me to purchase a freeride/dh bike.

Originally, i was planning on getting a Specialized Status 1 for Mountain Creek Bike Park.

Now I'm thinking that an Enduro Evo would be nicer for some of my more local dh trails because lugging a status up the local mountain would be a real pain. Also, Mountain Creek is more than an hour away from me so it is a bit difficult to get over there more than 7 or 8 times per season.

So, would an Enduro be able to handle the big stuff at mountain creek that i want to hit? They have the same forks so the Enduro cant be that much worse, right?

Thanks,
Isaac

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 21:26 Quote
Off the top of my head, the main differences would be 7 inches of travel on the enduro and 8 on the status. But' the enduro would probably be a better pedaling. There's a guy out here in socal that races a enduro with Dorados and he really likes it. He also switched from a status to the enduro. From what it sounds like the enduro would be good for you for local stuff. As long as you have it set up properly you should be fine hitting some big stuff. Just be careful.

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 8:36 Quote
I have the 2013 Enduro Evo and I love it, bought it to replace my stolen Sx trail and it fills its boots well in terms of manoeuvrability, whilst pedalling better I feel. It is still not a light weight bike however (I don't know exact weight). It works great for xc style routes, but I mainly use it for DH in the Uk (where we almost always have to push up, but still have a lot of pretty technical riding and big features), and have also taken it to the French Alps.

I test rode a status 1 and it felt good, but not as exciting, a little sluggish for what it was.

*Also, i was offered both the bikes at the same price, and I thought the Enduro had slightly better spec i.e. Elixir 3s vs 1s, rear mech. I had a preference for the fox shock as I hadn't used x fusion before. The fork however is great. It took a long time to bed in and felt a bit sticky at first, but after the initial period and its first oil change its smooth and structurally stiff.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
isaacallen wrote:
So i have decided that it is time for me to purchase a freeride/dh bike.

Originally, i was planning on getting a Specialized Status 1 for Mountain Creek Bike Park.

Now I'm thinking that an Enduro Evo would be nicer for some of my more local dh trails because lugging a status up the local mountain would be a real pain. Also, Mountain Creek is more than an hour away from me so it is a bit difficult to get over there more than 7 or 8 times per season.

So, would an Enduro be able to handle the big stuff at mountain creek that i want to hit? They have the same forks so the Enduro cant be that much worse, right?

Thanks,
Isaac

Tandem bike is the way to go. 2x the speed and 2x the amount of air

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009327
Mobile Version of Website