Methods of carrying tools to trails

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Methods of carrying tools to trails
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 9:40 Quote
Im looking for ways to carry my spade to my digging spot without looping it through the straps of my backpack, any ideas? Smile

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 10:53 Quote
same here.

what i do now is hiding the shovel near the jumps, but if you have quality tools it may not be so good idea.

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 11:52 Quote
we used to do that bit ive went through 10 shovels in five years

Posted: May 31, 2014 at 8:03 Quote
we just get a back pack and shuv it all in above the lower strap part so it is on you back and resting on the lower part of the back pack straps

Posted: Jun 4, 2014 at 10:00 Quote
A skateboard / snowboard backpack will have extra straps for boards.
I wear a dog leash like a seatbelt (over the shoulder) and my tools hang off it like a gun holster.

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 9:22 Quote
I use a chariot trailer works awesome

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 4:32 Quote
I tend to just tie all mine together using a strap off my bike rack when I get there. You have to find the balance point but is fine to ride with one hand for a short distance. Imagine something like a tool roll but made out of webbing that makes a grab handle too.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 5:01 Quote
I strap mine to my bike, but generally I leave a couple of cheap spades and a rake hidden near a fallen tree.. I don't even like carrying my allenkey sets/housekeys when im riding so I just leave my bag at the top..

nothing more annoying than falling.. and then getting an additional stab in the back by your pump! or something else in your bag

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 8:31 Quote
we also dug a hole behind a tree next to a fence and left them there, no one ever steps there so its fine

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 2:12 Quote
i have a backpack for only diggin. with straps for shovel etc.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 4:29 Quote
Dredog wrote:
i have a backpack for only diggin. with straps for shovel etc.

what is it called? is it a skateboard one?

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 4:46 Quote
no, its selfmade! Wink

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 6:26 Quote
Had a think about this, what about making a collapsible shovel nd take? Wooden shaft with a section of screwed rod in one end, a nut sunk into the other?

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 8:35 Quote
JR1990 wrote:
Had a think about this, what about making a collapsible shovel nd take? Wooden shaft with a section of screwed rod in one end, a nut sunk into the other?

Already made by myself, been working great since March. Fits in a small pack with 4 other hand tools

The DIY pack-able trail tool. 15 hours of work with this thing and still going strong. Fits in your backpack nicely and cost 25 to make.

Some solo work done with it

Before and after middle section benched out.

trail is done 15 foot gap at the bottom with a 8 foot long lip to send you properly. lip is all dirt minus a few supporting logs at the front. landing is 100 dirt

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 8:52 Quote
Absolutely awesome mate, exactly what i had pictured! Is that steel pipe or wood?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015881
Mobile Version of Website