Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Author Message
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
On my ride log today my region changed from Pocahontas State Park to Chesterfield it should not have changed.
I tried to edit it but it said a moderator would have to do it.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
Ahh this is normal, the "Routes" tab in the app is a mix of Routes and anonymized public user ridelogs. The tab used to be labeled "Rides", but was renamed at some point to be consistent among all the various activity types, like "Hiking" where one hikes not rides.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 17:22 Quote
Thank you for the clarification; I did not know that.
I suppose I've always looked at trails with enough named routes that I didn't hit the ride logs.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
During a ride in July last year (https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/15019565/) I rode trail this trail; https://www.trailforks.com/trails/fassberget/ however it doesn't show up on my badge progress for this badge: https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33558/. I've tried to manually change the region on that activity to get it to recognise it but with no luck, is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Best regards
Jonas Gottfarb

Mod
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 17:22 Quote
Longfeel wrote:
During a ride in July last year (https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/15019565/) I rode trail this trail; https://www.trailforks.com/trails/fassberget/ however it doesn't show up on my badge progress for this badge: https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33558/. I've tried to manually change the region on that activity to get it to recognise it but with no luck, is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Best regards
Jonas Gottfarb

Have a look at this video.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/503548/

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 23:39 Quote
Thank you so much for this, that solved the issue!

/Jonas

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
I often get "Problem saving your ridelog data Frown " when trying to resync from Strava.

I removed every ride från TF and imported everything from Strava again.
So everything was fresh.
But still get the message.

Got any tips?

For example this ride: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/27612345/

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
App constantly gets out of Activity "Mountain Bike" into Ski, Horse, etc.

I prefer not to see any of those options at all and just leave it permanently on mountain bike.
This should be in the settings, and not on the top of the map taking useful real estate for a user action that is seldom used and is more likely to be used by accident.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 22:01 Quote
When using "Record ride" and turn off the screen to save battery, every time you open the map to look at a trail intersection or to save the ride, the UI stops for a few seconds showing an animation of the ride. This has no value and just wastes the user time waiting it to finish. There is no value in it since the map will show the ride trace.

During that time the app is unresponsive. You cannot use the map of finish saving.

Its best to remove this feature, or at least make it optional in the setting, default to disabled.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Zach2 wrote:
When using "Record ride" and turn off the screen to save battery, every time you open the map to look at a trail intersection or to save the ride, the UI stops for a few seconds showing an animation of the ride. This has no value and just wastes the user time waiting it to finish. There is no value in it since the map will show the ride trace.

During that time the app is unresponsive. You cannot use the map of finish saving.

Its best to remove this feature, or at least make it optional in the setting, default to disabled.

This is not happening on purpose. It started happening only on Android sometime in the last 6 months. I'm currently trying to debug why this is happening, but it's tricky to reproduce without doing a recording for some time.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 3:38 Quote
https://www.trailforks.com/profile/fedefe/leaderboard/
please check the speed of this leaderboard! thank you

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
Hi there,

Somewhere between June 13 and July 11 my location name doesn't show correctly in my Ride Log overview anymore.

I am riding in https://www.trailforks.com/goto/region/4758/ which is 'Schoorl' but it now displays the region as 'Venlo' (which is 237 km away from here).

The funny thing is that when I click on the link for the region the map shows the correct place.

I know there is some great riding near Venlo so maybe you're just trying to get me to new places? :-)

Kind regards,

Clemens

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 6:36 Quote
Dani81 wrote:
https://www.trailforks.com/profile/fedefe/leaderboard/
please check the speed of this leaderboard! thank you

60+ MPH seems legit. Just kidding.

You might try the ride flagging on Strava.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 16:43 Quote
the bug with comment spamming is still here, at least via tralforks and in Edge browser, but I did not use edge browser before, but now I've been testing it.
I commented at my own pic, but it posted same comment twice.

the issue with this bug it will get people banned if this happens a lot.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
I don't know if this will help but I noticed a change in behavior of the blue dot when we rode at Kolapore Uplands with no data available for my mobile.

When the app was opened, the blue dot was at the last location where it was when we looked at the app. If I waited a few seconds, the blue dot would "jump" to the current location. None of the scrolling along the screen following our route.

I have my TF account linked with my Garmin account. When we rode the day after with normal data available the scrolling dot issue returned.

This happens with or without the Garmin account link.


canadaka wrote:
Zach2 wrote:
When using "Record ride" and turn off the screen to save battery, every time you open the map to look at a trail intersection or to save the ride, the UI stops for a few seconds showing an animation of the ride. This has no value and just wastes the user time waiting it to finish. There is no value in it since the map will show the ride trace.

During that time the app is unresponsive. You cannot use the map of finish saving.

Its best to remove this feature, or at least make it optional in the setting, default to disabled.

This is not happening on purpose. It started happening only on Android sometime in the last 6 months. I'm currently trying to debug why this is happening, but it's tricky to reproduce without doing a recording for some time.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007695
Mobile Version of Website