Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Ridelogs were delayed this weekend due to a database server issue. Nothing was lost, the 5000 app uploads in queue were all processed on monday. and another 11,000 in Strava queue also finished.

Would any of that also cause a (Red Banner)Garmin Connect error that prompts to disconnect/reconnect, yet persists even after it was disconnected?

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
Nice job, thanks.

canadaka wrote:
Ridelogs were delayed this weekend due to a database server issue. Nothing was lost, the 5000 app uploads in queue were all processed on monday. and another 11,000 in Strava queue also finished.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
I often find myself slightly confused as to which direction to take, when I'm checking TrailForks at a trail fork. So I installed a compass app on my Android, it has a toggle for magnetic/georgaphic north. Tested both apps on a stationary flat surface, and it seems to me the direction arrow in TF is orienting itself relative to magnetic north, whereas the map is shown with the geographic north on top, of course. The compass app tells me the current magnectic declination in Squamish is 15.8 degrees, that is a fairly significant difference. (Edit: fixed the wording about the direction of the arrow)

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 3:49 Quote
montivagant wrote:
I often find myself slightly confused as to which direction to take, when I'm checking TrailForks at a trail fork. So I installed a compass app on my Android, it has a toggle for magnetic/georgaphic north. Tested both apps on a stationary flat surface, and it seems to me the direction arrow in TF is orienting itself relative to magnetic north, whereas the map is shown with the geographic north on top, of course. The compass app tells me the current magnectic declination in Squamish is 15.8 degrees, that is a fairly significant difference. (Edit: fixed the wording about the direction of the arrow)

That difference aside, yeah if you're riding in a crowded area or spots where there is an intersection of 3-5 trails, it can be confusing to figure out which one is which.

I find the best way around this is to record your ride with Trailforks itself. As it will show you where you came from and you can orient yourself based off that.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
Is there something going on with regions/cities, when someone changes the name or something similar?

Look at this one called Klienburg and Kleinburg - as far as I can tell, only one of these actually exists in TF. But why is there two in the selection list?

Can also see in the image that there are two Pembroke and Petawawa cities.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/eastern/cities/ - there are really only one Pembroke and Petawawa cities in there.

photo

Its a little confusing...

I originally noticed this a few days ago with the following two identical regions. Not sure what happened here, but I was somehow able to find the two IDs of each region and unpublished one.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/north-walkers-woods-41255/
https://www.trailforks.com/region/north-walkers-woods-41254/

Are they auto generating wrong or something?

Second thing - when moving a trail from one region to another, when selecting the city, why do ALL cities for the province load and not only cities under the sub region you've selected?

For example, refer to the picture above. Sub Region 2 of "Greater Toronto Area" is selected, but the City list is listing EVERY city in the province. Shouldn't it only list cities under the selected Sub Region 2?

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
Anything about the above post?

Also now it appears that when adding a trail by drawing it on the map, it no longer snaps to surrounding trails/roads. So you essentially have to edit the trail twice.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
And when editing a trail of a certain activity type, if other trails don't have that same activity type selected, then they don't appear on the edit map at all. So you can't see where they are in relation or snap the trails together.

Mod O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
trail edit map being re-made.

Will add the city thing to my list.

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
Trailforks doesn't count Achievements correctly.
I completed a ride and got 7 Achievements; however, TF says I got 6.
The Ridelog Achievements is missing one of my gold efforts.
photo
photo
Not a big deal, just letting you know. I don't normally look at that stuff, but maybe it has some relevance to other functions.
Thanks.

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 20:04 Quote
I think it's because one of the 1st place is for doing the trail in reverse and the achievements only count for trail in its primary direction.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
canadaka wrote:
I think it's because one of the 1st place is for doing the trail in reverse and the achievements only count for trail in its primary direction.
That must be it. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
Hi,

Today I was submitting a new trail, a few minutes later remembered to change something on the mentioned trail so tried to modify it and is showing me the message "You do not have permission to view this content"

Later, I've also tried with other trails pending to be approved or rejected in the confirm content list and is showing the same message. Is somebody else having the same issue?

Thanks

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
pablichelo wrote:
Hi,

Today I was submitting a new trail, a few minutes later remembered to change something on the mentioned trail so tried to modify it and is showing me the message "You do not have permission to view this content"

Later, I've also tried with other trails pending to be approved or rejected in the confirm content list and is showing the same message. Is somebody else having the same issue?

Thanks
Yes, same issue

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
When trying to add a report, I get this message :

"ATTENTION

Yesterday everything was working without problems. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help Beer

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
visitpohorje wrote:
When trying to add a report, I get this message :

"ATTENTION

Yesterday everything was working without problems. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help Beer

Same issue for me. Trying to add video to trails and get the same message. Tried on both Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026698
Mobile Version of Website