Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Author Message
Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
bipedalist wrote:
Ride logs not uploading:
https://www.trailforks.com/profile/bipedalist/ridelog/queue/

Some are queued and "force retry" does not work.
The iOS app has green check mark and when tapped just displays "uploading" and then disappears.

Something is amiss here.

The issue is also being discussed in this other thread.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 3:00 Quote
Looks to have been resolved.

bipedalist wrote:
Ride logs not uploading:
https://www.trailforks.com/profile/bipedalist/ridelog/queue/

Some are queued and "force retry" does not work.
The iOS app has green check mark and when tapped just displays "uploading" and then disappears.

Something is amiss here.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
gearman wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
gearman wrote:
I need 2 trails for my Completionist Badge LV3 Connector and Lakeview 3. I plan to use this route to ride these trails:

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/19071802#trails

This is the route I need to ride but as you can see Lakeview 3 shows a partial match on this and other ride logs I have looked at. Will you correct this please.

I'm not a TF Admin, but I've run into this myself.
You're getting a partial match because your route and the trail don't match close enough. You can see many times where your course and the trail separate from each other. Possibly the trail in TF needs to be updated to match actual on-ground conditions - trails move over time, some more than others. If the trail needs to be fixed then you can do that yourself - edit the GPS track to match real world conditions and improve the site for all users. Once your edit is approved then just re-can the ridelog for the badges.

I hope that helps.

Thanks but the problem here is where LV3 Connector connects to Lakeview 3. It connects in the middle of the trail so you are riding the 2nd half of the trail before the 1st half and that results in a partial match. I have not rode the trails yet I'm just planning my route. I think I have found a way to ride it that I will try tomorrow.

Ah, I see what you're saying now. The beginning and end of the Lakeview 3 trail are opposite of the connector you want to use. You'll have to ride out on your connector and then completely circle Lakeview 3 two times to get the badge credit. I've run into this issue as well - it makes the badge that much more worthwhile when you have to put in the miles.
The only other way is to re-configure the trail in TF so the start and end are on the east side by your connector.
Good luck!

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
gearman wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:


I'm not a TF Admin, but I've run into this myself.
You're getting a partial match because your route and the trail don't match close enough. You can see many times where your course and the trail separate from each other. Possibly the trail in TF needs to be updated to match actual on-ground conditions - trails move over time, some more than others. If the trail needs to be fixed then you can do that yourself - edit the GPS track to match real world conditions and improve the site for all users. Once your edit is approved then just re-can the ridelog for the badges.

I hope that helps.


Thanks but the problem here is where LV3 Connector connects to Lakeview 3. It connects in the middle of the trail so you are riding the 2nd half of the trail before the 1st half and that results in a partial match. I have not rode the trails yet I'm just planning my route. I think I have found a way to ride it that I will try tomorrow.

Ah, I see what you're saying now. The beginning and end of the Lakeview 3 trail are opposite of the connector you want to use. You'll have to ride out on your connector and then completely circle Lakeview 3 two times to get the badge credit. I've run into this issue as well - it makes the badge that much more worthwhile when you have to put in the miles.
The only other way is to re-configure the trail in TF so the start and end are on the east side by your connector.
Good luck!

I rode Lakeview3 this morning from the beginning and saved that ride. Then I went back to LV3 Connector rode and saved that ride. I am happy to say that worked and I received my Completionist Badge. Thank you for your interest.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
Ridelogs were delayed this weekend due to a database server issue. Nothing was lost, the 5000 app uploads in queue were all processed on monday. and another 11,000 in Strava queue also finished.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 22:17 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
Same issue here. Safari 12.1.2
Cleared browser cache and tried first two items. Both load.
Still no maps.

Maps are working again!

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
A couple of trails were reworked by trail crews changing their path/track, so I submitted a trail edit to the north section of Mule Ear https://www.trailforks.com/trails/mule-ear/ and Cutlers twist https://www.trailforks.com/trails/cutlers--twist-316217/ where is intersects with Mule Ear. The edits have been approved and now show properly on the map. However, when trying to create a route using these trails, the auto route feature still tries to default select the old trail location/path which is no longer visible on the map. If the "Selecting" button/toggle is selected during route creation, you can still see the old trail location/path which shows up as a light pink on the map and that appears to be what the auto route is trying to use. This same problem is occurring on a couple other trail edits that I submitted as well.

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Ridelogs were delayed this weekend due to a database server issue. Nothing was lost, the 5000 app uploads in queue were all processed on monday. and another 11,000 in Strava queue also finished.

Would any of that also cause a (Red Banner)Garmin Connect error that prompts to disconnect/reconnect, yet persists even after it was disconnected?

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
Nice job, thanks.

canadaka wrote:
Ridelogs were delayed this weekend due to a database server issue. Nothing was lost, the 5000 app uploads in queue were all processed on monday. and another 11,000 in Strava queue also finished.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
I often find myself slightly confused as to which direction to take, when I'm checking TrailForks at a trail fork. So I installed a compass app on my Android, it has a toggle for magnetic/georgaphic north. Tested both apps on a stationary flat surface, and it seems to me the direction arrow in TF is orienting itself relative to magnetic north, whereas the map is shown with the geographic north on top, of course. The compass app tells me the current magnectic declination in Squamish is 15.8 degrees, that is a fairly significant difference. (Edit: fixed the wording about the direction of the arrow)

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 3:49 Quote
montivagant wrote:
I often find myself slightly confused as to which direction to take, when I'm checking TrailForks at a trail fork. So I installed a compass app on my Android, it has a toggle for magnetic/georgaphic north. Tested both apps on a stationary flat surface, and it seems to me the direction arrow in TF is orienting itself relative to magnetic north, whereas the map is shown with the geographic north on top, of course. The compass app tells me the current magnectic declination in Squamish is 15.8 degrees, that is a fairly significant difference. (Edit: fixed the wording about the direction of the arrow)

That difference aside, yeah if you're riding in a crowded area or spots where there is an intersection of 3-5 trails, it can be confusing to figure out which one is which.

I find the best way around this is to record your ride with Trailforks itself. As it will show you where you came from and you can orient yourself based off that.

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
Is there something going on with regions/cities, when someone changes the name or something similar?

Look at this one called Klienburg and Kleinburg - as far as I can tell, only one of these actually exists in TF. But why is there two in the selection list?

Can also see in the image that there are two Pembroke and Petawawa cities.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/eastern/cities/ - there are really only one Pembroke and Petawawa cities in there.


Its a little confusing...

I originally noticed this a few days ago with the following two identical regions. Not sure what happened here, but I was somehow able to find the two IDs of each region and unpublished one.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/north-walkers-woods-41255/
https://www.trailforks.com/region/north-walkers-woods-41254/

Are they auto generating wrong or something?



Second thing - when moving a trail from one region to another, when selecting the city, why do ALL cities for the province load and not only cities under the sub region you've selected?

For example, refer to the picture above. Sub Region 2 of "Greater Toronto Area" is selected, but the City list is listing EVERY city in the province. Shouldn't it only list cities under the selected Sub Region 2?

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
Anything about the above post?


Also now it appears that when adding a trail by drawing it on the map, it no longer snaps to surrounding trails/roads. So you essentially have to edit the trail twice.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
And when editing a trail of a certain activity type, if other trails don't have that same activity type selected, then they don't appear on the edit map at all. So you can't see where they are in relation or snap the trails together.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
trail edit map being re-made.

Will add the city thing to my list.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.052044
Mobile Version of Website