Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 3:19 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
dnonixon wrote:
Hi Tevor, seems I'm having an issue with a recent Route that I'm trying to put together for an upcoming event I'm organizing for our local Club. (YMBA). The goal is to do all the trails in the network in as minimal distance as possible, and achieve the Completionist Badge in so doing,
I initially have created the route using the Route Planner tool with the combination of Snap to Map, manual draw, and trail selections and wanted to simplify it and clean up the GPS data by Snapping To Map after completed, but that doesnt seem to work on this Route. When I load up the GPS into the Route Planner, when I click on Snap To Map, it doesn't do anything.
The second issue is that in trying to review my route, the trails do not get highlighted when I'm going thru the list of trails, nor does the turn by turn directions correlate properly with the route I've layed out. Because their are lots of turns and some duplicate sections on the route, I wanted to make sure I can follow the route exactly and not miss any turns.
And finally, in looking at this route to achieve the competionist badge, there are some trails that aren't done from Start to finish in a continues route, but may route off to another loop than back on to the origianl trail to compete it...I'm wondering if it will still be considered competed or if it has to be in one continues route.
Here is the Route in question:
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/369565/?activitytype=1&z=16.4&lat=43.95145&lon=-79.41770

Thanks so much!

I can create a new badge specifically for this, it will better than relying on the existing one which is most likely missing trails or already completed by some.

No need to, I've already updated the Competionist list to reflect the most current trails that are rideable. Thanks for the offer though.

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 3:23 Quote
canadaka wrote:
You must ride the ENTIRE trail start to finish continuously.

There is an issue with those route plans display, the yellow line should be below the trails. Will look into that this week.

The snap also relies on rouing being working. Routing is working, so it's another issue, maybe too complex a route to snap.

Great, thanks for looking into it, and for the clarification on Completionist trails! Really appreciate all your support!

Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 6:38 Quote
dnonixon wrote:
canadaka wrote:

There is an issue with those route plans display, the yellow line should be below the trails. Will look into that this week.

The snap also relies on rouing being working. Routing is working, so it's another issue, maybe too complex a route to snap.

Great, thanks for looking into it, and for the clarification on Completionist trails! Really appreciate all your support!
Here is an updated Route, I've managed to clear alot of the GPS data, but still not being able to track the trails or turn by turn navigation. Thanks
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/371869/

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
Recently I've noticed a problem when adding new regions - in particular dropping the region marker on the map AFTER drawing the region polygon.

Sometimes when dropping the marker down ontop of the newly drawn polygon, it causes the polygon to mess up. The points on it often jumble up and cross each other.

I can get around this by drawing the polygon and dropping the marker outside of the area and then saving. Then edit the region a second time and move the marker into the correct spot.

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 16:37 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Recently I've noticed a problem when adding new regions - in particular dropping the region marker on the map AFTER drawing the region polygon.

Sometimes when dropping the marker down ontop of the newly drawn polygon, it causes the polygon to mess up. The points on it often jumble up and cross each other.

I can get around this by drawing the polygon and dropping the marker outside of the area and then saving. Then edit the region a second time and move the marker into the correct spot.

Huh never seen this, I'll take a look.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 4:51 Quote
Norwegian letters photo uploader in the description does not work, if it's from the exif data.
I get
Ø instead of Ø
Ã¥ instead of Å

So I have to edit it, or already have the description copied and paste it in.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 4:55 Quote
I've been using several web browsers, I've noticed a bug in Brave
Version 1.45.131 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (64-bit), on add trail page: the Upload, Draw options disappear as soon as I click on Draw. But I can't draw, to tool is not there, no matter where I click. so drawing a trail Brave is impossible in now.
no issues in Chrome Versjon 107.0.5304.107 (64-bit), Firefox 108.0b5 (64-bit).

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 5:58 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

Huh never seen this, I'll take a look.

It doesn't happen every time. Below is an example - I've done a few before that had complex polygons that got really messed up and had to basically start over, it was too jumbled to correct the points.

Screenshot of a fairly simple polygon being added - this is before the marker is dropped:

Screenshot of the polygon getting messed up on the left side, after the marker is dropped:

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 23:10 Quote
Can someone please share the magic pixie dust required to get the Garmin Edge 530 and Trailforks to work reliably. When it feels like it, I can select My Routes on the Edge and there they are ready to go, other times doing the same thing will just hang on fetching routes. Other times I’m be in the endless prompt to log in put my still same credentials only to have it do nothing… Seriously, this is a terrible experience, any ideas? Using the latest firmware on the Edge with an iPhone 13 Pro latest iOS, updated literally every piece of firmware and software including Garmin Connect and IQ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 23:11 Quote
hardtailhonk wrote:
Can someone please share the magic pixie dust required to get the Garmin Edge 530 and Trailforks to work reliably. When it feels like it, I can select My Routes on the Edge and there they are ready to go, other times doing the same thing will just hang on fetching routes. Other times I’m be in the endless prompt to log in put my still same credentials only to have it do nothing… Seriously, this is a terrible experience, any ideas? Using the latest firmware on the Edge with an iPhone 13 Pro latest iOS, updated literally every piece of firmware and software including Garmin Connect and IQ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Have you tried setting the garmin up to connect directly to your WiFi rather than via the phone? I've an android phone and never had the problems you're describing, maybe the iPhone is causing the problem.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
I've got a few finicky trails that never show up in my ridden list after a ride. I look at the map and my route lines up almost exactly with them. I then add them to the ride manually but still they do not register a completion time. This has happened more than a few times with these trails, sometimes adding them manually works sometimes it doesn't. Just wondering what the problem is and if its fixable on your end?
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/46754898/#trails
See the last three trails, 10 bridges, powerline and salt creek heights.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 9:51 Quote
trailhunter1 wrote:
I've got a few finicky trails that never show up in my ridden list after a ride. I look at the map and my route lines up almost exactly with them. I then add them to the ride manually but still they do not register a completion time. This has happened more than a few times with these trails, sometimes adding them manually works sometimes it doesn't. Just wondering what the problem is and if its fixable on your end?

I'm not an Admin, but I've dealt with this frustration often.
TF is really finicky about this.
Looking at your Ridelog...
10 Bridges - you didn't ride over the north end of the trail so TF didn't count it.
Salt Creek - you missed the south end of the trail so TF didn't count it.
Powerline - you missed the south end of the trail so TF didn't count it.

Also, in each case there were short occasions where you were not on the trail, most notably on 10 Bridges - this can also reduce the chance that TF will count that you rode the trail.

Anytime you add a trail to your Ridelog it won't give you a dist, speed or time.

It's possible that the trails have moved over time so even if you ride them you'll never get TF to automatically recognize them. Best bet is to edit the trails to match the existing routes as they are ridden today. Hopefully that will improve the ability of TF to recognize the rides better.

Good luck.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
ride log map still not updating with recent activities

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 16:03 Quote
trailhunter1 wrote:

I edited both those trails, cleaning up their gps points and aligned with heatmap data. I then re-scanned your ridelog and it picked both the trails up!

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 18:02 Quote
dnonixon wrote:
dnonixon wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Here is an updated Route, I've managed to clear alot of the GPS data, but still not being able to track the trails or turn by turn navigation. Thanks
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/371869/

In follow up to this last issue, I ended up dividing up the entire route into smaller sections (5), and that seemed to resolve the issues. I guess you were right in suggesting it may be a too complicated route.
However, the issue I’m having now is matching the ridelog GPS recording with the entire route. Due to the variance in GPS tracking, especially with this complex route and the proximity of the trails being very close to each other, there are a lot of trails that were only partially matched. I have read the suggestions for rectifying this but to no avail. (Rescaning to identify trails, marking trails ridden, adding trails ridden, etc..) but still can’t match perfectly. Would appreciate any intervention you can do on this as this was a group event that is associated to two local badges, one of wich requires this route being competed in one ride! So the option to go back and re-ride sections that didn’t match isn’t really an option!
Thanks for your help as always! Here’s the ridelog
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/46720203/#details
and the badge:
https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/128448/

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013998
Mobile Version of Website