Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 9:35 Quote
Homefeed - Favorites tab is showing region I'm not subscribed to anymore. Highland bike park is showing up even though I removed this from my regions months ago.

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 22:12 Quote
bigwheels87 wrote:
On the home feed, the favorites tab dissapeared and seems to be replaced by following?

When I go to that tab and then select regions, it doesn't show any of my favorite regions.

Is there another update coming or is something up?

BenLow2019 wrote:
Homefeed - Favorites tab is showing region I'm not subscribed to anymore. Highland bike park is showing up even though I removed this from my regions months ago.

Big changes happening to the Trailforks Home Activity Feed. The former "Favs" tab was unsustainable, it was loading VERY slow for many users. Also the old "Friends" tab was not an actual Trailforks feed, it was just some Pinkbike dashboard events thrown in there, different visual style and a very small scope.

So I've made a whole new distributed event system, so when you follow a user, region, trail, route or event. You will get those activity events distributed to you. So now it's a much faster and scalable system.

I changed the UI to combine the old "Favs" and "Friends" tabs into a single "Following" tab. You can still only show Favs or Friends as sub-tab options. Favs is now called "Regions".

There was a few bugs yesterday, but working through the kinks.

I've also added a bunch of new activity events in the feed and changed the style of some, like a ridelog from a friend.

I've also made a whole new Trailforks specific notification system. Before you kinda had some notifications that showed up on the Pinkbike dashboard, which was duplicated on TF. Now this new system is much better, has WAY more types of notifications and has a drop-down pane when clicked.

Of note, there are now new notifications for a bunch of content related actions. Issues status changes, issue assigned. Content approved, content rejected, content reject note.

List of current notifications

mention
comment
comment_reply
report_issue
report_issue_assigned
report_approve
follow
liked
billing_issue
subscription_expire
content_approved
content_rejected
content_note
event_date
summit
follow_suggest

@BenLow2019 thanks for posting, i found the cause. You used to have it as a fav, but deleted it. The new Following tab wasn't checking the deleted tag when distributing the events. Fixed for future now.

Posted: Nov 11, 2023 at 4:57 Quote
canadaka wrote:
bigwheels87 wrote:
On the home feed, the favorites tab dissapeared and seems to be replaced by following?

When I go to that tab and then select regions, it doesn't show any of my favorite regions.

Is there another update coming or is something up?

BenLow2019 wrote:

Big changes happening to the Trailforks Home Activity Feed. The former "Favs" tab was unsustainable, it was loading VERY slow for many users. Also the old "Friends" tab was not an actual Trailforks feed, it was just some Pinkbike dashboard events thrown in there, different visual style and a very small scope.

So I've made a whole new distributed event system, so when you follow a user, region, trail, route or event. You will get those activity events distributed to you. So now it's a much faster and scalable system.

I changed the UI to combine the old "Favs" and "Friends" tabs into a single "Following" tab. You can still only show Favs or Friends as sub-tab options. Favs is now called "Regions".

There was a few bugs yesterday, but working through the kinks.

I've also added a bunch of new activity events in the feed and changed the style of some, like a ridelog from a friend.

I've also made a whole new Trailforks specific notification system. Before you kinda had some notifications that showed up on the Pinkbike dashboard, which was duplicated on TF. Now this new system is much better, has WAY more types of notifications and has a drop-down pane when clicked.

Of note, there are now new notifications for a bunch of content related actions. Issues status changes, issue assigned. Content approved, content rejected, content reject note.

List of current notifications

mention
comment
comment_reply
report_issue
report_issue_assigned
report_approve
follow
liked
billing_issue
subscription_expire
content_approved
content_rejected
content_note
event_date
summit
follow_suggest

@BenLow2019 thanks for posting, i found the cause. You used to have it as a fav, but deleted it. The new Following tab wasn't checking the deleted tag when distributing the events. Fixed for future now.

Things still seem a bit funky, no? My regions aren't showing any updates from most of my favorite regions, which I've now also "subscribed" to. I also see a couple updates from NZ regions that I don't think are subscribed or favorited.

Maybe just an interface issue on my end but it seems like the ability to quickly track updates/changes in favorite regions has become a bit muddled all of a sudden.

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2023 at 22:42 Quote
If you follow a new region or user, their past events won't appear in your Following feed, only future events. Might be something I can improve.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2023 at 12:14 Quote
When I post a comment on a picture, it almost always duplicates my message two or three times.

Posted: Nov 14, 2023 at 13:17 Quote
canadaka wrote:
If you follow a new region or user, their past events won't appear in your Following feed, only future events. Might be something I can improve.

Hmm, yeah, still seems funky. I've been getting email updates to changes but the feed isn't showing anything. It hasn't updated in about 6 days.

Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 5:22 Quote
jurasick wrote:
The POI of a route are completely on wrong position in the elevation chart.
See this route:

I've stumbled this years ago doing race routes. If you edit the route after adding POI to it, the POI seem to get attached to the distance, not the position. Thus getting moved around when the route track is edited. Race segments did the same.

Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 5:14 Quote
In the "routes by trails" planner trails with predominant activity hike cant be selected.

https://www.trailforks.com/routes/routesbytrails/

Is this intended?

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2023 at 21:56 Quote
jurasick wrote:
In the "routes by trails" planner trails with predominant activity hike cant be selected.

https://www.trailforks.com/routes/routesbytrails/

Is this intended?

This should not be the case, I've mad a bug report for this.

Posted: Nov 24, 2023 at 5:11 Quote
Created a new riding area (Grange Forest Park, Brisbane Australia). After it was approved it shows my ride log ... and millions and millions of trail check-ins Confused
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/25911996/

Mod O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2023 at 10:02 Quote
aviator99 wrote:
Created a new riding area (Grange Forest Park, Brisbane Australia). After it was approved it shows my ride log ... and millions and millions of trail check-ins Confused
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/25911996/

This is fixed now.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 5:32 Quote
I submitted a new bug via the help form, but just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

On the landing page with the feed, it seems like some links to trails, comments, regions etc open an image, rather than going to their respective pages.

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 12:58 Quote
Ridelog page has busted columns, anyone else? It's about 44 rows down.

photo

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 13:15 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
I submitted a new bug via the help form, but just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

On the landing page with the feed, it seems like some links to trails, comments, regions etc open an image, rather than going to their respective pages.
what page is that, can you post a link or a screenshot of it?

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2023 at 9:50 Quote
Today, the response time of the site seems very slow. Slow to add trail, load new pages etc.

Sometimes its fast, but then a few minutes later its back to being slow.

Anything going on?

toddnzmtb wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

what page is that, can you post a link or a screenshot of it?

The issue went away, so nothing to show now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021822
Mobile Version of Website