Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 10:33 Quote
Looks like there's a display issue with longer trail descriptions. See here: https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/11090461/

The trail description has continued below the access info, and the "..." at the end of the trail description doesn't access this.

You can see this here: http://www.trailforks.com/trails/korovo-milk-bar/

This is using latest Chrome (version 35.0.1916.153) on OSX

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 20:10 Quote
delusional wrote:
Looks like there's a display issue with longer trail descriptions. See here: https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/11090461/

The trail description has continued below the access info, and the "..." at the end of the trail description doesn't access this.

You can see this here: http://www.trailforks.com/trails/korovo-milk-bar/

This is using latest Chrome (version 35.0.1916.153) on OSX

Yah I noticed this yesterday as well, thanks again. Its on my list to fix.

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 19:56 Quote
I added my bike to my profile and input the weight at 32 pounds but it's displayed as 14.5 pounds when i view my profile.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
First off - absolutely loving Trailforks. You've done an amazing job with the interface and functionality. I've been dreaming about building a site like this for MTB trails for a couple of years now.

I've been submitting trails over the last couple of days so I'll add points as I notice them. Here's a couple to start:

When you expand the trail map, ul.map_layers has an extra class of .opaque30 which is making it difficult to read the checkboxes as it drops the opacity to 0.3. Also - if you hover over the region list on the right, when the region icons bounce, it's a duplicate icon, so appears as if there are two regions in the same place.

I've also noticed that sometimes trails won't appear on the regional map. For instance, if you visit the Mt. Macpherson region in Revelstoke, Flowdown will be listed as a trail on the right-hand-side list, but won't be visible on the map itself. This goes for a couple of the other trails in the area, including Berm Donor, Tantrum, and Ridge Walk.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 9:57 Quote
Trevor - looks like the Facebook Trailforks app only imported "Ride Log" partially over to PB. I'd like to keep logging Ride Log at PB but I only had rides up to May 19th imported from the Facebook app.

Error is "The requested URL returned error: 405" when invoking function "Link your logs & trail reports to your Trailforks.com account to take credit."

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 16:29 Quote
leelau wrote:
Trevor - looks like the Facebook Trailforks app only imported "Ride Log" partially over to PB. I'd like to keep logging Ride Log at PB but I only had rides up to May 19th imported from the Facebook app.

Error is "The requested URL returned error: 405" when invoking function "Link your logs & trail reports to your Trailforks.com account to take credit."

I imported the rest of your Ride Logs from Facebook, so you can start adding new ones via Trailforks. You can continue to use the old FB app if you wish, I will do another manual sync down the road. But I plan too make the FB app communicate with the new system, just have lots of other things to get done first.

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 18:59 Quote
I just added a couple routes by drawing them in, and I find the drawing tool is glitchy.

First, I am unable to use the grabby hand to shift the frame. I have to zoom out and zoom back in on the new close up area I want in the frame.

I completed three routes, but when I looked at them afterwards, I noticed that two of the routes stop halfway through what I drew. I was then unable to edit them before approval (for as much as I could tell).

I can understand if this is low on your priority list, since I think it is better to use GPS tracks anyway.

Not sure if this is unique to me or if others would have this problem too. I was editing in Safari on OSX.

Overall, the site is coming together awesome! Thanks for putting such an awesome tool at our disposal!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 22:16 Quote
ThatDan wrote:
I just added a couple routes by drawing them in, and I find the drawing tool is glitchy.

First, I am unable to use the grabby hand to shift the frame. I have to zoom out and zoom back in on the new close up area I want in the frame.

I completed three routes, but when I looked at them afterwards, I noticed that two of the routes stop halfway through what I drew. I was then unable to edit them before approval (for as much as I could tell).

I can understand if this is low on your priority list, since I think it is better to use GPS tracks anyway.

Not sure if this is unique to me or if others would have this problem too. I was editing in Safari on OSX.

Overall, the site is coming together awesome! Thanks for putting such an awesome tool at our disposal!

Hmm I have not had that happen, I used the drawing tool to add trails several times today. Often with satellite view its more accurate that GPS tracks. Not being able to edit the track on a pending trail you submitted is bit of a bug though, you should be able to do that.

If your using a mouse with a scroll wheel, its much faster to zoom in and out of the map using that. You can also pan around the map while still using the draw tool if you hold the left mouse down while you drag/pan.

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 1:34 Quote
canadaka wrote:
You can also pan around the map while still using the draw tool if you hold the left mouse down while you drag/pan.

That is much easier! I really should have assumed it would work like that, since it's based on Google Maps and all, I guess I just thought it would mess up my route.

Okay, now my new trails have been approved, and it turns out the one I THOUGHT had worked properly, didn't work at all. It doesn't have ANY GPS data attached to it! So I have updated it, and it seems like the drawing tool worked better for me this time (maybe clicking and dragging to pan is less confusing to the system than zoom in/zoom out? I also used Google Chrome this time, and maybe that made a difference...) but I will have to see what happens after the changes are approved.

Anyway, on to the next issue:

I have also tried to go back to my other half-finished trails to add the remainder of the route, and it seems that the "edit trail" option only gives you the ability to move existing plot points, it doesn't allow you to add length to the trail. Therefore, in order to lengthen my trail, I will have to delete entire trail and start from scratch (as far as I can tell). That would be fine if I could just click a button saying "start from scratch" or something like that, and then go on and sketch my replacement trail, and submit it for approval. However, as it stands all I seem to be able to do is select the "delete gps track" option and submit that request. I will have to wait for the deletion of the existing trail to be approved, and ONLY then can I draw a replacement. Does this seem correct, or am I missing something?

I think it would be much better to allow people to create a new trail (if they think it is necessary) and submit it for approval without having to get the deletion of the original track approved first. That way the "approval officer" can actually look at what the potential replacement is, without needing to blindly remove the original track in the hopes that someone will come back soon and put a better track in.

Again, please let me know if there is something I'm just missing in the system, but this is my impression of how it is set up.
Thanks!

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 1:51 Quote
On a different note, I just noticed a lengthy description I wrote for a trail got cut off just before the end. It's on Black Powder. The end of the description is supposed to say "Dark Blue", but it just says "Dark...

I'm assuming I just hit the limit of allowed characters or something... Is there supposed to be some way to see the full description other than going to the edit page?

If we are only allowed a certain amount of characters under description, it would be nice to have that limit imposed in the edit page, and some kind of information telling you there is a limit.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just looked back at the old posts, and you are already aware of this issue. Pay no heed... nothing to see here...

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 11:33 Quote
ThatDan wrote:
I have also tried to go back to my other half-finished trails to add the remainder of the route, and it seems that the "edit trail" option only gives you the ability to move existing plot points, it doesn't allow you to add length to the trail. Therefore, in order to lengthen my trail, I will have to delete entire trail and start from scratch (as far as I can tell). That would be fine if I could just click a button saying "start from scratch" or something like that, and then go on and sketch my replacement trail, and submit it for approval. However, as it stands all I seem to be able to do is select the "delete gps track" option and submit that request. I will have to wait for the deletion of the existing trail to be approved, and ONLY then can I draw a replacement. Does this seem correct, or am I missing something?

You can extend a trail when editing the points. There are 2 types of dots, one is slightly opaque. Between each white dot is an opaque dot, this dot isn't an actual point in the gps track, its the halfway point between the 2 other points. You can click and drag these opaque dots to add a new point.

So what I do is grab the end dot and drag it to where I want to extend the trail too. Then there will be an opaque dot in the middle of this long straight line, that I can start moving into place one by one, each time it will create a new opaque dot in the middle of the new section.
add points

Posted: Jul 19, 2014 at 15:09 Quote
Not really a bug, but on a leaderboard page, the hyperlink for the time links back to the same leaderboard page. Seems a bit pointless. Should it not take you to the ridelog the same as clicking the date?

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 22:04 Quote
Recent Activity on Profile and Dashboard pages has incorrect counts. I have submitted three trail reports, and the most recent entry in my activity reads [ add | report | Kashmir and 3 others ] yet if I click "3 others" it just lists three. It seems to be doing just activity.count() rather than count()-1 to allow for the one it has already listed.

Behaves the same for other activities I've tested too including [ add | trail ], [ vote | trail ] and [ridden | trail ]

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 12:33 Quote
Nice finds Hwulex, fixing these issues now!

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 13:30 Quote
Whenever I am looking at a trail with the satellite layer on, the trail doesn't line up with the image. It lines up with every other layer, but not satellite. Hopefully you can fix this sense Ive been manually adding trails to Kirkwood Mountain Resort's Bike Park.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012816
Mobile Version of Website