Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 13:29 Quote
canadaka wrote:
tbryn wrote:
It seems there is an issue with the Ride Planner for Hartland: not all the trails show up. They are all visible in the Overview though. For example, the Regional Trial South from the Parking lot on Hartland Ave disappears when I go to the ride planner.

URL for the area:
https://www.trailforks.com/region/hartland-mountain-bike-park/planner/

I've tried clearing the cache in my browser, and a friend confirmed that trails are missing on his computer as well. Using Chrome on Mac OS X if it matters.

Thanks!

should be updated now, I forced a manual refresh of the routing data for this region.

Hmm, still seeing the same problem with missing trails in the Ride Planner for Hartland. Here's a link to a couple screenshots: https://goo.gl/photos/K6V6dD9ZhA51gfRx8

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 22:20 Quote
tbryn wrote:
canadaka wrote:
tbryn wrote:
It seems there is an issue with the Ride Planner for Hartland: not all the trails show up. They are all visible in the Overview though. For example, the Regional Trial South from the Parking lot on Hartland Ave disappears when I go to the ride planner.

URL for the area:
https://www.trailforks.com/region/hartland-mountain-bike-park/planner/

I've tried clearing the cache in my browser, and a friend confirmed that trails are missing on his computer as well. Using Chrome on Mac OS X if it matters.

Thanks!

should be updated now, I forced a manual refresh of the routing data for this region.

Hmm, still seeing the same problem with missing trails in the Ride Planner for Hartland. Here's a link to a couple screenshots: https://goo.gl/photos/K6V6dD9ZhA51gfRx8

Not sure what happened, the 2 main access trails were missing. Re-generated routing area around Victoria and seems good now.

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 22:24 Quote
jmalefyt wrote:
I keep getting an error "finding the edge" when using the ride planner. This causes my route to not follow the trail, but a straight line.

What region are you trying to create a ride plan in?

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
I´m an admin in Gothenburg and I recieve emails with updates from Trailforks that I need to confirm but sometimes the link to the trail or poi is missing in the email. I recieved one yesterday at 22:30 (CEST UTC+2h).

"Please review the poi edit and confirm or reject it.
Rock Garden & drops in Gråbo"

no more info. Is this a known bug?

Posted: Jun 14, 2017 at 17:45 Quote
canadaka wrote:
jmalefyt wrote:
I keep getting an error "finding the edge" when using the ride planner. This causes my route to not follow the trail, but a straight line.

In the Southeast region of the U.S. North Carolina specifically.

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 23:32 Quote
jmalefyt wrote:
canadaka wrote:
jmalefyt wrote:

In the Southeast region of the U.S. North Carolina specifically.

I meant a smaller region, like the riding area or city. Routing only works within the area around riding areas. The yellow boxes in the state.
photo

PatternsOn wrote:
I´m an admin in Gothenburg and I recieve emails with updates from Trailforks that I need to confirm but sometimes the link to the trail or poi is missing in the email. I recieved one yesterday at 22:30 (CEST UTC+2h).

"Please review the poi edit and confirm or reject it.
Rock Garden & drops in Gråbo"

no more info. Is this a known bug?

Thanks for reporting, I will fix.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 12:12 Quote
velocitajano wrote:
I'm trying to link up a lower sunshine coast route, and every single time I try to connect through sidewinder, it auto bypasses me up yellow, down white, and back onto sidewinder. I tried both directions, as well as making the waypoints very close to each other, but it still auto routes around Sidewinder. I want it to go THROUGH sidewinder.

Normally I wouldn't mind so much with small bugs, but lots of newbies will be following this route and I want it to be accurate. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/eBKf1fE.png

Side Sidewinder marked as a Down only? It defaults to the best (common) way. I've fought and fought with this issue as well and then it just disappeared.

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 21:15 Quote
So it seems there is a topology error. Region admin can see a grey link in bottom right of a regions ride planner page "egion routing admin"

When viewing the routing admin yellow points are edge nodes with no connecting edges. So this weird to see yellow dots here.
photo

I edited the trails to cleanup the points in that intersection, snapping them together and making sure there was no overlap. Then awhile later the regions routing network updated. Seems to work now!

https://www.trailforks.com/region/roberts-creek-287/planner/?waypoints=49.427919,-123.535810:49.428514,-123.527773:49.430901,-123.521095

Also note you can always use the 2nd routing "selecting" method. In which you manually select each segment one by one.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
I have trip to Durango Co coming up and wanted to plan some routes. I don't seen the trails near town when I pull up Ride planner. I see the yellow box north of town, but not in area around town. I an looking to a look in the Log Chutes area. Last year a did ride in Hoffheins, Dry Fork CT loop and I used ride planner to make .gpx file. This year I cannot.

Not sure what is wrong. I am using Google Chrome as my desktop browser.

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:58 Quote
JoePAz wrote:
I have trip to Durango Co coming up and wanted to plan some routes. I don't seen the trails near town when I pull up Ride planner. I see the yellow box north of town, but not in area around town. I an looking to a look in the Log Chutes area. Last year a did ride in Hoffheins, Dry Fork CT loop and I used ride planner to make .gpx file. This year I cannot.

Not sure what is wrong. I am using Google Chrome as my desktop browser.

Thanks for reporting, I've fixed it. The routing area to the north was too large to merge into. But i've generated a seperate one just for the Durango area now. The ride planner should work now.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:00 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Thanks for reporting, I've fixed it. The routing area to the north was too large to merge into. But i've generated a seperate one just for the Durango area now. The ride planner should work now.

Thanks I will check it out and make sure it works.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:28 Quote
Looks better, but there are some trails that cross the two boxes that are missing from Ride planner. CT(junction Creek) and Animas Overlook, Hoffheins, Dry fork. Also trying to link the purple Log chutes 1 to black Log Chutes 3 does not seem to work. That could be user error or maybe because it is crossing the boxes.

I took a screen shot, but have not figured how to post it.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 21:25 Quote
I am trying to download my ride plan into a .gpx, but the website is giving me and error.

Says

ATTENTION

I restarted my computer and nothing changed. Using Google Chrome and never had a problem before.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 20:05 Quote
The gpx download after creating a route is taking me to a page that says there is an error -- but doesn't provide further info. Tried downloading old routes that used to work and it seems to be a general error when clicking on the 'download gpx' button. Ideas?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013976
Mobile Version of Website