Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 15:43 Quote
For printing a custom map, how do I unlock the output format PDF? I have 15 Trail Karma points.

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 17:28 Quote
Trailsforks is amazing! Such a great tool! However, I have found one minor bug. Some trails seem to be missing from from the ride planner and print map tools for the High Mountain, New Jersey/USA region (example: Ancients and Circleswitch). Is there a way to show the show the missing trails? Either way, thanks for the great tool!

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
Routing is fixed in the Torhout area of Belgium.

WaynePaths wrote:
Trailsforks is amazing! Such a great tool! However, I have found one minor bug. Some trails seem to be missing from from the ride planner and print map tools for the High Mountain, New Jersey/USA region (example: Ancients and Circleswitch). Is there a way to show the show the missing trails? Either way, thanks for the great tool!

If a trail is missing from the ride planner routing, one way to fix it is to make a small edit to the trails GPS points. Once approved the change will force a sync of that trail to the routing database.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
canadaka wrote:
If a trail is missing from the ride planner routing, one way to fix it is to make a small edit to the trails GPS points. Once approved the change will force a sync of that trail to the routing database.

Thanks! That fixed it.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 13:27 Quote
I’ve noticed that leaderboards don’t update or it shows my first time riding a trail as my position on the leaderboard when in global view but the site shows faster times when I look at my personal leaderboard for a trail.

Matt

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
Still unable to access GEO-TIFF and PDF for printing maps. I have 15 karma points so I think I qualify.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 18:04 Quote
zicked wrote:
Still unable to access GEO-TIFF and PDF for printing maps. I have 15 karma points so I think I qualify.

try logging out of website then login again and try.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 18:05 Quote
mangler wrote:
I’ve noticed that leaderboards don’t update or it shows my first time riding a trail as my position on the leaderboard when in global view but the site shows faster times when I look at my personal leaderboard for a trail.

Matt

@mangler Can you provide an example trail and ridelog with links.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
Tried that. Didnt work.

canadaka wrote:
zicked wrote:

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 14:12 Quote
Hey, I am an Admin for Arapuke Forest Mountain Bike Park in New Zealand.

We have been updating our trail network, loading updated trail data and changing some old trail names. We had been decommissioning trails and have even tried deleting them. We have found that the trail names from these deleted trails are still appearing in the map layer. Also, trails that have had their name changed successfully are still appearing on the map layer with the old name.

Example: Jack Be Nimble was changed to Mr Twister. This has worked successfully in the description, but still displays the old name on the map.

Have we done something wrong? Is there still a reference we need to clear?

Cheers
Russell

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 17:42 Quote
I'm unable to add a new Riding Area/Trail Network

Once filling out all the required info into the "Add Region" and I hit the Submit button it just goes to a Pinkbike error page and asks to hit the go back button and start again. This only does the same thing.

Any Ideas?

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 21:40 Quote
russell-brebner wrote:
Hey, I am an Admin for Arapuke Forest Mountain Bike Park in New Zealand.

We have been updating our trail network, loading updated trail data and changing some old trail names. We had been decommissioning trails and have even tried deleting them. We have found that the trail names from these deleted trails are still appearing in the map layer. Also, trails that have had their name changed successfully are still appearing on the map layer with the old name.

Example: Jack Be Nimble was changed to Mr Twister. This has worked successfully in the description, but still displays the old name on the map.

Have we done something wrong? Is there still a reference we need to clear?

Cheers
Russell

We much prefer if people edit existing trails, rather than delete and add new. That way any attached data like reports or photos will have continuity.

But the labels updating is just a caching issue, it takes time, sometimes weeks.
Read more about that here.

zicked wrote:
Tried that. Didnt work.

canadaka wrote:
zicked wrote:

Should work now!

Stredda wrote:

Once filling out all the required info into the "Add Region" and I hit the Submit button it just goes to a Pinkbike error page and asks to hit the go back button and start again. This only does the same thing.

Any Ideas?

Must be some bit of bad data, maybe try adding with just very basic info first, name and location only. Then edit the region later adding the other info, to narrow down the issue. PM my once submitted so I can expedite its approval.

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 16:18 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Stredda wrote:

Any Ideas?

Must be some bit of bad data, maybe try adding with just very basic info first, name and location only. Then edit the region later adding the other info, to narrow down the issue. PM my once submitted so I can expedite its approval.

No problem I'll give that a try tup

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 18:30 Quote
Hi, just want to say app is amazing, I use it frequently, and it's played a huge part in getting new riders to our growing trail system.
Quick note that may be a bug, it seems to me the mileage (where it lists info for the trail network) hasn't updated in some time for our local trail network, seems to have gotten stuck at 9 miles. Total is much closer to 18 or 19 miles. If you add up the number of feet of the trails listed, it does end up being closer to the actual number.

Trail system I'm referring to is Beebe Hill State forest in Austerlitz NY.

Cheers! And thanks for a great app.

Dee

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 3:24 Quote
Something strange is happening. I wanted to edit the trail Schorre Zuid in Ostend (Belgium), reversed the direction (wrong GPX) and saved the whole thing. This is what I get:

Something in California...

This is what it should like:

When I redo the track, I cannot change the direction, I save it, edit, reverse, same problem: so it is not a one time error, it is repeatable...

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017805
Mobile Version of Website