Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 22:34 Quote
trailrider92 wrote:
Hi, just want to say app is amazing, I use it frequently, and it's played a huge part in getting new riders to our growing trail system.
Quick note that may be a bug, it seems to me the mileage (where it lists info for the trail network) hasn't updated in some time for our local trail network, seems to have gotten stuck at 9 miles. Total is much closer to 18 or 19 miles. If you add up the number of feet of the trails listed, it does end up being closer to the actual number.

Trail system I'm referring to is Beebe Hill State forest in Austerlitz NY.

Regenerated stats for that region, should be good now.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 15:30 Quote
canadaka wrote:
trailrider92 wrote:
Hi, just want to say app is amazing, I use it frequently, and it's played a huge part in getting new riders to our growing trail system.
Quick note that may be a bug, it seems to me the mileage (where it lists info for the trail network) hasn't updated in some time for our local trail network, seems to have gotten stuck at 9 miles. Total is much closer to 18 or 19 miles. If you add up the number of feet of the trails listed, it does end up being closer to the actual number.

Trail system I'm referring to is Beebe Hill State forest in Austerlitz NY.

Regenerated stats for that region, should be good now.

Hey thanks a lot! Happy New Year!

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 1:00 Quote
There are some problems with the loading of IGN maps(French official maps) in France. When you switch to them you just get a blank map.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 13:36 Quote
I just editing a trail via my iPhone6 (iOS 11.2.1), and it stripped the final field (trail network?) from the region. I can’t even enter one in as the text boxes end at City.

This is not on the mobile site, regular www.trailforks.com

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 22:25 Quote
Until recently, trailforks worked flawlessly. However, now it shuts down somewhere during the ride. It also starts back up again arbitrarily. Typically I get around 15 -20 miles per ride. If you could follow my rides, you will see that recently, some are very short. After my ride is complete, when I go to stop recording the ride, it looks like is just started recording. today, in the middle of my ride, I just checked it and it again looked as if it just then started recording the ride. There is no record showing of when I originally started a ride earlier, or stopped. Any suggestions?

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 11:19 Quote
Bomberopm wrote:
Until recently, trailforks worked flawlessly. However, now it shuts down somewhere during the ride. It also starts back up again arbitrarily. Typically I get around 15 -20 miles per ride. If you could follow my rides, you will see that recently, some are very short. After my ride is complete, when I go to stop recording the ride, it looks like is just started recording. today, in the middle of my ride, I just checked it and it again looked as if it just then started recording the ride. There is no record showing of when I originally started a ride earlier, or stopped. Any suggestions?

Best to send us an email from within the app, this will include some debug info. Specifically there is a send tracking debug log button in the help & feedback page.

But also try shutting down other apps, seems your phone is running out of memory.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 7:26 Quote
+1 for this issue. Looking to create a route which joins multiple riding areas. Looking for a solution or work around.

Tantist wrote:
canadaka wrote:
jmalefyt wrote:

In the Southeast region of the U.S. North Carolina specifically.

I meant a smaller region, like the riding area or city. Routing only works within the area around riding areas. The yellow boxes in the state.

I have the same error:

And I find the yellow box a little small, it will be difficult to stay within this riding area... Perhaps this is something I can fix? I'm still new here...

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
Issue #1 :
In my Admin tab for my region, "Unpublished Content" shows global data (+1000 trails and +350 routes) not just data from the selected region only.

Issue #2 :
TTF list shows all POIs. Viewpoints, signs, etc...

Issue #3 :
This was noted earlier, but I'll include it again. When editing a trail with my phone on www.trailforks.com desktop version of the site, it will strip out a bunch of the region fields. I found it removed Sub Region 2 and Riding Area

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
Issue #1 :
In my Admin tab for my region, "Unpublished Content" shows global data (+1000 trails and +350 routes) not just data from the selected region only.

Issue #2 :
TTF list shows all POIs. Viewpoints, signs, etc...

Issue #3 :
This was noted earlier, but I'll include it again. When editing a trail with my phone on www.trailforks.com desktop version of the site, it will strip out a bunch of the region fields. I found it removed Sub Region 2 and Riding Area

Fixed all 3 issues.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Fixed all 3 issues.

Well look at you go. Excellent work. tup

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 23:32 Quote
The Ride Planner is very buggy:

When I add waypoints, sometimes there does not appear a path between them, sometimes waypoints are connected in a random order with many paths between more waypoints. Sometimes, it avoids some trails. And when I try to move a waypoint, it all got messed up for sure.

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 17:41 Quote
Mystery problem: I have tried using the app multiple times to log some rides. When I get home, the app seems to start and complete the upload of my activity, but nothing shows up in the Ridelog section of the Trailforks website or in the app on my phone. However, in the app I am able to go into Settings -->GPS Settings -->Recording History. All my rides that apparently uploaded are there and the data is still there, however they can't be found anywhere in my Ridelogs, app or computer. Seems that the upload isn't happening at all.

And yes, I am logged into the same account on both platforms.

Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
riderforlife123 wrote:
Mystery problem: I have tried using the app multiple times to log some rides. When I get home, the app seems to start and complete the upload of my activity, but nothing shows up in the Ridelog section of the Trailforks website or in the app on my phone. However, in the app I am able to go into Settings -->GPS Settings -->Recording History. All my rides that apparently uploaded are there and the data is still there, however they can't be found anywhere in my Ridelogs, app or computer. Seems that the upload isn't happening at all.

Thanks in advance!

It seems they are all there? https://www.trailforks.com/profile/riderforlife123/ridelog/
One of our servers went down for awhile yesterday, that must have been the cause, bad timing. Your uploads were processed in the queue after the server was fixed.

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 13:11 Quote
After recording a ride yesterday, I find that the ride shows under "my ride logs" is a completely different one than I did. About 5 miles away. Not sure how or if I can fix this. It appeared to be recording on my phone as I rode.

Joy Henderson

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 13:23 Quote
canadaka wrote:
riderforlife123 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

It seems they are all there? https://www.trailforks.com/profile/riderforlife123/ridelog/
One of our servers went down for awhile yesterday, that must have been the cause, bad timing. Your uploads were processed in the queue after the server was fixed.

Yep they are all there, bad timing as you said. Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021869
Mobile Version of Website