Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 23:24 Quote
Tantist wrote:
The Ride Planner is very buggy:

When I add waypoints, sometimes there does not appear a path between them, sometimes waypoints are connected in a random order with many paths between more waypoints. Sometimes, it avoids some trails. And when I try to move a waypoint, it all got messed up for sure.

This error is common: I just can't plan a ride without getting it:

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 11:43 Quote
There's an unpublished region in the area where I'm admin which I've rejected some time ago (being a duplicate), but it still appears as waiting for approval.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/oradea-1514506295/

Can somebody with higher rights delete it, please?

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 14:03 Quote
Problem adding photo to a skill park.

When I select a skill park:

If you go to overview, then scroll down to photo and click on add photo, it works.

If I go to the tab photo and try to add a photo with the links on that page, it doens't work, the uploaded photo is then not linked to the skill park

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 7:25 Quote
Auto import from STRAVA isn't working.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=204447&pagenum=1#commentid6573280

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 5:22 Quote
Trail double post :
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/loriaz-loop/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/loriaz/

I thought you were blocked if trying to add the same trail a second time based on the GPS data ?

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 6:23 Quote
I recently bought a Garmin Edge Touring GPS and followed Trailforks' instructions on how to download a map to my unit. First, I had to shell out $15 for the map. Then I had nothing but trouble and ultimately no success in getting the map to the Garmin. Now I'm out the $15 plus the cost to ship the GPS back to the supplier, and a lot of time, energy, and frustration. Very displeased.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 11:17 Quote
dgpboaters2001 wrote:
I recently bought a Garmin Edge Touring GPS and followed Trailforks' instructions on how to download a map to my unit. First, I had to shell out $15 for the map. Then I had nothing but trouble and ultimately no success in getting the map to the Garmin. Now I'm out the $15 plus the cost to ship the GPS back to the supplier, and a lot of time, energy, and frustration. Very displeased.

I don't use an Edge Touring (mine's an Edge 520) and don't use the trailforks generated maps (generate my own), but perhaps I can help.

In my case once I get the map image file I simply copy it onto my Garmin, disconnect and it is automatically used. In the case of the 520 the image file must be named gmapbmap.img (as the 520 only supports a single map image), I'm not sure if this is a requirement for the Touring.

One point to ensure is that you eject/disconnect the Garmin from the computer before physically disconnecting the cable to ensure the copy operation is completed. Another problem that people sometimes have is that if using Windows on the computer the map image file may get it's file extension (should be .img) removed/replaced and then it won't be recognised on the Garmin.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 5:28 Quote
How does trail recognition works when creating a route usine a GPX file ? Is there a match threshold ?
Some trails are recognized while others aren't.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 9:27 Quote
I've been adding a load of trails in my area recently and not had any trouble.
But the other day one of them went from sat in pending to vanished the next day, not rejected, just gone.
Figured it was me and did it again and it's now up.

However I've done more in the area Helston in the United kingdom.

Added 4 trails, all 4 showed in pending, 3 vanished the next day.
I redid the 3 last night, ones stuck the other two are gone again.

They should be named "the long way home" and "did I take a wrong turn"

I've added far more than this in one go before, is there now some sort of limit? or is it because they are close/overlap a little?

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 15:12 Quote
CornishCactus wrote:
But the other day one of them went from sat in pending to vanished the next day, not rejected, just gone.

I've added far more than this in one go before, is there now some sort of limit? or is it because they are close/overlap a little?

I don't see anything pending in https://www.trailforks.com/region/helston/

I see 2 trails recently rejected by you, looks like they had no GPS data, probably why. You also have 2 unpublished trails.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
Whipperman wrote:
How does trail recognition works when creating a route usine a GPX file ? Is there a match threshold ?
Some trails are recognized while others aren't.

It's complex, your ride/gpx has to match the trails as they are mapped on Trailforks fairly closely. There is a fairly big margin, 20+ meters around your GPX track. And it doens't have to be a 100% match, 80% of the trails has to match to get a full match. BUT the start and end need to match. The start and end for matching isn't the start and end as shown on the map, but cropped in about 20-30 meters. This is so trail times don't include standing around the trail head before descending.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
canadaka wrote:
CornishCactus wrote:

I don't see anything pending in https://www.trailforks.com/region/helston/

I see 2 trails recently rejected by you, looks like they had no GPS data, probably why. You also have 2 unpublished trails.

I think I've rejected 3, because it went a little wrong and it seems easier to start again than edit.
Another was added by someone else at the same time but his went to pending first so i removed mine.

The two unpublished I thought had gone live, I'm sure I saw an approved message, but they are not on the map.

How do I publish those?

The two missing trails at Helston show nowhere, but they have been created; more than once.

UPDATE
I went in and edited them, clicked a tick box about publishing and that put them in pending.
They've now reappared in unpublished.

Now live, odd

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 5:03 Quote
"Did I take a wrong turn" has been in pending for a few days now, had one accepted vote already
Two skillparks I added were confirmed today, but now "did i take a wrong turn" has vanished.
Not in pending, not on the map not in unpublished.
Looking around the map I've now noticed how many other trails are missing.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 11:17 Quote
CornishCactus wrote:
"Did I take a wrong turn" has been in pending for a few days now, had one accepted vote already
Two skillparks I added were confirmed today, but now "did i take a wrong turn" has vanished.
Not in pending, not on the map not in unpublished.
Looking around the map I've now noticed how many other trails are missing.

most of your have been rejected because they are infact routes not trails. quite a few others have had incorrect location heirarchy.

anything you upload which combines trail and road sections should be uploaded as a route.

location heirarchy must be followed. i.e. UK>England>region>town>riding area

I actually sent you an email on the 11th about an issue but you havent opened it.

if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 17:19 Quote
when editing directory for a bike shop, some edits get changed to unpublished at random, and I cant change them to published because there is no button for it.
they edit also shows up on the activity on trailforks, but when i click on it it say Message: Directory is not published
and on hte top if I press F5 it say Directory listing successfully edited.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022973
Mobile Version of Website