Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: May 29, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
I searched for this issue, but couldn't find any sollution: I can't plan routes via cycleways. I found some related posts about this problem, but I couldn't spot the reason for this issue. OSM tags seem to be fine (AFAIK) and the cycleways appear as purple lines in the topo map, but still the planner routes only through trails and driveways.
I tried this in several locations in Southern Finland with same results.
Not sure if this is a bug or is it still just related to OSM tags.
This is what the tags look like for several of the cycleways I was planning to use:
OSM tags

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
Ride planner will route through trails marked as closed:

I'd like to leave rerouted sections of trail visible on the map for reference against memory/old trail maps/etc, but they shouldn't be used by the ride planner for routing.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
Hey,
Lately trailforks wont record distance. It only records my time and it doesnt overlay my ride on the map.
Ive tried reinstalling and the like to no avail.
Any help?
Thanks!

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
Manateeboi wrote:
Hey,
Lately trailforks wont record distance. It only records my time and it doesnt overlay my ride on the map.
Ive tried reinstalling and the like to no avail.
Any help?
Thanks!

Use Strava. Wink

Mod Plus
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
@RedKroovy can you provide a link to the area you are trying to route in.

@TheAngryTomato I will leave closed in the routing network but adjust their "cost" score so its very unlikely routing will take them, unless its the only option?

@Manateeboi sounds like you don't have a GPS location, make the Trailforks app has permission to use location services on your phone. That you're not in some sort of power savings mode on the phone. Best to send us debug logs after trying to record and it not working, following these steps: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/92/

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
When viewing the full screen map I can't see the little icons (like parking and all the other map markers). I just see white squares where they should be.

I'm using Firefox.

Mod Plus
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
KJ92 wrote:
When viewing the full screen map I can't see the little icons (like parking and all the other map markers). I just see white squares where they should be.

I'm using Firefox.

Can you provide a screenshot?

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
canadaka wrote:
@RedKroovy can you provide a link to the area you are trying to route in.

@TheAngryTomato I will leave closed in the routing network but adjust their "cost" score so its very unlikely routing will take them, unless its the only option?

@Manateeboi sounds like you don't have a GPS location, make the Trailforks app has permission to use location services on your phone. That you're not in some sort of power savings mode on the phone. Best to send us debug logs after trying to record and it not working, following these steps: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/92/

Thanks for the reply. Ive checked that location is enabled in the app settings. Ive tried sending a debug log multiple times but I never get any sort of confirmation that anything actually sent.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
markholloway wrote:
KJ92 wrote:

I'm using Firefox.

Can you provide a screenshot?
https://imgur.com/a/lroOz1v

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
Iphone 7 iOS 12.2

I was browsing the trailforks SAR page around the Kelowna, BC area and switched the map base to the Google Satellite layer. It came up with an unclickable warning "Do You Own This Page?" and the map tiles showed an image with a watermark "development purposes only".
Works fine on trailforks.com, but not the SAR version. The other map layers work fine, just not google and SAR.

Enjoy!

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
Was the "deselect trail" feature in the ride planner ever rolled out? I'm planning a route and the planner seems insistent on taking massive liberties with where it thinks I want to go (e.g. adding 1000 unwanted meters of climbing), and I can't find a way to tell it "NO".

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
bemery wrote:
Was the "deselect trail" feature in the ride planner ever rolled out? I'm planning a route and the planner seems insistent on taking massive liberties with where it thinks I want to go (e.g. adding 1000 unwanted meters of climbing), and I can't find a way to tell it "NO".

Try using the select trail method over the routing A to B. Upper right of the page.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Try using the select trail method over the routing A to B. Upper right of the page.

Agreed, select trail method is so much easier to use. Having said this, I sometimes encounter weird behavior when using the select trail method. I recently tried to map out a route at Hilton Falls in Ontario. It was impossible. After every couple of trails I select, it auto routes a straight line way off in the distance somewhere. Any idea what causes this? I've experienced this behavior when routing in other areas (outside of Ontario) as well. Very frustrating...

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
Parsing of multiple reference numbers should be done with a character other than a hyphen (slash maybe?), since USFS system roads often use hyphens in their reference numbers:

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
markholloway wrote:
bemery wrote:

Thanks, this seems to be a good work-around. I wish I could combine the two methods.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020525
Mobile Version of Website