Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
I road a trail that is recognized on Trailforks but didn’t complete the entire loop, therefore didn’t get the badge. The rules didn’t specify that you had to complete a full segment/loop of trail. I pieced together sections of sanctioned trails. Is there a way to get my badge for day 3?

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
skholden17 wrote:
I road a trail that is recognized on Trailforks but didn’t complete the entire loop, therefore didn’t get the badge. The rules didn’t specify that you had to complete a full segment/loop of trail. I pieced together sections of sanctioned trails. Is there a way to get my badge for day 3?

You have to ride a trail as its mapped on Trailforks, so if its mapped as a loop you need to ride the complete loop. I manually gave you the Badge, but you'll have to make sure to ride the complete trail/loop to be eligible for the rest of the daily badges.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
Thanks, Mark! Sorry if I missed that in the rules.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 20:32 Quote
Hey didn't get my badge today. Is it just a matter of waiting for it to update?

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 20:47 Quote
I am having issues creating routes on the website. I am trying to create a route where I can climb up Mt Herman Road (the purple line in my picture below) to Mule (the black line). I want to head north on Mule as part of my route but Trailforks seems to not like that route. No matter what I do it always auto fills to create the route by going all the way around the mountain and then south on Mule. Mule is logged on Trailforks as starting from the north and ending in the south so I think that's what's messing it up. Either way this is pretty frustrating as I was hoping to create a route on trailforks and send it straight over to my Garmin Edge 530 but I cant create the actual route I want with Trailforks auto filling in and taking me all the way around the mountain.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 3:41 Quote
I rode a couple trails that are recognized on Trailforks but didn’t complete the entire segment or loop on any of them, and therefore didn’t get the badge. The rules didn’t specify that you had to complete a full segment/loop of trail. I pieced together sections of sanctioned trails. Is there a way to get my badge for day 3?

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
I am having issues creating routes on the website. I am trying to create a route where I can climb up Mt Herman Road (the purple line in my picture below) to Mule (the black line). I want to head north on Mule as part of my route but Trailforks seems to not like that route. No matter what I do it always auto fills to create the route by going all the way around the mountain and then south on Mule. Mule is logged on Trailforks as starting from the north and ending in the south so I think that's what's messing it up. Either way this is pretty frustrating as I was hoping to create a route on trailforks and send it straight over to my Garmin Edge 530 but I cant create the actual route I want with Trailforks auto filling in and taking me all the way around the mountain.

photo

photo

When creating the route try the select trails method over the routing A to B method. Selection is located upper right of the route creation page.

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 6:13 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
I rode a couple trails that are recognized on Trailforks but didn’t complete the entire segment or loop on any of them, and therefore didn’t get the badge. The rules didn’t specify that you had to complete a full segment/loop of trail. I pieced together sections of sanctioned trails. Is there a way to get my badge for day 3?

I manually added the badge for that ride, but to be sure you get your badges make sure your complete the full trail/loop as it is mapped on TF.

Good Luck!

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
markholloway wrote:
provin1327 wrote:

photo

photo

When creating the route try the select trails method over the routing A to B method. Selection is located upper right of the route creation page.

Still doesn't work. It actually forces me to go past the trail intersection where I want to turn right and then forces me to come back down. I just want to go to the intersection of Mt Herman road and Mule then turn right.

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
markholloway wrote:
provin1327 wrote:

photo

photo

Still doesn't work. It actually forces me to go past the trail intersection where I want to turn right and then forces me to come back down. I just want to go to the intersection of Mt Herman road and Mule then turn right.

I think you are missing a few very small section of trail when selecting the sections for your route. Try zooming in and and you should see little brown dots at every point in which a trail intersects another trail. Make sure when selecting your route you are clicking each point between these brown dots. if you miss one it will jump around on you.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
markholloway wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:

I manually added the badge for that ride, but to be sure you get your badges make sure your complete the full trail/loop as it is mapped on TF.

Good Luck!

Thank you Mark!

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
@provin1327 the ride planner in Mount Herman should work better now.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
Everything is working great for me. Thanks for all the work Trevor, Mark, etc...

Vacations and beers for all of you come August.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
All the new Badges "Epic Ride Descent 2k" in every region measure the climb meters instead of the descent. SO the badge will be awarded when climbing uphill instead of riding downhill :-)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015628
Mobile Version of Website