Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
markholloway wrote:
So you want to download Trailforks data and use it in another app??

Hahah. I’m enjoying this.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 2:37 Quote
I'm not sure if this requires a separate thread but.. anyway ...

I'm having a crack at importing some hiking/tramping trails for my area. I have a bulk kml file and a speadsheet of the trails and their trail number.

After I load the bulk file and go to select a certain trail it brings up the lost of trails to select in the dropdown window.
The trails are listed as Track 1, Track 2 etc..

No problem I thought, I have the spreadsheet which has the trail name as well as the trail number so I can use this to help identify the right trails.

WRONG

The numbers assigned to the trails listed in dropdown dont match the trail numbers on the spreadsheet (the totals however are the same).

Any ideas on how I can sort this?

There's over 3000 trails to sort through Blank Stare

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
Kiwimatt wrote:

I'm having a crack at importing some hiking/tramping trails for my area. I have a bulk kml file and a speadsheet of the trails and their trail number.

After I load the bulk file and go to select a certain trail it brings up the lost of trails to select in the dropdown window.

No problem I thought, I have the spreadsheet which has the trail name as well as the trail number so I can use this to help identify the right trails.

WRONG

The numbers assigned to the trails listed in dropdown dont match the trail numbers on the spreadsheet (the totals however are the same).

Hmm if you have that many trails to import, might be best if I create a small script to bulk import them. Send me the data via email to trevor@pinkbike.com

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Kiwimatt wrote:

WRONG

Hmm if you have that many trails to import, might be best if I create a small script to bulk import them. Send me the data via email to trevor@pinkbike.com

Thanks, Will do that shortly

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
Hi, I removed Trailforks as it wouldn’t open. Now attempting to reinstall and it won’t download from app store

It used to work...

Apple iPhone 7 ios 13.3. Any ideas?

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
professed wrote:
Hi, I removed Trailforks as it wouldn’t open. Now attempting to reinstall and it won’t download from app store

It used to work...

Apple iPhone 7 ios 13.3. Any ideas?

Confirmed that it downloads and is working as it should on iOS 13.3. Try hard rebooting your device and then re-download.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
photo

www.pinkbike.com/video/509995/

wrong area: www.trailforks.com/trails/indre-bruhode/

the vid is listed to be in USA, but is also listed to be in a single track located in Norway.

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
I'm in a similar boat. I have over 120 GPX (and duplicate KML files) that I would like to import. They have multiple tracks each. The import tool will only allow me to select one track, so the trail is not complete. I have tried to use the bulk tool, but I don't have enough "trust" to use it. I also cannot figure out what gives me "trust", but I'm betting importing only small chunks of the trail isn't a good way to get it.

canadaka wrote:
Kiwimatt wrote:

WRONG

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
My Trailforks app shows the incorrect date in "My ride logs".

I have 5x logs recorded in the last few weeks, all in NZDST timezone (UTC+13). On the app, each of these ride logs shows the log time as an additional +12 hrs (so UTC+25). Ride logs on the website correctly show my local time (UTC+13).

An example is https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/10714338/ which should display Jan 21 5:06pm local time (NZDST, UTC+13) but incorrectly shows Jan 22 5:06am on my app. (Currently private, but happy to make it public if necessary)

App is build 1.34.4, phone is Sony G8232 (Android 8.0.0)

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
tpbedford wrote:
My Trailforks app shows the incorrect date in "My ride logs".

I have 5x logs recorded in the last few weeks, all in NZDST timezone (UTC+13). On the app, each of these ride logs shows the log time as an additional +12 hrs (so UTC+25). Ride logs on the website correctly show my local time (UTC+13).

An example is https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/10714338/ which should display Jan 21 5:06pm local time (NZDST, UTC+13) but incorrectly shows Jan 22 5:06am on my app. (Currently private, but happy to make it public if necessary)

App is build 1.34.4, phone is Sony G8232 (Android 8.0.0)

This seems to be a problem with the NZ timezone. It's been reported by quite a few users over the years - all of them in NZ.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
I'm trying to use the Route Planner in the Tucson Arizona area. Why aren't any of the roads and streets routable anymore in this area? Trails are still routable, but streets and roads aren't. I'm trying to map some routes that involve sections of road. This used to work, as I've mapped other routes in the past in this area using roads without issue, but it's not anymore. What's changed? In all other areas that I've checked roads and streets appear to be routable as normal, but not in the Tucson area anymore...

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
Trailforks.com on iPhone 7 (iOS 13.something)
Confirming trails (via admin email subscription)
Editing said trail.

The webpage no longer functions well on a mobile for editing/confirming. When changing city/region etc.. the 'popup' box is positioned off screen for the most part and won't allow moving to see the left edges of it. Rotation screen to landscape doesn't make it visible either, just pushes further off screen.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 5:54 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
Trailforks.com on iPhone 7 (iOS 13.something)
Confirming trails (via admin email subscription)
Editing said trail.

The webpage no longer functions well on a mobile for editing/confirming. When changing city/region etc.. the 'popup' box is positioned off screen for the most part and won't allow moving to see the left edges of it. Rotation screen to landscape doesn't make it visible either, just pushes further off screen.

Trailforks edit issues

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
Hello, my citiy location is completly messed up. I noticed this because the forecast is never okay and the "Nearby" tab shows things that had nothing to do with near trails. My city is Bilbao (Basque Country) in Spain and I am very sure there is no other Bilbao anywhere in Spain. When I clic the Trails->Load by Map tab it zooms the map near Malaga, and the trails that appear in the "Nearby" tab seem to be from that area too. When I select my city in the settings/profile menu I can only choose 1 Bilbao. But for example when I look for Bilbao in the search box (up right corner in main webpage) it shows 2 Bilbaos, 1 with the wrong location (wich should be deleted seems I am sure it does not exist) and the other seems to be okay, but I cannot select it in the profile menu.

I hope this serves for someone to fix it.

Edit: I was doing more investigation and I discovered you can edit regions, so it is more likely that someone messed up while creating the region. I submited a change with the location of the region/city corrected but I dont see how to submit a change so that the second Bilbao is deleted. Maybe a mod can help me sort this out.

Thanks.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but my Trailforks app does not show the start and end points when I select a trail, so I can't tell what direction the trails run.
It will show me the legend at the bottom with the start on the left and the end on the right, but on the actual map the trail will be highlighted but there are no start and end points.

I'm sure there use to be green and red circles, so I feel like I'm doing something wrong, I can't find any setting and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Am I going crazy, doesn't this app usually show the start and end points?

I've been exploring a forest recently and Trailforks is very useful to find the trails, but without knowing the start and end I feel like I keep going the wrong way and end up pushing up trails that are probably meant to be downhill.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013820
Mobile Version of Website